Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=deeppink]To make this to the point, I'm looking for a good MP3 downloading program for Macintosh computers. My boyfriend recently got internet connected to his but since I use a PC, I'm completely illiterate when it comes to Macs. If anyone has good suggestions, please PM me. Thanks! :)[/color]
Posted
Tell him to take it back. Mac simply don't cut it. lol.

Search on [url]www.download.com[/url] UNDER the option of Macintosh (it's on the top right somewhere, default is windows I think) Search for like "p2p program" or "sharing program" or something to that nature.
Guest cloricus
Posted
I remember limewire version 0.01... hehehe... And I throw it out.
Apart from being able to network and fix them I haven't used a mac for over 3 years now. So I have no idea.
Posted
[font=gothic][color=crimson]Well, I'm using a Mac right now. So..

Anyway, yeah, Limewire is about the best you'll get. Unfortunately, that doesn't exactly mean a lot.

If you actually want a decent player too, the best Mac format MP3 player would definately be iTunes, by a long way.[/font][/color]
Guest cloricus
Posted
[color=teal]Lol... Sad Sad mac ppls. The best thing you can do is get Linux.
Flynn you have a pc, why you using a mac?

No one really makes progs for mac because no one uses it. It has the most stable fs and os but that's about it. Why bother.[/color]
Posted
[color=crimson][font=gothic]Simple.

When connecting to the internet...
Status: Dialing
Status: Verifying user name and password
Status: Logging on to network
Status: Disconnecting

Incessantly. And god damn iPrimus deserve to be shot.[/font][/color]
Guest cloricus
Posted
Yeah I know a few people have probs with iPrimus, but hay their a crap isp.
Posted
[quote]The main one on a Mac is Limewire.[/quote]

[b][color=003399]I don't know if it's LimeWire or something with an incredibly similar sounding name, but I've seen one of the Terms and Conditions of one of the program. It clearly states that by installing the program, you are allowing a Trojan horse (among other viruses) to be installed to your system. Pleasant, huh?

Anyway, I think you should follow Transtics advice, download.com have some great stuff, and you should surely be able to find something for the Mac :)[/b][/color]
Posted
[color=red]Macintosh. *shudder*

I heard of one on TechTV a looong time ago...it may have been Limewire, but I'm not sure. I'll look into it...

--Chris[/color]
Posted
Anywayyyyyyy...

Elite, as far as I know LimeWire doesn't do that. Tons of other ones install tons of crap on your PC even after saying no to all the options. Grokster and Kazaa for example.

LimeWire connects to Gnutella networks, which some people like. Using LimeWire about a two years ago wasn't a bad experience on my part. Considering they are at school, I'd assume they are up on some sort of network, meaning the typical problems 56k people complain about (slow, kicked a lot) are hardly as much of an issue. I had none of those problems when I used it.

If you read the comments for it at download.com, you'll find that most people using it on a Mac are total idiots and try to open it in programs that of course won't work. It's a .sit file, and so it has to be opened in StuffIt. Apparently, most of them can't figure that out. (If you install it and it freezes, just increase the virtual memory a bit).

There aren't many other Mac P2P programs. Acquisition (it's at download.com too) is supposedly very good, but I've only heard about it from one person. It connects to gnutella too, meaning that there should be a lot of results.

The only other one anyone has talked to me about is Myster. It runs on Java and apparently is decent. I don't know much more than that.
Posted
Ok im a mac owner, so the best program for dowloading MP3 files is defenetly iSwipe 1.2 from hillman minx software. go here to download it ====> [url]http://www.hillmanminx.com/[/url]
Now if you want over all files, is best if you use limewire or myster 5.0
Posted
[font=gothic][color=crimson]I've heard of the ones you suggested Semjaza, and they aren't anything special. As for people not knowing what a StuffIt file was...they just deserve to be shot.

Haven't heard of iSwipe though. May bother to check it out.[/font][/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...