OtakuBoards

dreamcast

vegeta rocker

[color=#507AAC]I happen to own a Dreamcast and believe that it is one of the most underrated systems on the planet.

But that's not the point.

The demand for such a forum doesn't exist. And now that SEGA is a third party, it is even more unlikely that Dreamcast discussions will occur.

We have never really had anyone attempting to discuss Dreamcast games...which means that a Dreamcast forum would be even less popular than an Xbox forum. I'm not going to put in an entire new forum just for one or two threads.[/color]

Well, if it's any consolation, most of the Dreamcast's biggest games have been ported over to one console or another at this point. Typically, there are little to no changes in the ports. [I]So[/I], it is still possible for you guys to discuss a lot of the games. We even have a Marvel vs. Capcom 2 thread going in Sony right now.

[color=#507AAC]That's a good point.

Believe me, I would like to have a Dreamcast/Saturn forum. I still own quite a few Saturn games...and some of them are true classics. I'd even love it if we had a place to trade JSR tags online.

But, once again...there just aren't enough people who'd be able to utilize that. There are a ton of forums I'd personally love to see, but at the moment we already probably have a few too many forums.

Still, you never know. One day in the future we might have enough of an active userbase to start thinking of putting these forums up.[/color]

[color=#507AAC]ShineGet.com has been scrapped, Juu. I didn't make a formal announcement on here because that site wasn't [i]directly[/i] related to theOtaku.com.

So I'm sorry about that, for those who were looking forward to it.

As for General Gaming...we did try a "classic gaming" forum but that failed. It failed due to lack of interest.

If you think about it, even our Nintendo and Sony forums aren't nearly as active as our biggest anime forums. OtakuBoards is still a site where about 70% of the audience is focused on anime and not gaming.

In terms of getting more gaming visitors here...you never know. Do you remember OtakuGamer? We were in development of that site over one year ago. And whilst the site never launched (due to lack of experienced staff), the idea is most definitely still there. Sites like Absolute Zelda are still archived and tucked away for use in the future.

I can't guarantee anything, but I can tell you that one day in the future, I would very much like to see a gaming-specific sister site to theOtaku.com. I don't know when or how, but it's in the minds of both myself and Adam. ^_^[/color]

Yes, that is true. But if you take the meaning of Otaku (A fan of an anime series), it shows that most people who come here would like to talk more about Anime than Video Games and such, as you said before. Eventhough that's somewhat stereotypical(sp?), that's what I get out of it.

But on the subject, I remember the good old Classic Gamer forum. That was a dream, but unfortunately hardly anyone posted :(, so it got scrapped.

By the way, if you need help with OtakuGamer, I'm always open to help. I just can't do much with graphics...

Anyway, if OtakuGamer ever does launch, maybe the gaming forums will pick up. Companies have been merging and destroying some consoles anyway.

I was under the impression that from your initial response, we arent allowed to even start threads about dreamcast....since there isnt a true place to start a thread like that, and IF the need arises, is there not a place to start the thread? Ide say obl but likely it wouldnt be allowed, but I dont know..just wonderin'

[color=#507AAC]If OtakuGamer does launch, it will be done right. In other words, a lot of time will be spent on it. I'm not going to go out there and produce some mediocre rip-off. Of course, that means that any potential development won't start for a while anyway.

As for Dreamcast...discussions of Dreamcast specific games are not allowed, in the same way that we wouldn't allow discussions about other things that are off topic (ie: old Atari machines or something). But as mentioned, with many Dreamcast franchises coming to other machines (Shenmue, Sonic etc), I don't think it's too much of a concern for anyone.[/color]