DeathKnight Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 [color=crimson]It was an average day in San Antonio- The sky was light blue, and a few clouds were in the sky. I sat outside my house patiently, waiting, listening to System of a Down on my CD player. 20 minutes or so of waiting later, I stood up and paced uneasily up my street, and then over the hill came Cyko on a silver bike.. We hung outside at first.. an uneasy conversation forming about various odd subjects, rangeing from my suicidal tendancies to Cyko's cool looking bike. Finally, I invited him inside, where I gave him a tour of Hell- My home, and then showed him the nervecenter of all my activities- The Death Computer. Unfortunately, Cyko had to go afterwards because he didnt want to get run over by cars on his way back. But before he left we took a picture to remember our first time hanging out, and this is it. Thusly, Cyko went home, scarred for life, and Ken returned to his normal habitual internet domain. Heh. We need to get more members meeting each other, eh?[/color]
Roxie Faye Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 [color=#9933ff]I agree Ken. If Kevin ever gets back to NYC(which, i cannt auruntee, altoughmy understanding is he's coming back to NYC one time more), I want to show up at his door unexpected and piss him off. XD I need to meet other peoples too, including Charles, Ed(non-OB member, don't worry people), Ginny, Josh, Juu, Ken, and ZeroG. Too bad more than half of those people live so far from meh. If you're ever visiting North Jersey where it's less than an hour into the city, tell me so I can at least attempt to meet you, and possibly scar you f- er.. ignore that last part. ^_^;;;[/color]
PiroMunkie Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 [size=1]Heh heh, silly picture. ^__^ Sounds like you two had fun. Though, I doubt I shall ever be able to meet anyone from here. o-O I live in the middle of nowhere (aka Omaha, Nebraska). The few people that [i]are[/i] from here I already know, and they do not post all that often. Perhaps the only one I care to mention is ZxFrOgGie13. Sure, the name is a bit n00bish and her typing skills are not that great, lol (no offense to you if you ever read this ;)), but she is cool enough. Probably cooler than me, but oh well. :p But hey, if anyone wants to meet me, feel free to come on by here, my door is... well... it is not open, but it is there. You just have to knock, ring the doorbell... or break it down if I do not reply to the first two. It is the sad life I live. o-O[/size]
Juu Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 [color=deeppink] [size=1]Hey kewl! ^_^ That's a funny pic. ^^ *throws a marshmellow at it* Anyway......... I met someone IRL from the OB too! ^^ ........! Celia!... My cousin...yeah. o.o' Celia: *smacks forehead* No sh-...yeah. o_o' She's over at my house now, and now I'm going over to hers... on a dark, scary muni for sixteen blocks... at 5:40pm. *curls up and hides*[/color] [/size]
Guest Musahi Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 [color=darkred]Yes, we did have lots of fun. I even got to meet his parents. ^ ^ They were nice. I didn't get to stay for long though. I left after like 30 minutes. It was getting dark and I had to cross a [b]very[/b] busy road to get home. I nearly died on the way there. o_O;; I might go over there on a weekend or something so we could actually do something. Oh, and Pikachu is the ruler of Ken's room.[/color]
Shy Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 [size=1]Some other forums actually organize special meetings like these, but seeing as how young the average member is it might be a bad idea. I'm happy that the two of you got to meet, this isn't the first OB reunion is it? -Shy[/size]
Schrat Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 wow, thats awsome that you two meet. Im guessing you live in the same area. Do you guys go to the same school?
Guest Musahi Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Schratn9 [/i] [B]wow, thats awsome that you two meet. Im guessing you live in the same area. Do you guys go to the same school? [/B][/QUOTE] [color=darkred]No, Ken is homeschooled. And a year older than me. And even if he wasn't we would go to different schools. :p One day we were talking and I gave him my address. Than he put it in the yahoo map and we realised we only lived 2.5 miles away from eachother. Blah. :O[/color]
amiboshi Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 That's really cool you guys met. ^-^ I wanna meet someone from the baords, because I've noticed a few people live in Florida, but I'd be too freaked out to give anyone my address. ^_^;;
Genkai Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 KEN'S ONLY A YEAR OLDER THAN YOU??*smacks forehead* Oh yeah, he's !#. I always think 17.. nomally 13 year olds arent as homicidal/suicidal as him... Man, WHERE MY PHILLY OTAKUS ATTTTTTT?
liamc2 Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 Wow, I guess it is a small world after all... miniLiam: *singing* It's a small world after all...uh ..something...something...*/singing* I wonder how many otaku memebers are that close and don't realise it? Huh, 20 days until school starts and us Toowoomba Otakuians are reuinited...someone should bring a camera...
Juu Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 [color=deeppink] [size=1]*raises hand* Me and Celia go to the same school! ^_^ I'm at her house right now, actually... We just found out we were cousins over Thanksgiving, which was [i]pretty[/i] freaky, since we already became best friends at the time. ^_^; I'm hoping I'd at least bump into Rico and Raiha. They live about... 15 minutes away! ^_^[/color] [/size]
Sara Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 [size=1]I live by...um...no one I really know. Heh. I think there are a couple people here from Milwaukee and Chicago, but those are both annoyingly far away. [Well, not really, but geez...who wants to go to Chicago? :p[/size]
RicoTranzrig Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 [COLOR=darkblue][color=darkblue]Well, Juu, you almost did...but we missed my friend's early phone call to go to the Metreon/Japan town. Another time though and I don't think I'll be out of control the first meeting.[/color][/COLOR]
Chaos Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i] [B][size=1]-Insert Piry's rant-[/size] [/B][/QUOTE] I'll come kick your door in one day, mmkay? ^_^;; And Ken...Damn you to Hell. Sitting on your front porch waiting for Cyko? ...I wish I had a front porch. --;;;
PiroMunkie Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Medra[/i] [B]-insert Neh's sentence-[/B][/QUOTE][size=1]Heh, you would have to find my house first. ^__^ Even my friends here have a hard enough time doing that, and I have lived in this house for several years now. So yes, when those damn Nazi Communists make a ground invasion on Omaha, all members of the resistance will be at my house, and my address will be posted all over (they will have a better chance finding it if they just wander around). ^__^[/size]
Celia Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 [color=0099FF] [size=1]Do you think I could come if you guys met? ^_^ (Rico/Raiha) I live about sixteen blocks from Juu's house, and sixteen blocks closer to Japantown, sooo... ^_^; By the way... you guys live in Union City, right? I think I remember seeing that thread of yours in Fremont.[/color] [/size]
TheShinje Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 [size=1] [font=century gothic] [color=crimson] I know Flash lives somewhere in my town o_O, s i Don't know, but we might bump into each other one day. It would be cool to actually know a member face 2 face ^_^ [/size] [/font] [/color]
Guest cloricus Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 [spoiler][color=#00ff00]Hmmm. Well The Toowoomba Otakuian Group still claims the largest group of Otaku members any where in the world. Currently having 15+ members at the one school alone, and growing, slowly, but it is. :D I'm still trying to get the Brisbane (Queensland, Australia) meet going so that any one within the area can drive to Toowoomba and have pizza! Oh yeah of course, get a group photo to. :P This should be in the pictures forums any way? [/color][/spoiler]
Juu Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 [color=deeppink] [size=1]I think this is more of a general discussion, Cloricus. Since the people are talking about people they've met/want to meet irl, instead of posting pics... If this was in the Picture Forum, this prolly would be major spamming. ^_^; I was kinda hoping I'd bump into one of you guys while I stopped by Austin to pick up a friend... Just maybe either one of you decided to go to the Airport in Austin... *tosses a marshmellow* I kinda wish I stopped by San Antonio like my mom and I first planned to. It woulda been fun. ^^ How close are you guys to the Riverwalk, anyway? (er... Ken and Cyko)[/color] [/size]
DeathKnight Posted January 9, 2003 Author Posted January 9, 2003 [color=crimson]30 minutes or so. A busride away really. Heh. Rivercenter mall is the coolest place to hang out with your friends, makeing fun of all the tourists and sh*t. Lol.[/color]
Rain Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 [color=blue][size=1]*sigh* The person on OB who lives closest to me is Duo Maxwell - and she lives about a two day drive away (that's if you don't stop to sleep ^_-) Apart from her, and Rae, the people I want to meet I have practically no chance of meeting. Don't mind my whining ^^ That's great you guys got to meet...and, uh, lovely pic, Ken ^_^[/size][/color]
Syk3 Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 Cool, you guys are lucky that you live so close to each other. >.< No one lives near me, but I go on some trips, so I'm hoping to visit people in either Florida or California. Not that that's a deffinite either; my parents probably won't choose to spend a vacation in a place near anyone anyway. Oh well, I kind of like just talking on the internet. As people who know me know, I'm totally different offline. Perhaps I should leave your impression of me as it is. o_O
Mitch Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 [color=red] Mmm. Well, I'd love to meet Charles aka Crazy White Boy. He's one of the best friends I've made on here. We also have lots in common, being fellow writers and all. Actually, I'd love to meet anyone...as long as they aren't uber scary, lol. But me meeting CWB is near-impossible. He lives in New Jersey, me in North Dakota -_- Ah, I wonder who lives closest to me? Probably no one, I mean, North Dakota's such a reclusive state...[/color]
Syk3 Posted January 9, 2003 Posted January 9, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch [/i] [B][color=red] Mmm. Well, I'd love to meet Charles aka Crazy White Boy. He's one of the best friends I've made on here. We also have lots in common, being fellow writers and all. Actually, I'd love to meet anyone...as long as they aren't uber scary, lol. But me meeting CWB is near-impossible. He lives in New Jersey, me in North Dakota -_- Ah, I wonder who lives closest to me? Probably no one, I mean, North Dakota's such a reclusive state...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] Yeah, there are plenty of people that I would love to meet. (anyone near southern Maryland? :-D) This makes me question, though, is this thread going to turn into something similar to the one about meeting people in real life? Just a thought, and it's only a few threads down.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now