Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
You do know that he doesn't really talk like that right? He's totally faking it. If you think you possibly hate this man as much as I do, Holla. Can ya'll feel me?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by APEMAN [/i]
[B]Can ya'll feel me? [/B][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]No, I can't "feel you." I don't know what in the world you are talking about.

Then again, I don't know who this "Ja Rule" is, either.

Oh, the hardships of being a newbie. :([/color][/font]
Posted
ja rule is so full of crap. most of the time, as you know, i respect another's art. in the case of mr. rule, this "art" is ridiculous. his "remixes" and "collaborations" are nothing more than him dubbing his voice onto another song. i recently accomplished a "ja rule hit song" using ja' s gruff, scratchy, and totally fake rap vocal technique. here is a clip of it. if you like it or whatever, i can e-mail it to you or something...(i dont know).

here is "ja rule" and vanessa carlton's new "hit"- 1000 miles. enjoy.

*edit-i can give you the whole track. not the clip that you obviously already have because you downloaded it.
this offer is directed to all.
Posted
dude wtf that wasnt even ja rule...and actually is music is quite good, also DMX doesnt talk like that either, and i dont hear you bitchin about him...
Posted
[COLOR=royalblue]Well, I don't like any rap singer. Or anything that comes close, like R&B. Though, it's just my opinion. I hate DMX, and Ja Rule I hate even more. Most rap music, all you can hear is the bleeps, and half of it you can't even make out what he's saying because he is so dang fast.

But I personally like hard rock, and stuff that contain an actual group. Though, I don't think any of you should get mad, it's just our own opinions. But I guess you can see now that I don't like them.[/color]
Posted
quote:tima-"that wasnt even ja rule"

thank you, captain obvious.

quote:treton_noir-"i recently accomplished a 'ja rule hit song'"
-"here is 'ja rule' and vanessa carlton"

( " " ) those things in the parentheses... those are quotation marks. in english, when not used for quoting, these are used to imply sarcasm toward the subject named inside them.


...and neither ja rule nor dark man x rap. they both just talk in a gruff voice. and poor nelly doesnt rap either. he kind of sings.
snoop dogg and clipse rap. nas raps. tu- pac rapped. ja rule and dmx dont rap.
Posted
JA Rule sucks. Period.

He is a brainless dimwit.

And I TOTALLY agree with you Queen Asuka, Rap is totally stupid and pointless and I have NO freaking idea what they're saying most of the time. I do catch in the "I'm gonna kill yo mama yo white trash" and rude stuff like that....and I can't beleive that rap ever got popular. A rap staion is what is popular round here. I was listeneing to it the other night and let's just say that it's not something parents would want their kids listening to. And that is my opinoin on the matter.
Posted
yea thats why its the biggest genre besides rock...and its not all 'im gonna **** you *****, then kill yo mama' kinda stuff...if your saying you hate rap then you are saying that you hate r&b too cause that stems from rap...and all i hear is that Ja Rule is point less and stupid...but i never have heard why..
Posted
Ja rule is a fake punk a** rapper i hate his music yo!!I cant stand the way he tries to sing and he thinks he is the best thats all b/s!!Thats why so much people hate him!All his songs sound alike and always about love and stuff and tha name of his label is murda inc.Now what tha fuc* is up with that!!And dmx does really talk like that its not a act!And rap is not dumb and pointless if it was i dont think it would be the #1 in music genre!Just because you cant realate to the music dont mean its dumb!!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ Gotenks ok [/i]
[B]Ja rule is a fake punk a** rapper i hate his music yo!!I cant stand the way he tries to sing and he thinks he is the best thats all b/s!!Thats why so much people hate him!All his songs sound alike and always about love and stuff and tha name of his label is murda inc.Now what tha fuc* is up with that!!And dmx does really talk like that its not a act!And rap is not dumb and pointless if it was i dont think it would be the #1 in music genre!Just because you cant realate to the music dont mean its dumb!! [/B][/QUOTE]



Thank you your the only who dosen't think rap sucks
now don't get me wrong dmx and ja rule sond like their voices have been put though blenders but nas he dose have songs where he is no cursing every three seconds and he worries more about his lyrics than the beats I don't hate rap because there are some artist out there worth listenig to like jay-z the dynasty that one of my favortie cd's becus everyone on the lable put somthing seriouse and close the their heart on the album so don't knock it till oyu tried everything.
Posted
yea....i dont see why you guys think that rap sucks ***...its awesome...i mean most of it is cussin but...theres some pretty good stuff out there..like all the tributes....are you saying those are all pointless and a waste of time too? i could say that Yu Yu Hakusho is stupid and pointless too...but its probably not...but thats the close-mindedness that you are showing towards rap cause you guys wont even give it a chance...so at least give it a chance before you say its dumb and pointless

and i mean who the hell cares about cussing anyways...everyone hears it most everyday anyways...not like its gonna have an effect on your mind unless your 12 years old and younger..
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tima [/i]
[B]yea....i dont see why you guys think that rap sucks ***...its awesome...i mean most of it is cussin but...theres some pretty good stuff out there..like all the tributes....are you saying those are all pointless and a waste of time too? i could say that Yu Yu Hakusho is stupid and pointless too...but its probably not...but thats the close-mindedness that you are showing towards rap cause you guys wont even give it a chance...so at least give it a chance before you say its dumb and pointless

and i mean who the hell cares about cussing anyways...everyone hears it most everyday anyways...not like its gonna have an effect on your mind unless your 12 years old and younger.. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well you know something? Everyone has their own opinoin, as you do. Some people think that rap sucks and others thinks it kicks ***. So don't fret over why "you guys think that rap sucks"
It's just their opinoin. ;)
Posted
i dont think rap "sucks". if you will refer to my previous post. i cited snoop, clipse, nas, and tu-pac. i really respect their work. thats the key word, "work". people like them and dr. dre, outkast, ludacris, pastor troy, etc. work and put effort into their music. thats why i respect them. i have no respect for ja rule.
Posted
Rap has just become too commercialized. DMX probably was in line to be something much bigger than he is, but he wound up becoming generic like everyone else. It seems like most simplify what they do in order for it to sell a little better.

In the meantime, acts that pioneered the genre (or at least really pushed it into it's current form) are falling to wayside and are just simply nearly forgotten. It doesn't seem like any current rappers have any respect or mention any influences they have gotten from those before them. That's probably the biggest way in which rap differs from most other currently popular music.

Of course, there are still the smaller groups and rappers that still have to fight to get anywhere... Which basically means they are still true to what rap should be in the first place (at least in my mind), which is more or less real world things these guys deal with. And of course they have to do it well in order to survive against all the other ones that somehow appeal to the general audience. I don't know how anyone could want to listen to a song about how many sluts, cars and gold chains some guy has.

I'm personally not into rap, and I don't really like sitting and listening to it either... But I do see why others could like it, and I recognize the hard work that some of people put into it. I respect it for that reason, my personal opinions of the sound don't count in terms of that. I do listen to things which sometimes have a hiphop sound to them, but that's about it.
Posted
Okay. [U][B]I[/B][/U] find rap pointless. I have nothing against the people who do like it. Neither do i like R&B/Hip hop.
I keep it with rock, some hard rock and some pop.

And I hate Ja Rule also >_>
Posted
[color=indigo][size=1]Well, I think rap sucks and I hate R&B, too. And it has nothing to do with the cussing because my favorite band cusses like you wouldn't believe.

I just hate it and I think it's stupid. That's my opinion. They make the stupidest videos and sing about the same things. And all the songs sound the same and there's hardly an variety. There, happy?[/color][/size]
Posted
And I totally agree with you Asuka. It's not just the words that bother me: the music just plain sucks.

And all you rap fans out there can't just get on my case just because I don't like rap. Deal with it. It's my opinoin.
Posted
Videos are something I'll never understand. I don't watch MTV very much, as they play little that interests me... But late at night this one local channel here becomes MTV2 and I wind up seeing a bunch of rap videos because I leave the TV on even when I'm not paying attention to it.

With some notable exceptions (I remember some good Wutang videos from years past, and some Eminem ones), it seems that nearly every rap video features the same things. It's generally the main guy rapping, and for some reason he is surrounded by a crowd of people while the camera circles everyone as if it was stuck on the ground. Everyone throws signs at it or makes weird faces, and all the girls just grind around on the rapper.

It's either that or he is around the pool of his mansion talking about the girls that are dancing all around him for no apparent reason and all his money and cars.

I really do not understand rap videos at all lol... Not that most music videos are anything special as it is, but quite a few of them are very well done (Prodigy, Aphex Twin, Marilyn Manson, NIN and Tool all come to mind).
Posted
I like rap's true form, and in the literary aspect of it. To me, the really good stuff has creative assonance and alliteration usage while still fueling the song's theme and keeping it flowing at a strong pace. I love the rhythmic qualities rap has. It's just sad that so many of the songs are.... crap.
Posted
I dont like the remake of bonnie and clyde that jay-z did i felt that it was horrible!!And that was a remake of the song that 2 pac made. pac and jay-z didn't get along so i dont know what makes him think he can use that song and f it up like he did!! I didn't like that at all!Does anyone fell the same way?? And nas is one of the illest rappers. Who ever talks Sh*t about him dont know anything about rap and should stay out of it.:)And i do agree there is alot of rap out there that is crap!!cash money for example i dont want to hear about what they driving or about there money and diamonds im broke i dont wanna hear that sh*t!!:therock:
Posted
Don't even get me started on the subject or rap. I'm a rocker, 'nuff said. And as for Ja rule, that man has no talent and should be kicked out of the music industry. Rap can be good and can have a point, but I'm sorry to say most artists recently think talking about their "hunnies" and cussing inscesently is more "mature". That is why I do not like, and probably never will like, any form of rap. As for Old School rap, it is okay but It's just not my taste in music. I respect all other opinions but this is my rant so thanks for dealing lol. :)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]I like rap's true form, and in the literary aspect of it. To me, the really good stuff has creative assonance and alliteration usage while still fueling the song's theme and keeping it flowing at a strong pace. I love the rhythmic qualities rap has. It's just sad that so many of the songs are.... crap. [/B][/QUOTE]
Yes, I agree. I hate that. Rap has changed SO much from the way it started back in the late 80's...but anyway. Yes, rap has good rythyms and beats but the way it is today....it SUCKS.
Posted
You guys are listening to main stream rap.Listen to tha underground rap scene.:) Nothing but true mc rhymes and beats holla at me if your intrested!Mainstream is turning into crap because they always talkin about money i hate that bull ish!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...