OtakuBoards

Zelda gaiden

MysticBabe

What is this game? I've heard something about it. its like ura zleda in a way. it was supposed to be for the 64DD, but since that didn't work they went straight to gamecube with it. now its supposed to be another add on of OOT but seperate from ura zelda. I'm confused. help?

[color=indigo]Yes, Zelda Gaiden was originally planned for the 64DD, but it's not an add-on to OOT like Ura Zelda, and it wasn't moved the GCN. Zelda Gaiden was the original code name for Majora's Mask. When the 64DD flopped, they decided to just make it on the main system.[/color]

• 5 weeks later...
[color=indigo]You get Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest (that's apparently what they're calling Ura Zelda now that it's actually being released) on the bonus disc, not Majora's Mask.

The pre-order bonus isn't exclusive to just Electronics Boutique, either. You should be able to get the bonus disc no matter where you pre-order the game, it's just that Electronics Boutique and GameStop are the only places (that I know of) taking pre-orders right now. The official pre-orders start in February, which is when other places will start taking pre-orders, and also when we should be able to get the bonus disc.[/color]

really? I didn't know that. I always get the wrong info, like Mario Sunshine being released on the 27th, not the 26th.....oh well. So, let me see if I have this right: Ura Zelda is gonna have different dungeons, and a few new enemies, correct? Ok, now, if you pre-order the game, do you (hopefully)get the disk free, or do you have to pay for it?

[color=indigo]Ura Zelda does have slightly re-designed dungeons, but I think the rooms are layed out in the same basic way as the normal OOT. I don't know about new enemies, but there could be. I've heard there are going to be more enemies in the dungeons, though, which is good.

The bonus disc is free, although online places might charge to a bit extra for shipping it to you.[/color]

[color=indigo]Possibly...or they might give it to you when you go to reserve a copy in February. I don't think anything has been said about when the disc is being released. In Japan, they got it when they reserved the game, though, not when they went to pick it up, I'm pretty sure.

And Zelda Gaiden isn't on the bonus disc. It's Ura Zelda that's on the bonus disc, along with OOT.[/color]