Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR=003399]Hey, i know some of those bands!!! They randomly appear in TN's siggy's...

I guess the layout isn't bad... it would be better if the light blue-ish color faded at around the edges, insted of abruptly chaging to black... but it's still pretty neat ^_^ [/COLOR]
Posted
[size=1]I like it. The little black box around the sidebar links is...fun. *has been moving her mouse up and down the sidebar for several minutes*

The different fonts for the title of each group are pretty spiffy. I don't know what most of them sound like, but they seem to fit.[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B]
The different fonts for the title of each group are pretty spiffy. I don't know what most of them sound like, but they seem to fit.[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I never liked having every page being completely uniform, ya know? Mainly with a site like mine. So I added a bit of variety there.
Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Wow! ^_^
That's really, really kewl! I love those colors you chose, and that nifty little box around the links!

It looks kinda nice on 800x600... o.o;

10/10[/color] [/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Juuthena [/i]
[B]It looks kinda nice on 800x600... o.o;[/B][/QUOTE]

I looked at it, I guess it could've looked worse. But still, if you view it in 1024x768, I think it looks less sloppy.
Posted
It looks very well done Wrist Cutter, The individual styles for the bands stand out well, and sort of reflect the mood of the Bands (like the gothic black type for Malice Mizer)

I see that you have used Frames, I am just learning to use frames myself, I find them very useful as do you I would imagine.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by S@bretooth [/i]
[B]It looks very well done Wrist Cutter, The individual styles for the bands stand out well, and sort of reflect the mood of the Bands (like the gothic black type for Malice Mizer)

I see that you have used Frames, I am just learning to use frames myself, I find them very useful as do you I would imagine. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks, I usually tried to keep the band in mind while designing the title for them.

Personally, I love frames. I use them in all my layouts, because they're efficient and can make for some awesome layouts that just can't be done otherwise. Some people complain about them (for reasons unknown to me), but usually these people are the ones doing those tired "three column with banner on top" layouts. So I usually just stick with frame layouts.
Posted
Surface looks so cute! I just wanna hug them.... ohh err I have to listen to [i]Grace[/i] still... I'll do it now.

Is this Ken singing in this? hmmm this is not what i expected... I like the melody and everything, but the vocals... I don't want to start with another vocal hating thing. lol and the guitar melody kinda sounds like the theme to Trigun. ohhh guitar solo... I love Ken's solos. They are so uber delicious

I kind of find the MST3K section out of place lol. Thats about it though. Me like. Whats this, the 500th website? lol. You should really stick with one and work it baby!
Posted
[color=red] I love the dark colors. I love everything, it is a wonderful layout. Don't change a [i]thing[/i]. :Pats his enemy-turned-friendly on the back:[/color]
Posted
i am very impressed. looking at this site alone has given me the desire to learn about this music, especially Malice Mizer.

*goes to check out MM*
thank you for a new musical experience.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Is this Ken singing in this? hmmm this is not what i expected... I like the melody and everything, but the vocals... I don't want to start with another vocal hating thing.[/B][/QUOTE]

Ken's vocals do need some work ne... :\ But still, I just love the song... usually I'd be annoyed by bad vocals but I can overlook them here.

Thanks Mitch. We were enemies?

And treton_noir, I didn't really expect that, heh. What was it about MALICE MIZER that caught your attention?
Posted
im just really in the mood for some new tune-age. the way you described them in the bio makes them sound really appealing. im checking into some of the other ones, too. also, i find that when i listen to music that i dont normally hear, it influences my playing and writing and i end up with some weird sounding stuff. some good, some bad. i just like something different.
Posted
There seems to be something about MALICE MIZER that's really appealing to Americans... I dunno, it must be the look or something. And yet in Japan there are many people who have never heard of them...
Posted
what ive noticed is that a lot of J-bands (from what ive heard. im not saying all) have a really smooth vocalist. the vocal track sounds really dramatic and, well...(i dont know how else to say it) smooth. i really prefer more angry sounding stuff that parallel's my own emotions. a lot of the music seems fit for a more angsty growl-ish vocal part similar to wayne static or corey taylor (i sound so main-stream with my examples. its terrible.). also, there doesnt seem to be much variation in the voice.

yeah. we're only slightly off topic. lol
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by treton_noir [/i]
[B]what ive noticed is that a lot of J-bands (from what ive heard. im not saying all) have a really smooth vocalist. the vocal track sounds really dramatic and, well...(i dont know how else to say it) smooth.[/B][/QUOTE]

Well then I doubt any of the music featured on my page would appeal to you, because all the vocalists are pretty much like that...

I'm not saying all Japanese bands are like that though, don't get that idea.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...