Love Hina

TheDarkOtaku

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I LOVE Love Hina (that sounds a little weird but ok!) It is the best anime ever! Naru is my favorite (as you can probably tell)! Sometimes I feel bad for Keitaro because all of the girls puncing him & stuff, but other times I think he's probably one of the luckiest guys on earth (in a guys eyes)!
~NaRu

I think that Naru & Keitaro are such a cute couple! You would think that they were totally wrong for each other than they end up being so completely perfect together...One of the reasons I picked this name besides Naru being my favorite is that Keitaro is so cute! lol.
~NaRu :love:

[color=hotpink][size=1]Naru, I merged your "Cute Couple" thread with this Love Hina thread because otherwise it would have been spam. If you want to discuss any aspect of LH, please, use the thread already started instead of starting a new one.

I also edited your post so that it will not look like you double posted. Hope this helps![/color][/size]

no, Keitaro made a promise with kanako to run the inn together when they grew up.

[spoiler]it was really naru he made the promise to go to tokyo u. with but mutsumi also made the same promise with naru because naru was only 2yrs old & did not remember her promise with keitaro [/spoiler]

I wish they had the Love Hina games in English!!!! Where did u download the game at? Yeah, I noticed that Naru seemed more interest in him than in the manga also... & thank you queen asuka, i forgot
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kaola Su [/i]
[B]NOOOOOOOO! I can't believe it...I was reading this thing on the "Love Hina Again" series and guess what I found out!

ONLY READ IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHO KEITARO MADE THE PROMISE TO

[spoiler]" Urashima Kanako: Keitaro's younger sister, not blood-related, and also one who Keitaro made a promise too. Evil, evil, evil, is what most people would think. However she does have her reasons, but she just doesn't understand true love and can't accept the fact that Keitaro has a relationship with Naru. She appears only in the Love Hina Again OVAs. "[/spoiler] If anyone wants that link you will have to pm me b/c I can't list it here!

[spoiler]I can't believe it! That makes me so upset and mad that it wasn't Naru! I wished it had been so much too![/spoiler]

Love, the very sad and angry Kaola [/B][/QUOTE]

one more thing. I recently downloaded some Love Hina stuff. I was watching Love Hina Again 3:Naru & there was a little girl named moe-chan. Who is she?? & again, I was watching The music video thing "Love Hina:Smile Again." Who is the girl with the short redish hair? Is that Mei-chan [spoiler]naru's half sister[/spoiler]?? [spoiler]& in the episode: Love Hina Again 3:Naru it said Naru wasnt the promised girl, yet in the manga, it said she was. Which is it? I'm confused![/spoiler]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1] ^_^ I really like Naru. She reminds me of myself SO much.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=blue][FONT=century gothic]Same for me. Naru is awesome. My friends wanted to know what Love Hina was & so I show'd them a cover of 1 of my mangas & they were like "wow, you look like the girl with the long redish-brown hair!" I do a little bit except i have darker hair than her & I have blue eyes. I have a horrible temper also (I'm VERY hotheaded! lol) I have just about the same hair cut also (not on purpose). I just wish I could kiss keitaro (lol i think hes hot) ^^[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

I'm not a big fan of fanservice, and I think Love Hina (at least in the manga, and probably in the anime) relies [i]much[/i] too heavily on fanservice to carry the story. I mean, it's like the following scene mockery. . .

Girl *fanservice* "Hi Keitaro!"

Keitaro *ignores*

Girl *fanservice* "Don't IGNORE me!" *fanservice*

Keitaro "All right. . .will. . .you. . .go. . .out. . .with. . .me?"

Girl *fanservice* slaps him *more fanservice follows*

So it's not really one of my favorites. . .give me something with a little deeper of a story. -^.^-

But it's not the deep plot or story that really holds you to the series. I believe its the emotions more than anything. I can't speak for everyone, but the range of emotions that go thru the characters relate to me on so many levels, so I think that is what keeps me wanting more of Love Hina.

• 4 weeks later...
[COLOR=green]

OMG I still found it, I;m so lucky to have done so...ut I just waned to say a uick word about this series( well for manga anyways) There are 14 voluems... 13 of which are now available in the states...Yess sorry to say it but the end of Love Hina is drawing near... also the Manga and Anime are totally different. Check out both of them if you want to see what I mean. and I pose a question to MS. Qa since I know that you are as addicted to Love Hina as I am...

Have you kept updating your reading of the series...if you have what did yo think about the end of Vol 13...and if anyone else has read it I encourage you to answer it too, but please be awar of spoilers..I wouldn't want you to ruin anything for anyone!!![/COLOR]

I just finished watching the anime series (up to episode 24. I'm really want to find Love Hina Again and the Christmas and Spring specials ...) yesterday or so, and am glad to see this rather old and beaten-up thread brought back ...

I want to try and read the manga as well, I'm through the first 1.5 books but got caught up in the anime first :p. Hehe, so I wish I could answer your question sweetreyes, but I haven't read that far yet. Does anyone know when the last manga will be out in the States, by the way?

On to some attempted discussion of the series, did anybody else think that Naru didn't deserve Keitaro at all by the end? (I don't think this is really a spoiler since it's pretty apparent they're the main couple from the beginning ...) Maybe it's different in the manga, but I didn't have as much sympathy for Naru as I think the creators probably intended. I would've rather Keitaro ended up really liking someone else ... who actually appreciated him [i]throughout[/i] instead of being selfish and blind to his good traits the entire time ... I really wished he'd end up with Shinobu, even though she was much younger than him.

Er ... don't get the wrong idea, Love Hina fans. I loved the series. I mean I watched the entire series over a span of um, three days :p. Still, that was my opinion.

Well terra although I understand your question I feel that Keitaro and Naru deserve each other. Its just that classic case of boy meets girl. He had to fight for her and I hope in the end she is the one he stays with I wouldn't like it any other way. Now who he made the promise to is an intirely different story and I absoluteyl cant wait to see that come up...

BTW terra the last vol.,#14 will be coming out....September 16, 2003...

MARK YOUR CALENDERS

PS. if you want to find out more manga dates join my club I give ot a list of manga that are to be releases every month.

[SIZE=1] [FONT=century gothic] [COLOR=blue]The 13th Volume is the best yet!!Thanks for the info on the #14 release date. I'm very sad about it being the last volume & I'm hoping that they make more...T-T
I've seen most of the epsodes & Love Hina Again #3:Naru. I've read manga #'s 1-13 & own 6-13... If you haven't watched/read the anime/manga then you should! Its the best 1 out there in my eyes ^^.

~NaRu
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

im freaking head over heals aboot that series manga tho i haven't really seen the anime + the anime like ends at the christmas special (the dubbs r so horrible) but im just like u i love the comedy romance anime./manga

i love kitsune and mustumi they r my two fav. characters but i hate keaitaros stupid step sister kannako

[color=hotpink][size=1]Please do not double post, it is against the rules. Just go back and edit your original post.[/color][/size]

I may be joining the conversation too late, but I´ve read the 13 manga´s that´re out, and while I thouroughly enjoyed it (give me a sappy romance and I´m in heaven), I´m ready for it to end. While it is funny and sweet and all that, there are only so many times you can see Keitaro fly halfway across the country without getting bored. But I do think that Naru and Keitaro deserve eachother. After all, they both like eachother, and are simply too nervous to say anything. And I gotta say, while we feel bad for Keitaro when he accidentally stumbles into the girl´s bath (or something of the like), you gotta admit, to one of the girls in said bath, he does it a bit too often to be coincidental. So I can see why they overreact, but really! Enough can really be enough.

So basically, I like it, but I am ready for it to end.

Also, is the anime worth pursuing? I know they´re different, but which is better?

I was in Walden Books & I was looking @ the Love Hina Manga & I saw #14 & I'm like "kool,i havent seen that 1 before..OMG!" (this being 17 days before the release date) I've already read it 5 times! It's soo awesome!! I'm sad that it is the last one but it is a GREAT series ender ^^..I was spazzing out for like 40 minutes yelling "OMG OMG OMG!! I cant believe it!! OMG!" & everyone was like "o shut up already Jessie." ^^0 It was extremely annoying (or so I'm told ^^0)

Well i wont ramble on any longer about it so thats all

~NaRu

• 1 month later...
Guest PhoenixFlame
its a comedic romance anime about a guy who failed to get into tokyo university 2 times in the beginning and wants a girlfriend but he gets to be kanrinin(manager) of an all girl dorm and gets a girlfriend...but the girls who live in the dorm think hes a pervert because of some mishaps and such...its really hilarious.the girls are always beating the crap out of him...any of you who like comedies should prolly watch it

i had a chance to catch a few volumes of the manga this summer and overall it was alright. The wierd ways Keitaro accidently falls into a pervertic situation can get pretty redundant over time but i'd have to agree that the show can get give a lot of good laughs. A lot of typical anime comedy here so if you're into that stuff, it's not a bad title to pick up if you haven't done so already. Haven't seen the anime yet but looking forward to watching it in the future.

Guest PhoenixFlame
well i have all 25 episodes from the first series,the christmas special,and episodes of love hina again but not the spring special :S,i dunno where you could get them from though

oh i remember you can get em off kazaa lite in the search thing...it takes forever though... it took me like 1 or 2 weeks to get all the episodes

theres no need to buy the episodes,in every single episode i have it says at the beginning "if you payed for this you were ripped off" as in the ones sold in shops are ripoffs but i only have the subtitled episodes *shrug and sigh*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PhoenixFlame [/i]
[B]well i have all 25 episodes from the first series,the christmas special,and episodes of love hina again but not the spring special :S,i dunno where you could get them from though

oh i remember you can get em off kazaa lite in the search thing...it takes forever though... it took me like 1 or 2 weeks to get all the episodes

theres no need to buy the episodes,in every single episode i have it says at the beginning "if you payed for this you were ripped off" as in the ones sold in shops are ripoffs but i only have the subtitled episodes *shrug and sigh* [/B][/QUOTE]
A couple things to address here. First of all, I believe that there are 26 episodes in Love Hina, as I own the series subbed and last time I checked, it wasn't 25. Secondly, OtakuBoards does not promote the illegal downloading of any file off the internet, much less an entire anime series. Please think twice before advising members to break the law.

As I said in the aforementioned statement, I do own Love Hina (on DVD rather than illegal downloading, I might add), and for the genre that it promotes (i.e. comedy, romance), I like it a lot and love how the producers exagerate much of the scenes, like how Keitaro, the main character, is often punched into the sky. The anime is very comical much of the series, but then it gets deep into the romance aspect at times and really helps to progress the story line.

There is a lot of character developement, as well. All of the characters, especially Keitaro, mature greatly, and though the end still leaves a few questions for you to answer on your own, it generally ties it together for the most part. The animation found in Love Hina is very fluid and clear, and it helps to set the comedic mood of the series. As for the OVAs, I have yet to see either of them, which I will have to look into and get one of these days.

Overall, I found the series to my enjoyment, though I deffinitly prefer other genres. It's not my favorite series, but it is good for what it's worth.

Guest PhoenixFlame
dude theres only 25 that were released the 26th was censored out of television i dunno why they released it on dvd,oh and you can rent em at block buster most likely

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PhoenixFlame [/i]
[B]dude theres only 25 that were released the 26th was censored out of television i dunno why they released it on dvd,oh and you can rent em at block buster most likely [/B][/QUOTE]
Ah, yes, it seems there are only 25 episodes. If episode 26 was censored out of television, I don't understand why they couldn't put it on the DVD, but oh well. As for renting it at BlockBuster, I don't know about your BlockBuster, but you should be very thankfull if it carries anime, heh.