Guest Musahi Posted December 22, 2002 Posted December 22, 2002 I just read the first issue and it is great. It has the [b]real[/b] Yu-Gi-Oh which is great. Some DBZ. Another manga by A.T. called Sand Land. Which is pretty weird. Yu Yu Hakusho, another great. ^ ^ And my favorite one so far, One Peice. It's a great story about a kid named Luffy who wants to be a pirate. You should check it out...
Kent Posted December 22, 2002 Posted December 22, 2002 I wouldnt mind getting my hands on shonen jump. I know it also prints fist of the north star. Or atleast thats where fons first appeared. I would like to get it mostly to see anime that I dont know about. Stuff that doesnt show up anywhere else. So I guess its reall a question of how can you get it by this point.
Syn Posted December 23, 2002 Posted December 23, 2002 Hmm, sounds cool, wouldnt mind getting it myself.
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo Posted December 23, 2002 Posted December 23, 2002 I'm rather pleased that Shonen Jump is finally available for the US Fans to read, it's a great manga source and should be a great way for US fans to broaden their anime horizens.
Genkai Posted December 23, 2002 Posted December 23, 2002 It came w/ a free YGO card too, and will come with more freebies.. You all just WAIT tiull naruto. It's SO good. like, AWESOME... Just as good as One piece, if not better!!! Shaman King is coming up too. next issue is 300 pages!! WOOHOO SHONEN JUMP!!!
SaiyanPrincessX Posted December 23, 2002 Posted December 23, 2002 I'll be getting it soon. I subscribed.:D Need.. Anime...
Deedlit Posted December 23, 2002 Posted December 23, 2002 [color=009966]Yes, I read Shonen Jump. I really liked it! ^^ I wouldn't mind reading the next issue. ^_^[/color]
Syk3 Posted December 24, 2002 Posted December 24, 2002 Hmm, what exactly is Shonen Jump, if you don't mind me asking? A manga magazine of some sort? I've always wanted to read more manga. ^_^
Guest Imsirion Posted December 24, 2002 Posted December 24, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SaiyanPrincessX [/i] [B]I'll be getting it soon. I subscribed.:D Need.. Anime... [/B][/QUOTE] Same here..... wait.... killing me..... Syk3, its a telephone-book-thick , uh book (or mag I guess) that runs many diffrent manga in it. It has DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, Sandland,Naruto,Yu-Gi-Oh,Shaman King and One Piece. Oh yeah, theres other publications like it, like Rajin Comics which has Bomber Girl, Grappler Baki and others I cant think of right now.
Guest Musahi Posted December 24, 2002 Posted December 24, 2002 Um, I have Shonen Jump and WTF is Naruto, same goes for Shaman King? I already listed what it had in it. So, just what are you talking about?
Guest Imsirion Posted December 24, 2002 Posted December 24, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cyko [/i] [B]Um, I have Shonen Jump and WTF is Naruto, same goes for Shaman King? I already listed what it had in it. So, just what are you talking about? [/B][/QUOTE] Their supposed to start in the second issue.
Genkai Posted December 25, 2002 Posted December 25, 2002 I got my second issue!! WHEEEEE! Naruto is in the 2nd issue, and it is a martial arts manga.. get the 2nd issue, youll figure it out.. Shaman king comes in the next issue, it's about this kid (i dunno much about it, so im not sure if its a girl or boy ^^') who can see ghosts and stuff, and can be posessed my them, i think... there's some sort of explanation on Shaman King at yugiohdungeon.com... under shonen jump..
Yu Yu Hakusho! Posted December 26, 2002 Posted December 26, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cyko [/i] [B]I just read the first issue and it is great. It has the [b]real[/b] Yu-Gi-Oh which is great. Some DBZ. Another manga by A.T. called Sand Land. Which is pretty weird. Yu Yu Hakusho, another great. ^ ^ And my favorite one so far, One Peice. It's a great story about a kid named Luffy who wants to be a pirate. You should check it out... [/B][/QUOTE] OMG!!! Where do you find the Shonen Jump??? I've looked buy I can't find it!!! I specifically want Yu Yu Hakusho and Inuyasha. Please tell me where I can find them!!!
spike speigel Posted December 27, 2002 Posted December 27, 2002 I got a subscription finally. *Dances for Joy* It's really goof so far. I can't wait 'till Naruto comes out. It looks like a really good manga. And Shaman King looks decient, but looks can be decieving.(One Piece proved that. When I heard about it, I thought it would suck, but it was great.) I can't wait 'till the next issue comes.
Yu Yu Hakusho! Posted December 27, 2002 Posted December 27, 2002 But where or HOW did you find it?!?!?!?!?!?!? I need to know!!! *cries* I.....need.....manga......anime......now....
spike speigel Posted December 27, 2002 Posted December 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yu Yu Hakusho! [/i] [B]But where or HOW did you find it?!?!?!?!?!?!? I need to know!!! [/B][/QUOTE] I found the first issue at my local comic shop. You could probably find it at a comic store, a magazine stand; basically anywhere that sells magazines or anime.
Yu Yu Hakusho! Posted January 2, 2003 Posted January 2, 2003 Ok...I'll have to go look. Thanks! I'm pissed that I couldn't win the contest....0_o but I didn't even have issue #0 at the time anyway.....but I finally got it. I found it a Barnes and Noble, it was the last issue they had there. I, of course, like Yu Yu Hakusho the most, I keep on reading it over and over again. It's great. I wish I could win the Yusuke drawing from Mr. Togashi though!!! It's not fair!!!! But I think that One Piece is kind of stupid. I don't like it. I never was fond of pirates anyway. I mean, it's ok, but I still don't like it. Go to [url]www.shonenjump.com[/url] to suscribe. Yall should really suscribe, it's great. Now, what about Shojo???? [size=1][color=teal]Please, do [i]not[/i] double post. Refresh your memory on [url=http://www.theOtaku.com/rules.shtml]the rules[/url]. Thanks. -Syk3[/size][/color]
Ben Holiday Posted January 2, 2003 Posted January 2, 2003 Just wondering how many issues a year? How often do they switch out or introduce new series?
Yu Yu Hakusho! Posted January 2, 2003 Posted January 2, 2003 One issue each month, 12 in one year. The series that are out now are: Yu Yu Hakusho Yu-Gi-Oh! Dragonball Z Sand Land One Piece They are introducing Naruto and another new manga in the next issue in February. What they SHOULD put in is Inuyasha. I know that would do well here in the US. They really don't say how often they're going to introduce a new series, they kind of just do. It all depends on how they do it in Japan since the US Shonen Jump is basically an English/American version of the Monthly Shonen Jump. I wish they had Weekly Jump here though!!!! Go to [url]www.shonenjump.com[/url] for more info.
Arkadyz Posted January 8, 2003 Posted January 8, 2003 Yeah Shonen Jump is truely a blessing...Close to 300 pages of manga goodness for less then 5$...What a deal. Damn near fell off my chair first time i read about it coming here in animerica...Snapped up the first one that got off the truck where i work(barnes and noble) And was pleasently suprised. I loved one piece, The real Non-dumbed down yu-gi-oh was great, DBZ is always a joy. Yu-yu had some stranger drawing but i became accustomed to it and sandland shows promise. Many thanks go to viz for this wondeful thing they have done :love:
Xra Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 Shonen Jump is about one of the greatest things from Japan that has hit our shores. As soon as I got #0, I went beserk! Finally what I was searching for slapped me right in the face. Every Manga was awsome in their own, "special" way. When I got #1 and #2, I noticed they were sorta perverted, but really who cares? When #3 comes out, I'm sure it'll be better than the rest. The only question I got is what other mangas that started the best animes will appear in the futures? :demon: I NEED TO KNOW! :demon:
vegeta rocker Posted January 15, 2003 Posted January 15, 2003 hmmmm i think the best little manga in there is Naruto. I just love the little guy. The story is excellent and surprised me which is always a good thing.
Genkai Posted January 16, 2003 Posted January 16, 2003 DEFINETLY NARUTO!!!! That is, in the american Jump. Hikaru no Go is by far my favorite manga. Anyone know when the 3rd issue comes out? I got my 2nd one delivered Xmas Eve, so it should be in about a week, no?
SaiyanPrincessX Posted January 20, 2003 Posted January 20, 2003 They never sent me my issues.:mad: So when I went up to Suncoast to buy a movie I bought the Feb issue.:D I love it! Naruto is the best!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now