LostProphet Posted January 13, 2003 Posted January 13, 2003 Who here likes Coldplay? I personally think they are true masters, and Rush of Blood to the Head is an awesome album. 'Clocks' is a really good song, and I highly reccomend it.
Juu Posted January 15, 2003 Posted January 15, 2003 [color=deeppink] [size=1]mm.. Coldplay isn't exactly one of my favorites. I have a song or two on one of my 'Now' CD's, and I've heard a few others on my cousins'. They're a little too slow for me. ^_^;[/color] [/size]
Jesus Chicken Posted January 15, 2003 Posted January 15, 2003 Coldplay are awesome. I own both their albums. It's really good ballady type stuff. A bit like some of Radiohead's slower songs. I just wish they would tour Australia...
treton_noir Posted January 15, 2003 Posted January 15, 2003 yeah. when coldplay debuted on the music scene, i almost didnt like them because they sounded so much like radiohead. it pissed me off that they could steal somebody's sound and sell it as their own. later, i realized that they dont sound the "same", just similar. so yeah, i like coldplay. dont let anna see this. she used to be nuts about coldplay.
vegeta rocker Posted January 15, 2003 Posted January 15, 2003 i like them a lot, they are one of the few slow bands i like. Trouble is just my song, man. I just hate when people compare them to travis, travis suck like majorly.
Red Posted January 15, 2003 Posted January 15, 2003 [b][color=003399]A Rush Of Blood To The Head is a great album, although I hardly find it 'slow'. The Scientist is slow, but others like Politik and Clocks are quite high tempo. I love ColdPlay because I just think they're a really consistant band with brilliant songs, plus they play excellently live. :)[/b][/color]
Bing Posted January 15, 2003 Posted January 15, 2003 [size=1][color=darkblue] Yeh, I like them, though they are a bit despressing. Yellow is such an amazing song, from the album Parachutes. I have that record. I sometimes confuse one or two of their songs with Travis, but after a good listen, I can tell the difference *hides under coat* Don't lecture me![/color][/size]
BigCajones Posted January 15, 2003 Posted January 15, 2003 One of the only good bands my dad actually likes. He's got their new album and listens to it constantly. I prefer some of the stuff from Cold Parachutes, but they're still an amazing band. He also likes Travis, but hey. :)
Bing Posted January 15, 2003 Posted January 15, 2003 [size=1][color=darkblue] Yeh, my dad listens to them, that's how I have their C.D. I thinks it's great, when a band manages to produce a sound, that impresses more than one group of people, especially when they break the generation barriers, i.e. father and son liking the same tunes. I have a lot of respect for Coldplay, and their sounds, although sometime a bit slow, are very good[/color][/size]
Jesus Chicken Posted January 16, 2003 Posted January 16, 2003 No, slow music fails to worry me either. I know my dad likes the song "Yellow" But everyone likes that song. I think both their albums are pretty equal as far as...quality goes? I think they're both great. I like their slower stuff, especially the scientist. (love that song)
Red Posted January 16, 2003 Posted January 16, 2003 [b][color=003399]I still haven't managed to get hold of Parachutes, so I've only got a few songs from it. The Scientist would have to be my favourite ColdPlay track, and it has an excellent video too. :)[/b][/color]
vegeta rocker Posted January 16, 2003 Posted January 16, 2003 hmmmmmmmmm for some reason i hate and will always hate yellow. i don't know why, i can't sit through the song all the way.
Subversive Posted March 7, 2003 Posted March 7, 2003 I've only heard it once and liked it. In My Place is soooo goood, Coldplay ownz!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now