OtakuBoards

chatroom suggestion

Guest Solidus_6

Guest Solidus_6
maybe we could have a chatroom where we could use the mic. and speakers to chat it could be a room for only OB members(wht i mean by members is not guest)could use. It would be faster than typing and it would be an easyer way to meet ppl its would basically be around the same format of AIM. it just a suggestion :toothy: :toothy: :D :D :D

[color=deeppink] [size=1]It sounds fun, but I'm not too sure if I like it completely. I mean, about 1/2 of the people here aren't even allowed to go to a chatroom where you type to other people. Some people aren't allowed to even say their real age. I... don't think many of the parents would like this idea. Especially if it's just the same thng as telephoning with people that you haven't even met.

Annnd.. that sounds a little... difficult to install. ^^[/color] [/size]

Can you imagine 20 people trying to talk at once? It just wouldn't work. And like Juu said, it would have to be installed. I know there is such a thing as vB chats that can be installed, but I doubt there is any voice one.

You can always get on ICQ or Yahoo Messenger, both of which allow voice chatting from what I remember. Although I guess you'd have to find someone to talk to first heh.

Guest Solidus_6
welll it would be just like AIM and u could have like special advisors to monditor the chatsand we could run parental controls on it

Juu u could have 10 ppl in one room and have about 50 or so rooms it may take long to do but i think it is possible any way at the bottom of otakuboards.com the highest amount of people online was only 85

[color=#507AAC]Well, if you can set up that kind of custom software or you know someone who can, tell them to PM me. ~.^

In all reality, what you're asking for is pretty much impossible. We aren't Microsoft; we can't set up our own messanger or custom chat room just like that.

The best thing you can do is use theOtaku.com's chatroom. It's not ideal, but it's the best solution we have at the current time.[/color]

Guest Solidus_6
haha it wouldnt be like 20 different ppl talking at once u could like find a group of at leats ten ppl to a room a talk about a topic and wht would be so hard about installing it

[color=deeppink] [size=1]That... would be... insanity. @_@'
With about 3379 members and going, I think it'd be very, very, very difficult having someone monitor the whole room. I'm not that happy with this idea. If you want to chat, drop by theotaku chatroom. ^_^

I'm an op (mod) there, and it's even hard monitoring 11 people, I can't imagine 3379 people in one place actually talking, when it's hard enough with people just typing. @_@'[/color] [/size]

Guest Solidus_6
wht would make it so hard all u would basically have to is take some of the software off of AIM or YIM and get it to the site somehow but i have an uncle who might be able to do that so plz dont shut the whole ideal up

[color=deeppink] [size=1]So? 50 rooms... that's still very hard. You try modding a place that's as popular as this, and I think you'll get the feel of how hard even five people can be. Espescially if they're talking. Typing may be alot easier, but talking can be overwhelmingly difficult in many ways.

btw... you triple posted. That's against the rules. ^_-

edit: It's also illegal to take software from a different software such as yim, aim, msn, especially in such a public place.[/color] [/size]

Guest Solidus_6
sry but still 85 ppl is the highest persons ever here at once so u could have 5 ppl to a room and make some software to have it if one person is talkin the others have to listen

[color=#507AAC]Okay, a few points here.

1) The software you are asking for does not exist. It's impossible to install anything like this on a Virtual Bulletin. What you're asking for is a completely custom program. Considering that I have enough difficulty getting basic hacks installed on OB, any more intensive software is simply out of the question at the current time.

2) You are spamming on so many levels. lol Please do not double/triple/quadruple post! Read our rules. ^.^

Oh...and you could do something about that post quality whilst you're at it.[/color]

[color=#507AAC]Probably not. We would need to hire someone (and actually pay them) to engineer a system like that. It's something that big companies do; I don't think you can fully appreciate the sheer complexity of what you're asking for.

What you're asking for would be the most massive modification for a vB ever. If bigger sites have not yet created such a system, then it's unlikely that we will, as nice as the idea sounds in theory.[/color]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]*cough* We all very much understand... o_o mmm.. thanks for the imput?

And btw, James, if there was one, how much space do you think that software would take up? Just curious. ^^;[/color] [/size]

[COLOR=darkblue]Theoretically it wouldn't take much more than 2-3 megs based on what MSN and Yahoo are using right now...but it wouldn't do much mercy for 56K and below users. And the code has to be originally made or you'll get burned for copyright violations.

Though I still think the Yahoo and MSN one-on-one voice messaging is more convenient and sane.[/COLOR]

And Solidus...don't double post...used the Edit button instead.

[color=#507AAC]I'm sorry, but I've had to ban Solidus_6. Despite repeated warnings not to double post (in this very thread), he's continued.

His post quality is also absolutely shocking. That is a clear reminder to everyone that the rules must be read.[/color]

Guest Solid_Snake
Ok James I am Solidus_6's brother and he wants to know if he will ever be unbanned and he says he is sorry for what he did and he will never do it again. He also says that maybe u could get AIM YIM or MSN to sponser TheOtakuBoard's chatroom.

[b]A voice chat program like that is possible, but I doubt highly that it could be implemented [i]into[/i] vB and OtakuBoards itself.

There is a program called BattleComms which is used for gaming, it allows a multitude of people to talk at once.. it would require an install as well :D[/b]

Guest Solid_Snake
But why couldn't we get AIM or YIM or MSN to sponser Te Otaku Board's chat room? woldn't that work?:confused: :therock: