OtakuBoards

Manga Ideas

eleanor

[SIZE=1][B]First I just draw pictures of the charcters I'm going to put in the manga. First of all I think about the people, and what they would like to read. Then I just plop down, and think.

Afterwards, I start drawing. I dunno how good they are, but most of the people I know like them. Anyway, that's all I do. Sorry if that doesn't help you. I'm really bored right now.[/size][/b]

Well, normally it deends on what kind of manga you like, because you'll probably know most about construction of a mnga of that style.

If you like romance, try that, if you like action, try a samurai story or a modern story with a martial arts master or something..If you like coedy, try your hand at that.. Knumsayin?

Guest Hisui Kirei
well, i like to tyake accurances from real life and put that down on the paper...like the drama that i go through every day, i throw it on the paper and i feel better...
i have a feelin im gonna make my whole life story one day :bluesweat:

I have some ideas for a manga. My problem is that i can't put them in paper!!!
I have all the images in my mind, all the characters, the places, the movements, all!!, but when i take the pencil, i don't know where to start.....:mad:
Any ideas for that??:confused:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by anime_gurl [/i]
[B]I was trying to think of ideas for a new manga, since my other one was a dud.(I failed the crativity test for TaG two times in a row, yet I still got in) What do you guys do when thinking of ideas? And, suggestions are welcome! ^^ [/B][/QUOTE]
It seems to me that you like Invader ZIM. Why don't you try that??? ><

Well....you're a girl, right?
Most of us girls like romance and comedy with a bit of action.
Have you ever read the Yu Yu Hakusho manga?
Yoshihiro Togashi is a man, but he made his manga aimed to both boys and girls, I beleive. He did a wonderful job with the romance part!
Well....we all know that Shonen means boy, basically boy manga from Shonen Jump, although many of us girls read it.
Shojo is basically girl manga.
Shojo usually consists of mainly romance stories.
There are some kick azz girl manga out there with tons of action.

You should study Sailor Moon. That is a very good example of a Shojo manga. Girly stuff of course. Part comedy, part action, lot romance....that's why most guys don't watch SM. They just don't like it. It's not for them. Actually, the woman that made Sailor Moon is the wife of the creator of Yu Yu Hakusho!!!!!!!

Anyway....hope that helps, at least a little bit.
You just need to decide what types of Anime/Manga styles you like. If you like tons of action and a little comedy, go for it! After that, I (or anyone else) can help you with ideas for a storyline and characters and stuff like that, or you can decide on your own.
If you like girly type stuff, go for it.
It's all up to you. ;)

EDIT: You don't have to be a man to make a manga with a lot of action. The creator of Inuyasha is a woman!!!!!
And you also don't have to be a woman to make a manga/anime with romance in it. Look at Yu Yu Hakusho!!!

Hmmm... Manga... Are you doing a web comic, or how is it going to be published?

Just wondering, cuz I love webcomics, and would love to see anything that you may or may not produce.

In terms of creativity... Hmm. I'd have to say that you really need to sit down and write/brainstorm before you start to draw.

Sure, sitting down and drawing is a good way to come up with visuals for characters and such, but the visuals are only half the battle (maybe even less than half). You need to figure these things out first:

a.) Story line (even a very vague, skeletal structure to your story)
b.) Character personalities
c.) Locations (which are the hardest parts for me)
d.) Scope (Basically how long you want to drag this thing out for)

I have a very strong opinion that if the story/writing is horrid, the best art in the world would seem like ****.

I mean, take a look at MegaTokyo.com. I've loved them for just about forever, but ever since Largo stopped writing the script, Piro's been dragging *** with lame scripts and scenes that are drawn out for-****in-ever, and it gets bogged down with late/off-schedule posts.

Well, the tardiness may not be due to the lack of writing, but you get the picture.

• 2 years later...
One of the ways I come up with a basic story idea is to flip to a random page in a dictionary and choose a word. I then write that word in the middle of a piece of notebook paper and after thinking about the meanings and connotations of the word are, just write whatever comes into your mind about the word for as long as you can. Generally this at least helps to steer me in the right direction. If a certain word isn't working for you, then look up another one. There are many words in any dictionary, and it's very unlikely that you'd get the same word twice.
After you have a story idea, the characters will probably basically create themselves, but for some people it is easier to create a story based around characters. If you're going to do that though, make sure to flesh out the character and know who they are before creating a story for them.

Guest bejita
You should think of where on this world you want to place it. A city, wherever, think of characters that fit in this world, draw the actual characters, base it on real life experiences if you can't think of anything...use your imagination.

Think of something interesting that people will want to read, something with a good reason for being. Something has to set the story.

• 3 years later...
I was thinking of creating a [U]psychological/shounen/supernatural/fantasy/sci-fi/martial-arts/ [/U]manga about a boy who is shunned by others and has mean grandparents. His mother is dead and his father was divorced a long time ago. Only one girl in his class actually cares about him. One day his entire class teases him but this upsets him to the point of recalling all the sorrow in his life. "You're annoying!" "Go away!" "Eww!!! Its []!" His head feels like it is about to burst and his dark side reveals itself to the others but not to the boy himself. The boy's dark side attacks everyone in class with supernatural abilities. He grows claws and fangs and can control lightning. Everyone is injured to the point of near death except one. The girl who had actually cared for the boy was about to be attacked when the boy's head hurts again and loses consciousness. *The girl is a childhood friend* *The boy will learn to fight later on and gain new abilities. He won't find out about is dark side until later on. As the story continues, his sadness grows and more alter egos appear(also not revealing thimselves to the boy himself but to othe alter egos). After about 3 alter egos appear (including the dark side) the boy finally seems to lighten up and stop hurting inside. This keeps growing and growing until eventually his alter egos disappear forever. This will be the end of the story. *The boy is in a martial arts club and already knew some fighting techniques. He is 14 year old at the beginning and around 18 in the end* You can use a similar plot! I posted something similar but shorter in onemanga forums! *Also, the boy should have a blind right eye where all his abilities are sealed in. It is activated after the awakening of his alter egos and he can use some of his abilities bit by bit as the story continues. This makes it more interesting*

[quote name='Lunox']I was trying to think of ideas for a new manga, since my other one was a dud.(I failed the crativity test for TaG two times in a row, yet I still got in) What do you guys do when thinking of ideas? And, suggestions are welcome! ^^[/quote]
I was thinking of creating a [U]psychological/shounen/supernatural/fantasy/sci-fi/martial-arts/comedy-like/ [/U]manga about a boy who is shunned by others and has mean grandparents. His mother is dead and his father was divorced a long time ago. Only one girl in his class actually cares about him. One day his entire class teases him but this upsets him to the point of recalling all the sorrow in his life. "You're annoying!" "Go away!" "Eww!!! Its []!" His head feels like it is about to burst and his dark side reveals itself to the others but not to the boy himself. The boy's dark side attacks everyone in class with supernatural abilities. He grows claws and fangs and can control lightning. Everyone is injured to the point of near death except one. The girl who had actually cared for the boy was about to be attacked when the boy's head hurts again and loses consciousness. *The girl is a childhood friend* *The boy will learn to fight later on and gain new abilities. He won't find out about is dark side until later on. As the story continues, his sadness grows and more alter egos appear(also not revealing thimselves to the boy himself but to othe alter egos). After about 3 alter egos appear (including the dark side) the boy finally seems to lighten up and stop hurting inside. This keeps growing and growing until eventually his alter egos disappear forever. This will be the end of the story. *The boy is in a martial arts club and already knew some fighting techniques. He is 14 year old at the beginning and around 18 in the end* You can use a similar plot! I posted something similar but shorter in onemanga forums! *Also, the boy should have a blind right eye where all his abilities are sealed in. It is activated after the awakening of his alter egos and he can use some of his abilities bit by bit as the story continues. This makes it more interesting*