OtakuBoards

Post Particulars...

Guest cloricus

Guest cloricus
[spoiler][color=#00ff00]Well since I've been here I've noticed that a lot of people colour their text.
Take for example my new thing.
Now I used to use teal whenever I could but it's a real bugger putting on each post and then ending it.
Its not that hard when you get used to it.
But think about all the people with and so on and so forth.
So I was thinking would it be possible on the profile page that has the sig thing to have a little window that you could enter the code above your post and end it below? (Add some thing like "Advanced users only.")
And on the reply page/new thread you could have a tick box that disables it in that post if you don't wish to use it in some cases.

I'm not too sure if this already exists but I haven't seen it and it would make colouring text a lot easier.
It shouldn?t be that hard to implement either.
Any one else think this is a good idea?
[/color][/spoiler]

[color=#507AAC]Well, we've actually had a suggestion like this before. Several times, in fact.

This is something that I tried to do with the boards during the update to v6. Unfortunately, I do not believe that a software update exists that allows for a "permanent" colouring on all posts.

So at the moment I have to say no to this idea. But I want to see it happen myself -- so we'll see how it goes. If the software is made available at some point in the future, you can be sure we'll add it.[/color]

Guest cloricus
[spoiler][color=#00ff00]Um so you aren?t able to edit the code yourself?
Because it should be as easy as extending the same system that you now use for sigs?
I know it would be a lot of work, but it would be possible, no?

Cool then I look VERY forward to it happening some time in the future, back to notepad and copying and pasting...

:P

BTW.. What do you think of my text colouring???
Original for these boards hay :P
[/spoiler][/color]

[color=blue][size=1]James, I've been to a vBulletin board that had an option for 'permanent' colouring of posts. When you signed up to the board you chose the colour your posts would be. And you changed it by going into Change Profile, or Options or something. I thought that was pretty swishy. lol.[/size][/color]

[b][color=003399]Wargreymon, please try to add something useful to your post, lol.

I think a better idea would be a permanent vB tag option. That way every post you made would start and end with those tags.

However, disabling in Adventure Arena would probably be a good idea as some people add italics/bolding/center text to their posts.[/b][/color]

[size=1] [FONT=century gothic] [color=crimson] Yeah, I am a user who uses a font, color and size tag, and it does get tedious when you're typing in the code all the time, so IF this little hack could be implemented, then It would be great for me and others who do the same to thier posts. [/size] [/FONT] [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rain [/i]
[B][color=blue][size=1]James, I've been to a vBulletin board that had an option for 'permanent' colouring of posts. When you signed up to the board you chose the colour your posts would be. And you changed it by going into Change Profile, or Options or something. I thought that was pretty swishy. lol.[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Shes right. Ive been to boards where they had that also so....
If they can do colour, wouldnt it be able to do fonts? :therock:

[color=deeppink] [size=1]Yeah... it's a pretty nifty feature. ^^
There's this html VB board that discusses html, and they've been talking about how they want the feature [i]back[/i]...
Alot of peoples' fonts are really, really hard to read. ><
Especially those century gothic fonts... Maybe it's just my monitor though. ^^; *hides from sabre*[/size] [/color]

[quote]If they can do colour, wouldnt it be able to do fonts?[/quote]

[b][color=003399]That's why I thought of the "tag" idea, lol.

If the software had a kind of tags box in your profile where you could put it custom tags like spoiler/color/font/size etc. etc.[/b][/color]

Guest cloricus
[spoiler][color=#00ff00]I'd just like to note that if it wasn't a tag system (eg ) and you only got a certain set of thing to choose from I'd ask you not to bother. Also if html was allowed in it. :P
That problem with that is you would have to deny some tags. (eg ...)
It's in your hands. Muahahahahaha?

(Notes there?s no reason for this thread to be open any more except to tell about hacks. So no more "Oh this is a good idea", thank you. :P)
[/color][/spoiler]

Could you implement this as a very short "pre-signature"? If you could allow the vB parsing engine to convert {pre-sig + post + sig} at once (rather than what it does currently - parsing the post and signature separately), then it would work. The pre-signature would be the opening tags and the signature would start with the closing tags.
[quote][i]James[/i]
[b]If the code exists, we'll be able to put it in as soon as possible.[/b][/quote]
All code exists in the mind of the programmer; it is up to him to make it exist for others.

[color=#507AAC]That's all well and good, but it totally ignores our capabilities. It also ignores our current workload.

The programmer still has to work with what's possible. And it takes longer to produce a hack from scratch than if the hack already exists. So it's not [i]just[/i] a programming issue; it's also a question of using time efficiently.

And right now we are working on a lot of things that are far more important than hacks. It doesn't mean that these hacks won't come -- they probably will. But they won't come right [i]now[/i].[/color]

Guest cloricus
[spoiler][color=#00ff00][Quote]Because it should be as easy as extending the same system that you now use for sigs?[/quote]

MathGuy as you see I've already tried that. (Read up the page next time)
And I noted that it would take allot of time, eg reprogramming a whole part of the boards...
Also it would have to be -
[Colour-font + post + sig + /colour-/font]
Or a universal ender (/) in the code that would be inserted after each post.[/color][/spoiler]