TheDarkOtaku

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=indigo][size=1]Of course I did. The girls have to be cute. And they are. But the lack of the cute guy is a little disappointing. Oh well, I guess I'll probably check it out, though. What's the girl's name with the long reddish brown hair?[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]Naru Narusegawa.

Oh, and there are a couple of secondary characters that are made to be "cute" in the series, like Seta, and a very dumb guy.

If you remotely like high school/college romantic stories (like I do) you'll really enjoy the show.[/color][/font]

[B][color=indigo][size=1]You know what's going to be funny? I'm going to go out and buy this series and fall in love with it. I know it's great...I love romance. I'm a SUCKER for anything romantic...and series that are completely about love antics...count me in![/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]There you go!

You made the right choice, Asuka. [font=verdana]^_^[/font][/color][/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cyke [/i]
[B][font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]I've read 7 of the 8 manga volumes, and I've watched the 25-episode series and the Christmas movie.

The events don't happen at the same time, and there are secondary characters from the anime that don't show up in the manga. The manga is more detailed, and has a more organized story than its animated counterpart. Even so, the relationship between the characters are the same in both formats.[/color][/font] [/B][/QUOTE]

Well that's good info to know...*thinks to self* Now it the time that I go and buy the DVD's and watch them!!!!

• 2 months later...
[color=hotpink][size=1]Wow, I'm bringing back up a two month old thread. Oh well, I didn't feel like starting a new one...

ANYWHO, I haven't watched the anime, but I did read the first two volumes of the manga. And I was right: I DID fall in love with it! Although Keitaro wasn't cute at all, his personality made up for it. I really really enjoyed reading the first two volumes of the series. I am so excited to read the next ones. ^_^ I really like Naru. She reminds me of myself SO much.[/color][/size]

[B][color=hotpink][size=1]I really like Naru. She reminds me of myself SO much.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
You know, that kind of scares me. o_O *sees himself getting puched through a million walls*

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]Hehehe, Naru actually IS scary. That's why Keitaro is the main character, however. He's the only one capable of surviving all the punishment.

Oh, and I have to make a correction. There's actually 9 volumes (or even more?), yet they aren't in the States.[/color][/font]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Well, I have a bad temper, but I tend to hold off on the violence. But you, Syk...*Raises her fist* better watch yourself... ^_^;

I'm thinking about seeing if I can get at least the first volume of the series. I hear the manga's better, but still...[/color][/size]

LOve Hina was a good end to a large anime dry spell. After Nadesico I haden't seen any real appealing anime, at leasnt not many (anya0 charachters that I could have any interest in their stories. Love hina was handed to me on div-x after I had asked around about it . I was hooked before the first eyecatch between the episodes. I sat in front of my computer watching 8 of the 13 episodes on the cd-rom.
Needles to say I have bought the entires dvd series including the christmas and spring specials. The spring Special was ok, but not as good as the other episodes. I still liked it and it stayed true to the series, but for anyone looking to watch this series I would start with the TV episodes before watching the movies.

• 1 month later...
Wow, I tried to get a bunch of people to reply to some Love Hina stuff, but no one did. I haven't seen the manga. I prefer watching tv than reading so I buy the dvd's to add to my box set! (Pretty expensive hobby) But I love Love Hina...as you see in the name! Well, thats all!

Don't put spoilers for the DVD b/c I haven't watched all of them yet!

Kaola

[color=hotpink][size=1]Heh, the Love Hina thread got old and died, that's where that topic went.

I am a fan of the manga and I've read all the volumes that have been released so far. As for the TV series, I still haven't gotten through the first episode. Everytime I sit down and watch it, I get bored or sidetracked and have to start over. But I'm sure it's good, but I know the manga is better.

I love Naru. She's just like me. ^_^[/color][/size]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Love Hina is a romantic comedy about this guy, Keitaro, who is trying to get into Tokyo University because of a promise he made with some nameless girl when he is a child. He ends up moving into an all-girls dormitory and trying to get along with them and study at the same time. It's a wonderful series, if romance and comedy are your thing. Think Ranma 1/2...it's sort of like that.[/color][/size]

i've already seen the whole series at first i didn't think it was good cuz of that romance stuff but i got hooked up can't help it, but yea its cool if your tired of watching robot and action anime give it a try for some comedy which is what lovehina is mostly made off.

[color=hotpink][size=1]If you didn't like the anime, perhaps you should try the manga? I am STILL having a hard time getting through that first episode.

The manga does get dry in some parts where it's the same things happening over and over again and they never quit. It gets too predictable and dragged out.[/color][/size]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I finally got through the first four episodes, and it wasn't that bad, but I'm still pro-manga. They change too many of the circumstances, but it does seem that Naru is more interested in Keitaro than her manga-self.

Hey Sara, I love Tama-chan, too! ^_^[/color][/size]

When I was new here I posted a thread about Hina myself. To be honest, I can see why there is another. The series never gets old and has something for everybody. While I think Naru is very cruel at times, she is the perfect match for Keitaro. Although, I'm sure many would agree Motoko has got to be one of the greatest anime female characters ever created. Oh yeah and BTW, Akamatsu-sama rules! :D

I've been buying the manga, so far I like it, but some of the story isn't origianly(one guy, living with a lot of girls), Su and Shinobu have to be my favorite characters.

I've had the entire series burned onto a few CDs, I'd like to finish teh manag before I start watching it though.