OtakuBoards

Love Hina

TheDarkOtaku

Anyone here obsessed with this series like I am? It's just so....funny. I mean, I sit there and laugh like I'm nuts or something when I watch it. I've already sat through the series 2 times...both for that matter, and it keeps getting better and better! So who here is a romance comedy junkie like me? :)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's obviously a nice series, i was quite obsessed with it also a while back. But now it's a Gravitation craze thats hit me ^ -. Compared to most romance anime i've seen i truly loved it. I'm sure Su generated most of your laughs, didnt she? If you havent read the Manga do so, it's even better. They include scenes they cut-off in the anime series itself.

I've read all the manga out so far, and I've ordered some billingual ones also. Actually, Su did generate alot of my laughs, but Keitaro getting beat up by Naru and Motoko always made me laugh the most...I love Motoko. This is the best line: "URASHIMA! YOU B******!" LOL!:laugh: That always makes me luagh hysterically!

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Sigh, I always like to joke around with this anime being based on my life story based on the events that have been unfolding in my life recently. But yes I certainly "Love", Love Hina. Keitaro is the classic guy that can't convey his feelings to Naru and well Naru is the classic untouchable girl that ever guy strives to be with.

Got to love the reality of this series, its comedy and semi mushy romantic stuff that I'm a sucker for. :)

I thought it was funny at the start but after the fifth volume IMO it started to become old and repetitive. I kinda got tired of seeing Keitaro being launched into orbit all the time.

Also I never liked Naru. I thought Keitaro deserved someone better.

• 1 month later...
Guest Anakin Solo
Does anyone know what this is about? I've been getting back into anime lately, and have decided to look outside the box of DBZ, lol. So can anyone tell me what it is about, and what they think about it? I have heard that its really funny from one person, and would like others opinions as well.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
:) Ah basically Love Hina is the classic love story that we all pretty much have gone through. Boy Meets girl at a young age, Boy and Girl make a promise to marry and date each other when they get older. Boy forgets girl's face and name. Boy meets a girl at a hotel he is working at that is his grandma's boy falls for the girl and tries to woo her over and tell her his feelings on an episode basis.

Bascially throw in some suggestive situations, some slap stick humor, and some really low brow sexual suggestive jokes and you get one funny/sweet anime called Love Hina.

I highly recommend this anime, and I basically gave you the general plot of the anime since I didn't want to spoil it too much for you. ;)

Hope this helped! :D

Guest Anakin Solo
How long is an episode of it? and how many episodes? Ive checked at some site, but all that they have is an outline of what its about.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
The average length time for a Love Hina Episode runs between 21-25 minutes depending on wether it has commercials in it or not. :)

As for how long the series is it's 26 episodes long, with 3 ova's that continue the story and one Christmas Special.

[COLOR=darkblue] Thgey have Love Hina on DVD in the Us now right. The only time I've seen it is in the MAnga...Which I really want to buy..but cost alot of money and that I read to quickly...Has anyone read it...If you have let me know if it's rrreeeaaaallllyyyy good and if I should buy it!!!![/COLOR]

Yeah Love Hina is funny, but no1 mentioned the insanely happy intro song Sakura Saku by Megumi Hayashibara! The ending song Kimi Sae Ireba is good too, not happy at all, much less insanely, but it's fine. Love Hina again has a happyish intro as well, but I don't think Megumi sings it ::scratches head::, someone else I guess. Anywhoo I really liked Lova Hina, although a lot of eps seemed pretty...random, it still had a lot of funny parts, and Keitaro's constantly getting beat up. Too bad only 3 eps of love hina came out, grrr I heard the manga is a lot longer but they just never made more than 3 for some reason.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anakin Solo
Ahhhhhh....yes yes yes. Ya'll were right, it is a good series. =D Funny, and good music, and sad at some parts.Very sad in the Christmas Special. Love Hina Again was alright as well. I really hated Keitaro's sister.......do not like her at all, lol.

Well just wanted to say ya'll was right, it is a good series.=D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitth'raw'nuruodo [/i]
[B]I really hated Keitaro's sister.......do not like her at all, lol.[/B][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]I would hate her, too... if she existed. o_O

The movie wasn't sad. It just had to have heart-crushing events to work its way up to a happy ending. [/color][/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cyke [/i]
[B][font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]I would hate her, too... if she existed. o_O[/color][/font] [/B][/QUOTE]
Hehehe, I guess he ment her aunt, Haruka Urashima. Oh yeah, and you stole my name! Lol, at least, they are pronounced the same. Now I wish I was "Cyk3" so people wouldn't call me Sky. o_O

I actually just got the series subbed, and I'm half way through the second DVD, out of three DVDs total. Then I'm probably going to want to get the movies. >.<

Guest Anakin Solo
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cyke [/i]
[B][font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]I would hate her, too... if she existed. o_O

The movie wasn't sad. It just had to have heart-crushing events to work its way up to a happy ending. [/color][/font] [/B][/QUOTE]

The thing that I meant was sad was when Keitaro saw Naru with Seta. Not like ALL sad. Just that part was sad. Though I may be blowing this out of proportion. =D Sad for me, that it was.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitth'raw'nuruodo [/i]
[B]The thing that I meant was sad was when Keitaro saw Naru with Seta. Not like ALL sad. Just that part was sad. Though I may be blowing this out of proportion. =D Sad for me, that it was. [/B][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]I agree. It was heart crushing, but that's how Love Hina hooks you. You'll want to know how will Keitaro and Naru be together after that.

What I didn't like from the movie was that there was no comedy. Some of the [I]Love Hina[/I] episodes were hilarious, but the movie's focus was romanticism.[/color][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sweetreyes [/i]
[B]Has anyone read both the manga and seen the series DVDs/Tapes. If you have can you tell me if they coinside with one another. You know the series doen't leave anything out and vice versa!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]I've read 7 of the 8 manga volumes, and I've watched the 25-episode series and the Christmas movie.

The events don't happen at the same time, and there are secondary characters from the anime that don't show up in the manga. The manga is more detailed, and has a more organized story than its animated counterpart. Even so, the relationship between the characters are the same in both formats.[/color][/font]

[color=indigo][size=1]I almost got this series the other night when I was at Media Play, but then I changed my mind and didn't get anything. I really want to see it, but I'm still not sure. What attracts me to an anime is attractive characters and that guy is just not even cute...[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=indigo][size=1]What attracts me to an anime is attractive characters and that guy is just not even cute...[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]Well, the girls are VERY cute...

You said attractive [i][u]characters[/i][/u], after all.

[img]http://www.rajahwwf.com/forum/images/smilies/shifty.gif[/img][/color][/font]