OtakuBoards

*Gasp* A topic to stop the trend of depression ones

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Well anyway with half a brain -_- can pretty much tell that OtakuBoards has had a series of depression threads. However I come to you tonight to actually post some good news going on, and ironically it's coming from one of the more >.> depressed people around.

Anyway, a couple of months back I made a topic about two issues that were really bugging the heck out of me. My mother had some a very low iron count the type that could prove fatal. For months I tried to do something about it, my mother and I haven't had really any sort of relationship ever. Well after months and months of trying to resolve this issue, it apparently finally sunk in. She's begun eating properly again not missing meals and for the first time in my life I can actually say that, I've have a relationship a very good and close one with my mom now.

After this I feel like I can attempt to reconcile with almost anyone ^_^. So I'm rather happy about the mom situation I actually feel like I have a family for the most part now.

Another good piece of news is that the Anime Expo committee just contacted me the other day. ^_^ I'm going to get recongnized for my anime fandomness at this years Anime Expo. I briefly spoke to some members of OB and told them about this, but I will infact be at Anime Expo 2003 taking a rather active role in the convention.

Another great piece of news is that the pain in the -_- lower region known as Lisa is back with her hubby now and have reconcile. I still however don't understand >.> women's and men's logic when it comes to relationships, that greatly evades me still but, finally no more guilt trip from Lisa.

Another bit of news...which isn't really good or bad, though I really need some advice on this. As most of you know I work at a public access t.v. station called MNN because of the job I move back and forth a lot. Being my current status and situation which some I've told about....I really no longer need to work, there. I'm currently headed back to college to earn my computer science degree, and possibly persue a directing career. However I really need some advice should I quit my job or not?

Hopefully this thread shows that even the most depressed people can snap out of depression....so I hope this doesn't consitute as spam. >.>

As for my love life we'll save that for another time! >.>

[b][size=1]
Congratulations, Kevin ^_^
It was kinda weird though guessing the fandom thing though, lol[/b]
[quote][b]Rick Hunter:[/b] want to take another guess at that?
[b]AJeh:[/b] You've been officially recognised for your animania?
[b]AJeh:[/b] ^_^[/quote]And as for the job thing... there's nothing really I can say[/size]

[b][color=56646a]
Well, I'm glad you resolved those issues with Lisa and your mother. I remember the thread that you made.

It's really cool that you're finally going to be recognized for your extreme otakuness. At the Anime Expo at that!

I'm glad that things have started looking up for you Kevin :)

E D I T: As for the job, I don't know what you should do. If you need it to pay for college tuition, then definately.

I would also say, "keep it," until you know for sure that you're going to land a good job.
[/color][/b]

yay for the anti depressants Rick!

I'm glad that you have resolved your issues, I do remember you telling us about your moms low iron count, It's great to see that you're getting along now.

As for your recognition at the Anime Expo. That is great news! You are being rewarded for something that you're good at. And that, is an honour to anyone ^_^.

I say that you should stay with your job, for the time being anyway. I mean, college is pretty damn expensive and you'll need some way to pay it off, also to get text books, food, rent, etc. So you should probably stay with it until you get a better paying job.

And congrats, happy for you. It seems a lot of peoples lives around here are picking up a bit. For those people who know me, my decision has been made and I'm not going to move to Canberra with my parents. I'm going to move in with my sister and her husband until I graduate.

Well, good luck with college, hope you get good marks.

~TUN

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Actually the money issue for college really isn't a problem, I'm more then well off. It's more of the matter that if I quit my job right now..I would be giving up a position that I've been working my way up in for about four years. Also I'm not sure if it would look very loyal to my employers to do so.

Though I'm really not into this type of stuff it just pays well. I'd much rather work with computers or in film then spend the rest of my days as a tv station day manager *gags*.

[color=darkblue]You should definitely quit if in interferes with your education.

Also, there are a lot of opportunities for employment on campus. If you establish yourself by impressing your professors, they could recommend you for a position, or tell you about one, that you would actually enjoy & learn from at the same time. You seem like the type to delve deeply into your interests, even in your spare time, so you could ask the professors that you find interesting if they are working on anything you could help with. Every genius needs a mentor. :) At least you're not doing something you find tedious, & it could open a lot of doors for you. [/color]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Mhm...yes in a way it does interfer with my studies since right now...-_- I work all day long and it makes it rather difficult to fit in the classes I require at night. It would take double the time to finish. I have to be thankful though for my job, I traveled quite a bit and was able to take advantage of a lot of perks that came with it.

I'll certainly keep in mind what you also said Lady M. that could prove very useful later on. Thanks for the advice. :D

Well if it is interfering with your studies then you should probably quit. Especially if you work during the day and then have classes, it can be very tiring. Also you'd want to put in time for studying and sleeping. Last year in grade 10 I found it hard to get time for all that with extra-curricular activities, karate, etc. And that totally buggered me. And that is only High School, and this is college we're talking about here. So if you don't need the cash, I'd consider resigning.

~TUN

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Well I figured I should, follow this update through and keep you guys posted with what's going on. I just today handed in my letter of resignation, the higher ups took it pretty well. Apparently my co-workers are planning some big going away party for Friday which seems to be my last day of work.

O_o Afterwords things don't get much easier since it means I have to complete moving the rest of my junk from NYC. I have a feeling I might start selling off parts of my anime collection since that's really a lot of stuff to move.-__-