OtakuBoards

Who We Are...

Kent

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I am attracted to you Del, and it isn't a good thing :p (j/k).
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

H.C...you've always been attracted to me... but you're right...it's not a good thing lol;)...Well at least i'm on the other side of the world...hehehehe:p

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
As Popeye the Sailor Man said "I am what I am", I've never been one to decieve people in real life nor on the internet I see no point in lying it's rather pointless and stupid.

So yes folks I act the same way with everyone that I would IRL, I'm just as nerdy and outspoken when the occassion arises.

If you hate me that's fine, if you like me even better really doesn't matter. ;)

Anyone that doubts me can ask ZeroG214 he's known me for a good 5 or 6 years now.

[FONT=arial]I'll go ahead and flat out say that I'm more blunt and outspoken online than IRL. in person, if you didn't know me well, you'd have to drag sentences out of me. not because I'm trying to be rude, but because I just can't think of anything to say. I'm a rather dull person, not one for conversation with most people 0_o'. I also act a little more positive offline than online, maybe cuz I usually get online when I need a break or when I'm in a bad/depressing mood.

actually, I'm kinda the same both on and offline. when I'm on message boards and such, I'll go ahead and state my opinion or talk about something I heard about, but I don't actually talk to anybody (my PM list is basically nonexistant). same IRL; I talk (it'd be kind of hard to get through the day without doing so :cross: ), but only if I have a question or if someone wants my opinion. I get most of my actual conversation skills out with a few close friends. and I'm pretty satisfied with it being that way. not that I hate everybody, I just prefer to keep to myself for the most part.[/FONT]

[COLOR=darkgreen][FONT=gothic]I wish I could say, but I don't know who I am in real life and I don't know who I am on here.
The only thing I can say for sure is that I am Harlequin's Goddess in both places, and I can express it more here because people seem more accepting.
Of course people talk more on the boards that IRL, because there is no context, just text, and you can't edit your speech.[/font][/color]

Meh.. I get sidetracked far easier offline. I mean, I can start talking about something, and then I'll make a little "side-point", and talk about that for 5 minutes or so. And then I'll make another side point.. heh..

My way of explaining it is:
"[i]When my Mum speaks, she gets to the point quickly, and stays there for half an hour. When I speak, I take half an hour to actually get to the point[/i]"

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Anyone who feels the need to be someone else online should really take that into some better use, and get into drama. There is quote from one of my friends that goes something like, "I got into drama because I know that when I am up on stage, I can pretend I'm someone else." I am sure those are not the exact words, but the next time she gets online I shall get the right words from her profile, and edit this post. It is a rather profound thought in my opinion, knowing the person she is.

[edit] The exact quote: "My life revolves around the theater, because for those few brief moments when I'm on stage, I get to be somebody else."[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red]Ah, a kindred spirit. That's one of the many reasons I've done acting in High School...for that breif moment, I'm someone else, and I'm the center of attention. It's a whole lot easier to get someone to notice you, and I've met some wonderful people too. Ah, to live life int he spotlight...

--J.C.[/color]

Yesh yesh, I love drama. ::sighs and hugs herself::

Well, I'm the same personality online and off. What I'm typing right now I'm saying in my head the EXACT way I would say it outloud. Only difference is that I'm very animated. I vary the pitch and tone of my voice, use facial expressions, and use my hands a lot (apparently more than the average person, so I've been told). And no I'm not some spaz or anything, but this black and white text is so..... black and white. When I express myself verbally/linguistically I like to color my words and feelings with sound and emotion. Obviously, you can't get any of that from your monitor.

Guest cloricus
Well I'm the same as Spikey, I have no real life off the net.
Then again with IRC, otaku, TMO, whirlpool, excite, msg, msn, trillian and other things I keep very busy.

I act very different on the net to rl, not so much here because there are people I know. Though I have more confidence because I know my way around as it were.

I also put up an argument to nearly any thing, I really dislike bias. And that seems to get me in allot of trouble, eg that time every one was going on about America was so right in its opinion of attacking Iraq and I said that America was doing most of the things that people were saying Iraq was doing. One of the most factual arguments I have ever presented and I got crap from so many people.
(So just a side note to people, I only argue to present you with the other side of the argument. I may not believe in it, it is just the other side of the story.)

Though I change my personality on the net every so often, I tend to stick to the same things.

My response to this is that the way we act on the boards isn't always exactly the same on how we are in the real world. We are made present by others so in turn we either act the same, similar, or completely oppisite around different people and environments. For example, you can take the craziest member here in OB and I'll bet you they'll act completely oppisite in a work environment (And if you do, you got balls...) and its still the way that person is. We try our best though to be who we want to be depending on how our surroundings allow us. Me, I'm generally the same about the same in some places, some more than others. On OB, I voice my opinion way more often than IRL and usually put thought before I say something. On AIM I'm more direct and a little crazier (SPOON!!!). In school, I'm one quiet SOB. At work, I'm a workaholic. If I need to get something done, I may say a work or two to you but otherwise, stay the heck out of my way. The only place where I'm similar to how I act on OB is when I'm just hanging out with friends. So yeah... "All the world is a stage." is how the saying goes and we play our roles to the "audience".