Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
The head of our county's schools is OFFICIALLY the biggest moron in the country. Since we had 2 snow days and a day off yesterday, we have to go to school on Dec. 23,24 & 25. Yeah, on CHRISTMAS. He says that, "Kids have no need to be getting small, insignificant presents, when all they really want is the greatest gift of them all- education." or something like that.
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
Don't worry, he'll just get lynched by over-angered parents:D

Seriously, that's sad. How can somebody be [i]that[/i] much an *******?
Posted
What a bum. Thats a vacation a day to get away from it all.Itz not the students fault that their was SNOW! I would tell your parents to phone them.But your not really going to go are you?
Posted
wow that sux! Well at least there wont be many kids in that day, I doubt teachers will make you do much work...


---
[spoiler]JOIN THE NWO!!!![/SPOILER]
Posted
Err... That's not right. What a bloody fool. It's the Christmas holidays. Can't you complain to anyone of authority, or start a protest or something...
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]Here's a hint. Don't show up for school on Dec. 25. o_o
You're not supposed to be going anyway. Besides, it's a family holiday, and you all deserve to be there for it. I betcha alot of people won't be coming anyway. I mean... it's Christmas!! ^^;

They can't possibly make you stay in school for the holiday.[/color] [/size]
Guest cloricus
Posted
Lol I'd like to see how many teachers even bother to show up.
Teachers value their holidays more than students if you can believe it.
Dude I don't think any parents would let their kids turn up and I think you should just arrange with your whole school not to turn up and if you get in trouble all just say it was in protest.
Posted
Yea, Im with everyone else, not only is this guy a fool, but hes mean.

I say not only do you not go to school, but you should also get as many kids as possible to not go to school as well. Then, all sorts of stuff could happen, but the most likely would be a review of this guys decisions by a superior board and then its all down hill for him.

I say, no one goes to school that day, and you should try to spread the word like its nazi resistance time!!!!

viva la resistance!
Posted
Grrrr...Hes a loser. I wanna take my rage out on him!!! I'm not going to wish him a Merry Christmas this year...Even though I have never before..

You do that Clowmet, take out that rage...
Posted
I have my skepticisms about this. Perhaps you were mistaken?

If not, it's against the Bill of Rights to suspend everyone who signs a petition. Do it anyway.

-Justin
Posted
Burn him at the cross! Then throw him into a hole and, erm, burn him again! Then make a machine that can reburn things and burn him! Joke from penny arcade :p . But try it anyways, hehe.
Posted
can you say..he's a *****?

dont go to school.. and it's on the bill of rights, 1st ammendment, "Freedom to Assembly and Petition". They can't suspend you.. Someone mightve already said that.. I havent read the whole thread ^^'
Guest cloricus
Posted
Dude they suspend half the school for signing a petition parents get in on it. You get in trouble from the school yeah, but once your parents are in on it the school "will" back down. I know that situation?

Or as I said the whole school could come down with a freak sickness on Christmas day and chuck a sickie.

Or just talk to your parents and if they say you don?t have to go and the next day after Christmas when you go to school and they asked where you were just say that your parents believed that Christmas day was more important that school, if they have any problems to talk to your parents.
Don?t say it in a rude way or any thing just say it like you?re stating a fact and if they do take it up with your parents your parents will support you and stand by their discission.
Posted
This is very peculiar. :drunk:

Usually, school boards subtract days from Easter break or extend the fourth semester to make up for snow days. Supposedly, the tentative school calendar factors in snow days. If none are used, you'll find that the school year will end a few days early in whatever month you are dismissed for summer break.

I realize that students, like yourself, are angry over going to school over Christmas, but imagine how the teachers feel. The district is going to have one hell of a time getting staff to work on December 25th.

Heh, if your county truly goes forward with this bizarre plan, it will be a disaster. When staff and students alike don't show up, (many have probably scheduled vacations in advance) it's not much of a make-up day, lol.
Guest cloricus
Posted
I like the Australian system. (Or at least the Queensland one.)
We have a 2-month break at the end of the year with Christmas in the middle. Then for Easter we have about a week and a half. Then for the end of third term another two weeks. Then back to the Christmas break.
All terms are about 7 to 10 (And for the Olympics 11) weeks long.
The timing is great because every one only really gets tired of school in the last week and a half of the terms, and the teachers get bored to so we normally finish the terms with fun stuff.
If a day is missed it's missed, you don't have to make it up.

Oh and by the way I?m in a privet school so add an extra week to all of those holidays and also it?s a boarding school to so add another three days. (In the school week, don?t add them to weekend?s? lol.)

So yeah, [color=white]and from what I've heard about American school I can say that ours are better overall.[/color]
Posted
Geez, that's crazy! Who the hell would do that! There's NO WAY anyone would make you do that!!! Yes, I understand taking away Spring Break for all of the Snow days and stuff, but CHRISTMAS?!? What, is this guy high or something?!? Maybe you misheard...There's just NO WAY that they'd do that......
Posted
The head of your county schools is officaly pronounced a [b]frickin' MORON!!![/b] :mad: I would totally start a petition.
[quote] have my skepticisms about this. Perhaps you were mistaken, If not, it's against the Bill of Rights to suspend everyone who signs a petition. Do it anyway.[/quote]

right it is against the Bill of Rights because American citizens have "the right to free petition" as well as freedom of speech, assembly, religion, and press.
maybe you could get an armed revolution going O_o
just kidding, but seriously, taking away your [b]CHRISTMAS[/b] vacation is messed up. :angry2: :cussing: Christmas, even if you're not Christian is a day to be with your family and mutilate wrapping paper!


btw, what is that dude smoking?:laugh:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by clowmet [/i]
[B]I tried to start a petition, but the vice principal said he would suspend everybody who signs it. [/B][/QUOTE] Well do it. Then you'll get those days off anyway. ;) .....but then you have you're parents to deal with.

That's gotta suck. I'm sorry man.

Maybe you should send a virus to his home computer that'll blow it up and burn his house down.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...