Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hmm...

First thing first, grab Super Metroid and Super Mario Allstars.

Puzzles - Tetris Attack... Awesome game in my opinion, one of the few puzzlers I played to death. I've still yet to buy it myself though :(.

Fighters - Mortal Kombat II (if you like that stuff), Street Fighter II (whatever the newest version is, I think Turbo) and possibly Killer Instinct. I'd avoid Street Fighter Alpha, as it's a pretty crappy port.

Shooters/whatever - Star Fox, Contra (there are a few of them, but they're all pretty good), Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Super Ghouls n Ghosts, Castlevanai IV, Megaman Xwhatever and Pocky & Rocky.

RPGs/Adventures - Final Fantasy 2 and 3 (hell to find these now, so good luck), Secret of Mana, Lufia 2, Chrono Trigger, Robotrek (horrible translation, but I love this game lol) and Earthbound (my favorite RPG ever). Illusion of Gaia and Secret of Evermore are also decent. E.V.O. Is also fun, but really weird.

Those are my recommendations... Guess it depends on what you like. Nice job getting a multi tap though, things are hard to find at this point... Oh and since you have that, get a Super Bomberman game.
Posted
I would say any Metroid game... Hehe, other then that, Tetris is a good alternative, it may look stupid but its a hard game...
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]Some of the recommendations listed I double on...especially Chrono Trigger, if you can find it. Super Mario RPG is really good too along with Gradius 3 (a great side-shooter).[/COLOR]
Guest Imsirion
Posted
Good picks, let me think.....
Kirby's Avalanche (sp?)
Donkey Kong Country
Final Fight....

Dang it, I cant think of others that have already been posted.
I'll try again later.

ooooh, Mario Cart:)
Posted
[color=red][b]Mario RPG. Best Mario game ever.[/b][/color]
Posted
[color=indigo]Don't forget Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island! ...Unless you have a GBA, that is, in which case you'd probably be better off getting the remake on the GBA.

Um...dang, everyone else has already named off all the other best games. >_<[/color]
Posted
let's see, i have 17 SNES games, and out of those 17 the best ones are
Gradius III
Star Fox
Super Ghouls and ghosts
Any of the Donkey Kongs
Mario Kart
Street Fighter II

i warn you now. do not get any Snes games that are made after movies, they're all horrible.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morph [/i]
[B]I would say any Metroid game... [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=royalblue]Theres only one out on the SNES, the others are for GB and NES.

[color=indigo]Don't forget the ones for the GBA and GCN. :D - Desbreko[/color]

I think Semjaza pretty much summed up the best games. Most of my games for the SNES are RPG's, 'cept Super Metroid and a few others, but he listed all the ones i have... or atleast remember i have.

Sim City is another great game, it's awesomely fun, or atleast until you figure out the infinite money code, but it's worth having.[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Spikey [/i]
[B]Get the original Mario!

I loved it, though pretty easy. [/B][/QUOTE]



[COLOR=deeppink]The original mario game is on the Atari, not the SNES.




I'd recomend getting any Contra game that is for that system. I don't know if there is one for the SNES, but it's a great game series. ^_^[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B][COLOR=deeppink]The original mario game is on the Atari, not the SNES.




COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

I always get those two mixed up.lol

In that case, any Mario game.
Posted
I think you HAVE to get these: Super Metroid, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario Kart,(you probably don't know what this is) Actraiser,Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts,Super Mario RPG,Super Punch-Out,Contra 3 Alien Wars,Chrono Trigger,Super Castlevania IV,Super Mario World 2:Yoshi's Island(Awesome game, by the way),Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting, Final Fantasy 3,The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Super Mario All-Stars. Trust me, when people say classics, these are the games they're talking about
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]If you are in the US, don't even bother looking for an actual cart of Terranigma. It never came out here for some stupid reason. [/B][/QUOTE]

...God bless EBay...and God damn those responsible...

Oh! I can't believe I forgot the SNES Battletoad games! Buy them if you can, as they are both fun and full of challenge.
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Revolver
Posted
Any Rockman game, Harvest Moon, and Sunset Riders. Those are pretty much the best games on the SNES! :D
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[COLOR=green]Sorry I am a Zelda maniac, and my favorite game on SNES is Zelda: A Link to the Past, then about all the other Zelda games they have. I know these games are easy but I like Donkey Kong games also, then MarioKart. hehe[/COLOR] :angel:
Posted
You Want Good SNES games, You got it.

Here's a list of good SNES games,

Final Fantasy 3 - Long good action. (I'm Addicted ^_^)
Final Fantasy 2 - Also good, Not as long.
Super Mario RPG - Great Graphics, Great Gameplay.
Super Punch Out - A Fun Boxing game.
Earthbound - Well I Personally Love this game, Not the best graphics but still very fun!
Zelda A Link To The Past - Fun, Good graphics for 16-bit, Any Zelda player would Love it!
Street Fighter 2 - A very fun 2-D Fighting game.

My Personal Favorites, Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, and Final Fantasy 3.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...