treton_noir Posted February 25, 2003 Posted February 25, 2003 i just got done with a dark chi banner for QA. c&c, i guess, so you can all tell me how sh*tty it is.
GinnyLyn Posted February 25, 2003 Posted February 25, 2003 DUDE! *points* [i]DUDE![/i] *points more* [i][b]DUDE![/b][/i] I love the image itself. I mean, this is an image you cropped to make a banner, right? Maybe a tiny bit of text, a little border, to make it look bannerish, but... Just don't overdo it. IMO, very little needs to be added to this to make it a goodlooking banner. DUDE! *loves the image*
treton_noir Posted February 25, 2003 Author Posted February 25, 2003 it does have a banner. its the same color as the moon. ...and i couldnt find a font or quote to do it justice, so i left it alone. look at in conjunction with the ava and a post of QA's and tell me how they look together, please.
Sere Tuscumbia Posted February 25, 2003 Posted February 25, 2003 *stares at it a while, then falls over* Pretty . . . Oo;; I'll now have to find a pretty quote to go with the pretty picture. However, I like the banner just like it is . . . oooo . . . so pretty. Where'd you find that picture?! So pretty . . . @_@ --Sere
Guest Jenni Posted February 25, 2003 Posted February 25, 2003 Kinda, bland. I don't like the whole curtain effect, but nice job on picking a focal point. Most people don't do that.
treton_noir Posted February 26, 2003 Author Posted February 26, 2003 here's the original. i think its actually a wall-paper.
Semjaza Posted February 26, 2003 Posted February 26, 2003 It is. And now it's my wallpaper heh. I think it looks fine as is, although personally I'd decrease the size of it by about 25%. I'm not into really big banners myself.
Sara Posted February 26, 2003 Posted February 26, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i] [B]It is. And now it's my wallpaper heh.[/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Got that right. ^_^ Incidently, I love the way it looks with Tori's posts. [/SIZE]
GinnyLyn Posted February 26, 2003 Posted February 26, 2003 OK, maybe I'm just totally under a rock here, but who is that chara?!? I see her all the time in Tori's stuff, yes, but...who is she? Dang, the full image is pretty. *saves it*
treton_noir Posted February 26, 2003 Author Posted February 26, 2003 "Incidently, I love the way it looks with Tori's posts."-Sara thanks that really makes me feel better. (sometimes, we add/change things in each other's sig without the "victim" knowing) i told her about it on the phone a couple hours ago and she was acting pissed because i changed her avatar (i made that one, too). "OK, maybe I'm just totally under a rock here, but who is that chara?!? I see her all the time in Tori's stuff, yes, but...who is she?"-GinnyLynny :) the character is actually 2 characters from CLAMP's "Chobits". the one you usually see (and who was in the last (pink) avatar) is Chi, the main character. the one in this stuff is Dark Chi. they look exactly the same, but DC always wears black. im really glad you guys like the stuff. i worked pretty hard on it.
Rhys Mayiessen Posted February 26, 2003 Posted February 26, 2003 [color=skyblue]That's such a cool banner...I love it! Though I always like banners that have some kind of image on it. The image to me makes it less plain.[/color]
PiroMunkie Posted February 26, 2003 Posted February 26, 2003 [color=indigo][size=1][morale]*dies*[/morale] Bleh, I was supposed to make a chibi banner for her (she dropped many hints), I just had the worst luck with finding [i]any[/i] pictures... Damn you and your ... whatever it was... I would probably shake an angry fist, but I do not think I can lift my hand that high right now... It looks nice. Though, it does not really take much effort to crop someone else work, slap a border on it, and call it a banner/avatar. Eh, but who am I to talk? It is obviously more than I was able to do... The composition could be better, too. I am such a failure. *drops head to desk as he posts this*[/color][/size]
silentdeath Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 that is a great picture! any banner made from it can't look bad! where did you find it?
treton_noir Posted February 27, 2003 Author Posted February 27, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i] [B][color=indigo][size=1][morale]*dies*[/morale] Bleh, I was supposed to make a chibi banner for her (she dropped many hints), I just had the worst luck with finding [i]any[/i] pictures... Damn you and your ... whatever it was... I would probably shake an angry fist, but I do not think I can lift my hand that high right now... It looks nice. Though, it does not really take much effort to crop someone else work, slap a border on it, and call it a banner/avatar. Eh, but who am I to talk? It is obviously more than I was able to do... The composition could be better, too. I am such a failure. *drops head to desk as he posts this*[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE] you know what? just forget i even posted it. ill go ahead and delete the thread if thats what you want. excuse me for making a f*cking effort.
Queen Asuka Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by treton_noir [/i] [B]the character is actually 2 characters from CLAMP's "Chobits". the one you usually see (and who was in the last (pink) avatar) is Chi, the main character. the one in this stuff is Dark Chi. they look exactly the same, but DC always wears black. [/B][/QUOTE] [color=hotpink][size=1]Alright, from what I gather, Dark Chii is really just Chii's consciousness as of now. She sort of leads Chii along and guides her and helps her unlock her past memories. She also tells her that she needs to find the "Someone just for her." It's really interesting. I can't wait to find out what happens in volume 4, but alas, I do not have it. *Crumbles and dies* Anywho, I LOVE the banner, but..*eats the ava*[/color][/size]
treton_noir Posted February 27, 2003 Author Posted February 27, 2003 sheesh *gets another ava he made* well, do you want another DC one, the old pink Chi one that you just had, or what? heres another DC.
Queen Asuka Posted February 28, 2003 Posted February 28, 2003 [color=hotpink][size=1]I LOVE this picture alot, but could you crop it more around her face so that it's centered more? Please don't kill me...*Runs and hides* ^_^[/color][/size]
treton_noir Posted February 28, 2003 Author Posted February 28, 2003 *begins killing Tori with a box of hostess cupcakes and a spatula* *stops* what? whats that? ...oh. you [I]didnt[/I] want me to kill you. *eats a cupcake* mmm... cupcake-ness. uh... you want one? *is slapped with spatula* ouch... [Tori]*steals cupcakes*[/Tori] hmm... heres the new and improved ava. (again)
Blade Posted February 28, 2003 Posted February 28, 2003 The curtain effect looks cool. The banner is kind of hypnotizing.. :) It's a great banner. What program do you use?? Regards Blade :naughty:
treton_noir Posted February 28, 2003 Author Posted February 28, 2003 that was made with paint shop pro 6. there are no special effects. its all part of the original picture. thanks for the compliment.
Naru Posted August 2, 2003 Posted August 2, 2003 i love that picture! its so pretty! ::saves picture:: lol. the banner looks very good! it just needs text. I really like the avi also! i give the whole set 10/10!
Kaola Su Posted August 2, 2003 Posted August 2, 2003 Oh so beautiful Treton! I really like the background also! Darn...*looks at wallpaper* I already have that one so no new wallpaper for me!!! ....hmmmm. Great job Treton! Love, Kaola
Arkadyz Posted August 2, 2003 Posted August 2, 2003 [color=silver][font=times new roman][b]Oh its nice to see a banner made of Freya(Errr I mean Dark Chii...)Its very nice and the avatar is pretty nice as well... Oh and I love the wallpaper it was made of ***Is contemplating using it*** [/color][/font][/b]
Sara Posted August 2, 2003 Posted August 2, 2003 [size=1]Naru, [i]please[/i] do not bring back old threads.[/size]
Recommended Posts