i've got kinda a problem
there is this girl on the net that i really get on with
we like/hate the same things and get on really well
but the thing is she lives so far away :( and
shes 2 years older than me
we've been arranging to meet up next year, which i guess is gud, but
now shes talking about goin on holiday together:eek:
how can i tel her i'm not ready to go on holiday together

O.K, you haven't met her face to face and she talking about the 2 of you going on a holiday together. To me that's coming off a little wierd (or desperate). Why don't you just let her know that you would like to meet her first and see what happens. Don't rush into anything. People (not all) can say whatever they want over the internet.

Well it's good that you guys get along, but if you are not sure yet that you are ready to meet maybe it's best just to continue getting to know each other better. Of course I don't know how long you have been talking to her for, so I can't really judge by that. It seems like your not really sure for yourself whether or not meeting up is the best thing to do right now, so just tell her the truth. That you would feel more comfortable meeting her first, than maybe in the near/far future you can decide about the holiday together when the situation is less complicated.

Besides maybe when you meet first your thoughts will change. Good luck with your decision.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by neoakira70 [/i]
[B]hey people

i've got kinda a problem
there is this girl on the net that i really get on with
we like/hate the same things and get on really well
but the thing is she lives so far away :( and
shes 2 years older than me
we've been arranging to meet up next year, which i guess is gud, but
now shes talking about goin on holiday together:eek:
how can i tel her i'm not ready to go on holiday together [/B][/QUOTE]

You could "accidentally" give her a link to this thread.. heh

but seriously.. [i]don't[/i] do what I just suggested..

umm... what is "holiday" exactly? our definition is like a national or religious day when there is no work or school or such and families get together for dinner or something,... like christmas or thanksgiving. it looks like you are talking about what we call vacation, which is like an american holiday but its not national or religious and mostly doesnt involve big family gatherings.

i have never been too keen on the idea of meeting an online personality. you never know who it could be and you might be really disapponted when you find out.

The best way to tell her is to be honest with her and up front about your feelings. Don't dance around the issue, it'll only cause confusion and trouble.

Meeting someone like that is a big step. Judging from your post, the two of you don't have a realistic chance of starting a real relationship. I mean, she lives far away, and you're fairly young to be juggling a long distance relationship.

The most glaring aspect I've noticed is that you've yet to even meet one another in person. Before you two ever commit to spending a holiday together, I feel that it would be wise to see if you even enjoy spending time together in person.

Just think about it. Rarely do two people agree to spend a holiday together after one date, lol.

[color=red] Well said, CWB. There's also the fact that you don't even know if she's really who she's put forth. She could be a completly different person, even a total liar.

I'd also take that into account when you think of meeting her possibly.[/color]

Well from your profile it says that you're 16. So that must mean she's 18. Does she know how old you are? I think that's the first step you should think about all together.

But anyway it's not really a good idea, wouldn't it be better if you knew her in person more?

meet her. If good looking, say you would be happy to go holidaying with her. In romantic locations. ;)

I'm joking. Try actually meeting her first. **cough**(That way u can tell if she is ugly)**cough** I mean, see if she is who she says she is. ;) :D

[color=deeppink] [size=1]I've met a person from online once. ^_^;
It scared the hell out of me. o_o;;

A person tapped my shoulder that was about five inches taller than me, and said, "Hi Juu,". I nearly died after a person suddenly coming up to me, knowing my name. @_@; Meeting someone you like off the internet would prolly be a little more terrifying to me than metting a friend. Besides, I'm kinda upset with what happened to my last relationship icl as it is...[/color] [/size]

[color=blue][size=1]Heh, when I signed up to OB, I wasn't going to tell you guys anything about me, but now most of you know my full name, where I live, and a couple of people know what school I go to...heh...

Wait, that wasn't the point of my post...

To put it bluntly, this girl seems desperate. I can understand you guys wanting to meet, and that's perfectly fine. There's a few people here I'd love to meet. But she's talking about going on a holiday with you, and that seems a bit strange. For all she knows, you could be an axe murderer (I know you probably aren't, but it backs up my point ^_~).

All I'm going to say (despite having rambled on for a while already) is, be careful. A lot of people have bad experiences meeting people they know online.[/size][/color]

[color=darkblue]
They were just trying to give you advice, and probably the best there is. Unless someone I knew online for a long period of time (years) came to my school or my doorstep, I probably wouldn't go out of my way to meet them. Also, if you [i]really[/i] want to meet this person, go for it, it's your choice, but get to know them before you go on a [b]holiday[/b] with them.
[/color]

[size=1][color=silver][font=century gothic]

Yes. Don't rush. For all you know this person that wanted to have a holiday with you could be a fat old man thats 54 and sits around drinking beer in front of the television in his underwear all day. [/size][/color][/font]