OtakuBoards

{Q} - Debating Forum?

Soulstone

I was just looking at the forums that are currently in play, and I realized there isn't any kind of 'serious' discussion forums about. I was just wondering if it is debatable or not to have on around? I like to have a good old rant now and then, as many would.

So, in short, could you add this forum to the Otaku boards for members who like to discuss there problems or the world around them?

[color=#808080]Everyone's pretty spot on. Otaku Lounge is a general discussion forum; it can be used for serious and non-serious discussions about almost anything.

If you want to hold a debate, I recommend holding it in there.[/color]

James? Heh, I'm DemonZ by the way, the same one who helped your templates when this site was down for its upgrade. I think I was on the technical staff, or something, I can't quite remember. Well, anyway, hello to you again.

Secondly, I will post my debates in that forum then, I appreciate the time and effort you have taken to help me along the way. Your kindness will not be forgotten so easily.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Soulstone [/i]
[B]James? Heh, I'm DemonZ by the way, the same one who helped your templates when this site was down for its upgrade. I think I was on the technical staff, or something, I can't quite remember. Well, anyway, hello to you again.

Secondly, I will post my debates in that forum then, I appreciate the time and effort you have taken to help me along the way. Your kindness will not be forgotten so easily. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#808080]My pleasure. That's what we're here for.

It's nice to see you again; you did an outstanding job with OB. We're all very grateful for your service to the site. It's nice to see that you're posting here -- I hope you enjoy your stay.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Soulstone [/i]
[B]I was just looking at the forums that are currently in play, and I realized there isn't any kind of 'serious' discussion forums about. I was just wondering if it is debatable or not to have on around? I like to have a good old rant now and then, as many would.

So, in short, could you add this forum to the Otaku boards for members who like to discuss there problems or the world around them? [/B][/QUOTE]

Looks like someone's been to Animenation? ;) As everyone else has said, you can post debates in the Lounge. Some of them can get quite serious.

[color=#808080]Let's not create debates just for the purpose of creating controversy. Several of those topics have been done to death; if people like SoulStone want to know what the membership thinks of such issues, they can easily search for such topics.

I'd really prefer it if people created threads based on their own interests and such. In other words, don't "do a Harry" and post something inflammatory just for the sake of argument. Post something that relates to a discussion that you yourself are truly interested in.[/color]

[color=red][size=1][font=arial]My two cents...

I've got three forums on my site that I put so people could deal with issues such as love and politics. Since they were such touch subjects, I figured that if I gave a forum with stricter rules, people wouldn't be as prone to be hurt.

Long story short, I was wrong and when I try to take care of the problems, I'm deemed a hypocrite and a dictator, which is why my boards may close down soon. All those forums bred for me was more disrespectful members.

We [b]do not[/b] need a debating forum. Or anything of the sort, unless we have bunches of mods ready to take care of problems there.

--Chris[/color][/size][/font]