OtakuBoards

Who can say the "N" Word.

Seifer

[color=green]I think this is a big issue today in the state. Many of you who live in other countries may not completely understand the issue but Im sure most countries have some form of Racism.

The "N" Word I am talking about is none other than the one that the whites came up with for african american people. I do not know if its allowable to say the word on here or not so we will live it at the N word.

the whole thing I am talking about is I was watching talkback live one day and this was the topic. It was started over the outrage about J Lo saying it in her song.

They had 3 three african americans on the show, A preacher, comedian, and a Dr. they also had a talkshow host from here in birmingham named kevin miller.

they started by debating whether theres a difference between nigga and ****** (sorry im not trying to offend anyone) Most said there was a difference. Well. The preacher said whether it was or wasnt it was stil a word that should not have been used. I agree with him its a stupid word that I feel ashamed of my race for using it over and over again. The other two said it was okay for blacks to use it.

The Dr. then states we do not need to be worried about people using a word that no longer means the same thing that we need to be worried about the real racism thats going on in america. So Kevin miller asks him is it okay for white people to say it. He says no that only blacks have the right to say it and if a white person says it its definetly a racist remark instead of a remark meaning like brother.

The bad thing is, the Dr. says we need to worry about racism instead of stupid words like that and hes being racist saying one word can not be used by any other races. Then Kevin miller starts saying he is being racist. Well then they comedian starts calling kevi an Angry white boy. Kevin then says he is making racist remarks. Well the comedian said no that a minority can not be racist towards a majority because the whites have all the power.

How that keeps them from the ability to be racist towards the whites, I dont know.

Im not saying this to angry any body Im just saying that saying things like nigg-er, gay, faggot, and other stupid useless words is ridiculuss and that no one should say them regardless of who they are or what race they are. And any race can be racist to another race.

Also, To me its seems like their slapping all their civil rights leaders in the face like Martin Luther King Jr. and others that fought and died to earn their rights and end racism.

I am a white male who lives in Birmingham. I know alot of people here call black people the n - word and to me its embarrasing to me that my race would be like that. I admit I have used the word before and I have used gay too in the past. However I will no longer use these words EVER again. This that I have stated above uis a good example at why these words do nothing but tear our country apart.

Sorry I know this is lengthy but its a good issue I think needs to be heard. Once again, I am not trying to offend any one by using the N word or any other words. Im not biased on either side. I just want everyone to see that all this causes is destruction.[/color]

I NEVER use a racial terms or prejudice term (besides the word stupid) .... I never say fa-g, I hate that word (probably cause bisexual), I hate the N word, I hate the word gook, or any other term for Asian people... I hate all stupid prejudice terms. It just goes to show how ignorant people are,

However, it's only natural for people to insult things they think are different. They are afraid.... of what? Will the color in a black person's skin come out and eat you? Will the homosexuals release their "gay-ness" upon you and make you gay? Will all the asian men abuse you with their insanely small penises?.... it's all stupid... racism is stupid. Major Prejudists are stupid.... they fear the impossible.... America is one of the worst places in the world for this... Japan is accpeting of homosexuality alot more... however they have this thing about foreign people :p... but in Europe and Australia homosexuality and different races are treated very equal, as they should be.

Being white is not normal, just as being black or Asian isn't... being straight isn't normal, just as being gay or bi isn't... there is no normal in life... so why are people so affraid of things they think are abnormal? Makes no sense.... those people should wake up and realize we aren't living in the stone age where there was limited intelligence and understanding. This is 2001! What the hell is wrong here?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Seifer [/i]
[B][color=green]Did I say too much? Or did I just make myself look like an idiot?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

You wrote too much... people here don't like to read sometimes :p... to be truthful I just skimmed over it... heh... but you're like me... I ALWAYS write too much...

Your right Transtic. There are several people I know at school that always make fun of this boy cause he sounds "Gay" when he talks. And one boy use the N Word about 50 times a day. I look at them like, how are they so different. Just cause their skin is black or brown there a stupi $%@$@? It doesnt even make sense, its just makes the person saying ti look even dumber. I have not said anything to these people about it but the more and more I hear it I feel like just chewing them out. My grand parents can not styand blacks or jews. Why I ask them.......They dont know they just do. Its stupid. Yes I love my grand parents but I am embarassed to go out in public with them cause their constantly making racist remarks.

Alot of people used to use the word gay, not as in homosexual, but as in something stupid or dumb. I have used it to but realizing how stupid it is and how ignorant it makes you look I dont use that either even when Im not talking about a gay.

Ask anyone who says things like that whats the difference between them and you. Most poeple the only thing they can think of is That their black or asian or whatever.

I Suggest that everyone watch American History X. I think that was what changed my mind and made me realize how dumb and wasteful this whole thing is.

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by *GaLxY-GiRl* [/i]
[B][COLOR=purple]How come African Americans can call each other and themselves the N word....but get offended when someone of another race calls them it???[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

It's different, they (african americans...) use the "N-word" (sounds like I'm 13 again...) with an ending of "GGA" instead of "GGER" from what I understand, it represents a form of brotherhood...or something to that effect. so there most certainly is a difference between the two forms of the word, I guess it's all just a matter of interpretation...

and Seifer, I love that movie. it definitely has a lot of power behind it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Master O Beans [/i]
[B]

It's different, they (african americans...) use the "N-word" (sounds like I'm 13 again...) with an ending of "GGA" instead of "GGER" from what I understand, it represents a form of brotherhood...or something to that effect. so there most certainly is a difference between the two forms of the word, I guess it's all just a matter of interpretation...

and Seifer, I love that movie. it definitely has a lot of power behind it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes they say theres a difference but like I said its just to much the same and its just something that should not be said. You can see the trouble its already causing.

American history X was very sad. Im not too much of an emotional person but that movie was something. After I saw that I really started to think about the whole thing. That movie and MTV's flipped are good examples of the stupidty in racism and predjudice.

Guest Master O Beans
[B]

Yes they say theres a difference but like I said its just to much the same and its just something that should not be said. You can see the trouble its already causing.

American history X was very sad. Im not too much of an emotional person but that movie was something. After I saw that I really started to think about the whole thing. That movie and MTV's flipped are good examples of the stupidty in racism and predjudice. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, most definitely. Flipped is an awesome show, and I'm not talkin' awesome in the sense of being "cool" ... and I recomend AMERICAN HISTORY X TO EVERYONE! ...as long as you're older...it's not for everyone...
...wait a minute...I just recomended it for everyone...yet...bah, if you can see rated "R" movies...then check it out. :rolleyes:

I think it would be fine for a young teen to see, cause thats really when it all starts and they need to see it and what the reality behind their actions are like. Yeah, it does have some very bad things in it but life is no picknick, young teens need to see this, they need to see the harsh reality of life and how their actions can effect everyone around them. I would definetly show it to my kid when he reached 13.

Download the Tokyo Breakfast pilot episode; funniest thing ever. Buncha Asians calling each others "neegas", getting funky to hip hop, and it's just so hilarious. If you're easily offended you'll probably have a heart attack, but if you're sensible and easy going it should good for some laughs.

[B]Some how I just dont think that would be funny........ignorant and a stupid waste of time......but not funny.[/B][/QUOTE]

Do you have [i]any[/i] sense of humor? It's no wonder racism still exists, all you people are terrified of it.

Guest Master O Beans
[B]Some how I just dont think that would be funny........ignorant and a stupid waste of time......but not funny. [/B][/QUOTE]

I dunno, I usually tend to find that sort of stuff funny when I'm with my friends (bunch of whities from small town in michigan)..but when that sort of thing comes up and people of other ethnic groups are around that are being targeted in the humor...it sheds a whole new light on the subject....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zanza [/i]
[B]

Do you have [i]any[/i] sense of humor? It's no wonder racism still exists, all you people are terrified of it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry, maybe I dont. Im not afraid of it, I just dont find it funny to watch a bunch of asians call each other niggas.

[B]Sorry, maybe I dont. Im not afraid of it, I just dont find it funny to watch a bunch of asians call each other niggas. [/B][/QUOTE]

You haven't seen it yet. You don't know. Perhaps you'll find it to be one of the funniest things you've ever seen; it's done somewhat tastefully, might I add, not just total stupidity.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Master O Beans [/i]
[B]with an ending of "GGA" instead of "GGER" from what I understand, it represents a form of brotherhood...[/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=purple]I still believe there's a huge double standard though.......They (African Americans) still get pissed if you call them a "GGA." It's like they believe someone of a different race can't be a brother/brotha......or whatever. It has just really bothered me.....the double standard, that is......ever since I saw some poor kid get the living day lights beaten out of him for merely [i]asking[/i] why African Americans get offened by people of another race calling them the N word or "GGA."[/COLOR] :(

Your right Galaxy Girl thats the whole point Kevin Miller brought up adn thats when they started calling him angry white guy.......

I doupt I would like it zanza. Its fine if you want to watch it but I dont like things like that anymore. Its like when the [b]black[(sorry accedently wrote white the first time.) [/b]guy got on BET acting like a white person. Many whites where offended by that. Im pretty sure many asians and african americans are offended by the asian clip as well.

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by *GaLxY-GiRl* [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=purple]I still believe there's a huge double standard though.......They (African Americans) still get pissed if you call them a "GGA." It's like they believe someone of a different race can't be a brother/brotha......or whatever. It has just really bothered me.....the double standard, that is......ever since I saw some poor kid get the living day lights beaten out of him for merely [i]asking[/i] why African Americans get offened by people of another race calling them the N word or "GGA."[/COLOR] :( [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, it's different for all people, and in no way do I believe (I know you weren't implying it either) that all African Americans would act that way when asked that particular question. Besides, I have used that term with a few AA's (short version...) and they didn't seem to mind, I think once you build a trust, and a friendship, they will undertand that you're trying to create a bond and not mock them. Although I see where you're coming from with the whole double standard thing.

[B]Im pretty sure many asians and african americans are offended by the asian clip as well. [/B][/QUOTE]

yes... ASIAN CLIP.... MADE BY ASIANS. Asians basically made fun of themselves in the clip... why? Because it was all in humor. Jolly good fun.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zanza [/i]
[B]

yes... ASIAN CLIP.... MADE BY ASIANS. Asians basically made fun of themselves in the clip... why? Because it was all in humor. Jolly good fun. [/B][/QUOTE]

Maybe it is. Guess Im just not the humorous type then.

uhhhh uhhhh....

People just shouldn't even use racial terms... whether or not it ends in GGA or GGER.... I don't don't go around calling other white guys Cracka or other Asians Gooka or soemthing... it's stupid... just call yourself brotha or something.... it doesn't help them racially to try to get that word not used... it only makes it worse... but overall, people... if you wanna insult someone, do it with wit.... don't use some third grade stupid insult that everyone uses. (ie f-ag and etc.) Insult someone intelligently.... if thats possble, but using stupid prejudice words is just plain moronic.... i lose all respect for those people that do.