Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Do you find inspiration when your sick?  

17 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you find inspiration when your sick?

    • Yes
      4
    • No
      9
    • Huh? Whats inspiration?
      4


Recommended Posts

Posted
When you are sick do you find moe or less inspiration to write? Me I can't think of anything but Aeropostal and JC Penny's (Note: Me and my friend (a girl) went shopping).
Posted
[size=1]I tend to have more quiet time when I'm sick, and I guess I write/draw a lot more.

Whether said work could actually be considered [i]inspired[/i] is another matter entirely.[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][size=1]I tend to have more quiet time when I'm sick, and I guess I write/draw a lot more.

Whether said work could actually be considered [i]inspired[/i] is another matter entirely.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]I agree. When I'm sick, I write more because I have alot more free time, not because I feel inspired. And I am almost never sick, but when I am, I am [i]really[/i] sick. So I don't do much of anything when I'm sick. :)[/b][/color]
Posted
Yes, I do find inspiration when I am sick because it give mes time to think of what to do. Then every time I feel better I also very refreshed so I can do all the stuff I thought to do when I was sick.
Guest Altron Gundam
Posted
If its b-ball season and I'm sick I play and go as much as I can during practice, if I happen to pass out, I'll leave it in my coach's hands from there lol.

However, anytime else, I'll just chill and watch TV. I don't feel inspired cuz I feel like crap and can't think of anything else.
Posted
[color=darkred]I get less, because all my inspiriation comes from real life. If I'm not expiriencing real life, then I can't write about it, can I?

Besides which, as Rikku said, I'm usually sleeping if I'm home sick...[/color]
Posted
[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]When I'm sick, I tend to watch A LOT of television, and I'll most likely enjoy whatever I'm watching. Think about it; it only takes your eyes and a little brainpower to pay attention and understand what's on the screen. Being sick usually makes your physical activities a pain, and as a result, watching television is overtly enjoyable when your body can't take on a simple task.[/color][/font]
Posted
[color=0099ff]My eyes get tired from watching TV even when I'm not sick. But when I am sick and I actually try watching, all that's on is soap operas and those stupid court shows. I fall asleep in less than 5 minutes.[/color]
Posted
I don't get inspiration when I'm ill; I just can't think clearly. Being sick just puts me in an awful mood--and it shows in whatever I do. There's no creativity.

Plus, whenever I'm not feeling well, it's hard to strain my eyes or neck for long without upsetting my stomach.

Now--when my emotions are at a certain degree (i.e., when I'm really happy, or really sad)--[i]that[/i] has a tremendous effect on what I write.
Posted
[color=indigo]Well, I'm sick right now...and reading this thread inspired me to write this post...so I guess you could say I found inspiration to write while being sick. :whoops:

But seriously, though, being sick doesn't really affect the amount that I write. (Unless I'm so sick that I have to stay in bed and can't even get up to use the computer, anyway). It might give me more free time to work on something I've been writing, or I might come up with something to write during the time that I'm sick... But it's not like I come up with more things to write while I'm sick than other times. Overall, it really doesn't make much of a difference for me.[/color]
Posted
[color=darkblue]Actually, I do get inspired. When I'm sick, I feel bad, & the best stuff I write is depressing. When I really feel bad, I tend to wallow in it.

It's weird, I was going through my poetry & I noticd there are big time gaps from when I was happily in a relationship (I have about 10 years' worth of poems). Or happy, period. It's like I have no idea what to write about. But when I feel depressed, confused, etc., it's like a floodgate opening.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Charles [/i]
[B]Now--when my emotions are at a certain degree (i.e., when I'm really happy, or really sad)--[i]that[/i] has a tremendous effect on what I write. [/B][/QUOTE]

[font=arial][size=1]
I am soooooo like that. Emotions play a huge part in what I write. I write when something has happened in my life, and also like Lady Macaiodh. [/font][/size]

[quote][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
I feel bad, & the best stuff I write is depressing. When I really feel bad, I tend to wallow in it.

It's weird, I was going through my poetry & I noticd there are big time gaps from when I was happily in a relationship (I have about 10 years' worth of poems). Or happy, period. It's like I have no idea what to write about. But when I feel depressed, confused, etc., it's like a floodgate opening. [/quote]

[font=arial][size=1]
I guess when things go either really wrong, or really good, I have tons of poetry to go with that experience I went through. lol, I find it very funny when I go back and there is all of this [i]deep, dark, and depressing poetry[/i]. I guess to me that is entertaining. lol, ah well.

[color=blue]~*~Frogger~*~[/color]
[/font][/size]
Posted
If I'm sick enough to be affected in any noticable way, I'm usually far too busy being sick to be doing anything that requires inspiration..

so no.. I don't get inspired when I'm sick..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...