Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
The manga was all right. I never watched the anime before. The Block buster here has 0 anime. *sad.* The manga was all right. I like Marmalade Boy better! Love Hina was very repetitive. It got boring. But it has a happy ending, I guess, so yay!
Posted
Hmm, I've been wanting to see some for a while. I watch the fansubs so I'll probably get to see the last episode. I just finished watching Chobits so I guess I'm pretty prepared lol
Guest PhoenixFlame
Posted
Yes yes yes this part of the post will be off topic but my favorite character in the love hina cartoons was shinobu, i just liked her personality (after the beginning two episodes, she was just....well you'll see but she wasn't a pain if thats what your thinking).

But if you want the episodes you know where to get them right (the dude above me)?
Posted
**note: Part is a bit off topic** I watched the first 2 fansubs myself, but I was totally running out of room...so I deleted em'-_-. I deleted quite a few good fansubs due to lack of resources. Anyway, I have volumes 2-9 or something like that^_^. I also have a 3-11 of shonen jump, and one Cyberdolls manga (I didn't like the fact it wasn't writting in anime format, that is right to left) In regards to Love Hina, it is funny, a bit repetitive, but funny. There quite a few hot springs scenes, but yeah one of the big driving forces is the romantic subplots. Without the romantic part, I would have been bored of the repetetive scenes where Keitaro Urashima sees things he isn't supposed to eh heh^_^; I really like the manga, though the anime is great too^_^ Some of the characters have charm and qualities like with Shinobu and her easily flustered self, and Motoko with her ahhh somewhat feudal japan view of life (she is a swords master and has many traits of the samurai). Ok, sorry about giving away little tidbits, but I am not certain how to black it out and anyway, it doesn't really give much away^_^
  • 2 months later...
Posted
you mean other than the original 14? thats not fair!! IS THERE? IS IT TRUE?! I MUST KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok. i'm okay know. But really. I really need to know if this is true!

~naru-chan
Posted
[color=violet]I recently read two of the Love Hina Manga. I think I got the idea of the plot, but I should probably read more of it to be sure.

I did like the storyline however. The idea of two people wanting to go to [spoiler]Tokyo University because they both promised a friend of theirs when they were younger[/spoiler] is touching in a strange way and I kept hoping that poor boy would pass his exams.

So, has anyone else read the manga or seen the anime? If so, does anyone else have an opinion on it?[/color]
Posted
I have seen the first four episodes of the anime, and its pretty funny! I really like the opening song, I think its called Sakura Saku, check it out sometime!:D
Posted
I've read the first 2 manga and seen the first 4 episodes.
Personally I love it so far.
I like the whole promise thing too (Oh, and you didn't have to blank that out, it told to you in the very first page/episode, so i don't it's a huge plot spoiler :p). Even though it seemed like the whole 1 guy to a billion girls type thing, I quickly fell in love with the characters and the plot is moving much quicker than I expected, always keeping me interested. :)
I think the dub for the show is one of the worst I have ever heard, but I really enjoy the sub track. :)
Posted
That little white-haired girl is really funny... kinda like a takeoff on Ed from Cowboy Bebop... or the other way around...
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue]I, actually, have never seen/read it. I've heard a lot about it and seen tons of stuff, but I've never had the time to actually pick it up.
One time, my dad and I were in an anime and video game store when he picked up one of the manga. He kinda flipped through it and asked me about it. XD It was pretty funny.
Some time I'll think I'll check it out though, perhaps I'll grap the first few manga volumes.[/color][/size]
Posted
I've seen the anime series and read the first two volumes of the manga. I watched the whole anime series in about a period of two days, so I sort of had a headache by the end, but that was just from staring at a screen for too long. :p

Anyway, the whole thing ends up being really funny. Very light-hearted and stays so almost the whole time, which is good if you're in the mood for that sort of thing (which I almost always am). Although Naru hitting Kei over and over and over gets kind of old, in my opinion.

And I agree, the dub is absolutely horrible. Watch the subtitled version if you can at all.

It is a little perverted at times (what do you really expect from a series about seven girls living together, written by a guy) so it's nothing I'd watch with my parents, but it's a fun series.
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]I read almost the entire manga series, but never got to pick up the last two or so. I guess I need to so that I can finally see what happens at the end of the series...

The manga was good, but it just got SO repetitive. Sure, it added new ideas and gave a plot twist here and there, but you could almost always predict what was going to happen between Keitaro and Naru. And in the manga the characters were well-developed, so that made me happy.

The anime I didn't like as much. Alot of stuff was changed (as usual) and it just didn't give me the same "fluffy" feeling. And even though it was the real deal, it just wasn't as funny to me. I don't know, maybe I just tend to prefer the raw manga over the anime. *Shrugs* But the opener was really addictive.[/color][/size]
Posted
I know I posted it already earlier, but I have been told there is a new Love Hina manga being realeased in japan.I dont think the guy is lieing,but Im having trouble finding info on it.
Posted
I've only read the 1st three manga, and I saw the Christmas movie. Love Hina is a great series! The person who thought it up is a genius! (I forget the author's name..... :sweat: )
Posted
i figured it out! its a re-release called 'Iro-Hina' Iy has bonus material and stuff. i was reading about it in 'A.I. Love You' the re-release of another of Ken Akamatsu's series'. I hope it comes out here soon!!!!!!!!!

~naru-chan
Posted
I've read all mangas, own 7 of them, seen all the episodes, own 4 dvds, have little figurines, plus the big naru and kanako figures, posters,a naru plushie, other stuff, and I dressed up like Naru for AWA last year. Nope...never hear of Love Hina..lol.

I'm like the ruler of all Love Hina knowledge! muahahahahaha!!! my friends even call me naru-chan. Otaku-ness feels good. lol
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest fool Cool This
Posted
It is call Love Hina Again. I have the perfect collection of Love Hina on the last episodes it tell you that it will come out in 2001. You can buy it in japeness if you want right now. If you need info you can email me.
Posted
fool Cool This, you really need to work on your grammer and spelling. It's bad on a consistant basis, and makes your posts a bit hard to understand.

Love Hina again is already out. It's basically a recap of the end of the manga, as the television series didn't make it that far and fans wanted some closure. I personally haven't seen it yet, but it's supposed to be very poor. It tries to fit a big chunk of the manga into 3 OVA's, so most scenes end up very condiensed and make very little sense. And, some people said to me that there is an excessive amount in fan service. I thought it was a bit much in the series :(

So, the new manga is supposed to be filled with bonus material? Like what? I enjoyed what was include in the back of the tokyo-pop volumes that I've read, it was interesting, but is that all this Iro-Hina is? Or is it like extra side stories and such. If it's only little tidbits and sketches and such, it seems kinda a waste.
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=orange]I see that Naru is like the only other person that read the whole Series of the Original Love Hina..(which I absolutaly love...) And I must say that I can't to read Love Hina again as well is the new series if it does exist and I shall eagerly await the day that happens.

And Naru, you ma have a bit more info on Love Hina due to you're viewing of the epsisodes and own some DVD's...he he...

But I... I sweetreyes, OTAKU, own all 14 manga volumes of Love Hina...YAY!!!!!


He he so I can read them over and over and over again and relive the whole story of Kietaro, Naru, Kitsune, Koalla Su, Shinobi, and Motoko...Aw I just love reading about[spoiler] Shin's first date. wasn't that the cutest story.....oh no...what about Kietaro's orientation day at Tokyo U. Or what about the deal with Motoko and the crazy sister she has. I just lover thier fighting style don't you!!! [/spoiler] [/COLOR][/SIZE]


P.S. NAru Im not at all being rude about the things you own for lover Hina, I actually wish I had more that what I do, but I had to bras a lil bit about what I own....HE HE

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...