OtakuBoards

New Skin

Mnemolth

Great work James. :D

However, I was wondering, if it wouldn't be too much trouble for you to keep the bright colored v6 skin as an option for those of us who may be overwhelmed by the dark color scheme and the animated buttons. At the moment, we've only got Industrial and this dark default skin avaliable.

Yeah, some brightness into our lives!

...Well, it is winter, though, so maybe this gloominess fits well, but PLEASE make a sunny-color themed skin to version 7! Thanks in advance!

PS. Despite it's gloomy color-theme, this enw skin is EXTREMELY COOL. (Though the twisting arrows make me little dizzy if I look at them...)

[color=#507AAC]I'm afraid that it's not possible for me to make the older skin available. The older skin had various bugs in it; which is why this replacement skin was produced.

But having said that, I do plan to produce at least one other "brighter" option in the future. Right now I can't decide whether it will be a part of v7 or a third skin for v6. If I make a third skin, it may mean that I won't produce v7 at all. It just depends how much time I have left.[/color]

Yeah, I talked to James and I got a shorter version of the above response. I like this skin, but I preferred the other (and was used to it). The whole monochrome idea this skin uses kind of throws me off, and I have a hard time distinguishing between new and old things. I'm sure I'll be fine in time heh.

[color=#507AAC]I will most likely update many of the post icons soon, to make them easier to understand. So there are some things that can be done to improve the "ease of use".

But other than that, I don't think anything major will be changed at this point. At least, not for a while.[/color]

[color=#507AAC]No, that shouldn't be happening. OtakuBoards is somehow very "sticky" when it comes to cookies. I don't know why exactly; but for some people this is an issue.

I recommend deleting your computer's cookies if you are having difficulties. You'll need to log in again, but you'll be able to start "fresh" and hopefully see all the graphics on the site.[/color]

[color=royal blue]The new post icons are making me diiiiiizzy....:worried: :worried: :worried:

This skin mostly matches the OB banner (which I :luv:!), but some of the colors still seem a bit off. And the overall theme seems overly...technical to me, if that makes sense.

*shrugs* I just visit here. Whatever skin's on's pretty much ok with me.
Auron: *sarcastic* So glad we have your approval.
Hush you![/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#507AAC]No, that shouldn't be happening. OtakuBoards is somehow very "sticky" when it comes to cookies. I don't know why exactly; but for some people this is an issue.

I recommend deleting your computer's cookies if you are having difficulties. You'll need to log in again, but you'll be able to start "fresh" and hopefully see all the graphics on the site.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Could it have anything to do with HTTP caching? Could you set the graphics cache limit to, say, two days, so that'd be the maximum someone'd have to wait for a new skin?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#507AAC]But having said that, I do plan to produce at least one other "brighter" option in the future. Right now I can't decide whether it will be a part of v7 or a third skin for v6. If I make a third skin, it may mean that I won't produce v7 at all. It just depends how much time I have left.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Well if we go to V7, Industrial Otaku, and this one will still be accesible right? I love this current skin.
(BTW, maybe we shall call this one somethin' besides "Version 6". Just a thought)