Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Anime Focus your anger...


Herne
 Share

Recommended Posts

Ahhh, anger is indeed a great thing. It really can be harnessed if you try hard enough. Obviously, you aren't going to be able to blow fireballs out of your hands or fly, but put in enough effort and you can increase your strength and endurance. I have always found this technique did wonders for my strength, so why don't you try it out, and tell me if you found it helpful or not.

STEP 1 - First, think of something which makes you really angry. I mean REALLY angry! Think about it long and hard, allow yourself to be overcome with hatred for whatever/whoever you are thinking of. This cannot happen instantly unless you are already extremely mad about something, otherwise you may have to spend minutes really concentrating on that special something to make yourself mad.

STEP 2 - OK, having done this you should now be gritting your teeth and clenching your fists so hard that your nails are digging into your skin. Now's the time to focus your anger. Begin to growl, and slowly increase the pitch and volume, steadily building up to the loudest, longest scream you've ever done. While you're builing up, you should feel a wave of hatred buzzing around your feet and slowly edging it's way up your body towards your head.

STEP 3 - when this wave reaches your head it's time for the moment of impact. Your scream should have now reached as loud a volume and high a pitch as your vocal chords can take. Feel the wave of energy moving back down your body towards your hand. When it reaches your fist, punch as soon as you feel the energy enter your hand.

Tips: Obviously, you shouldn't try punching a brick wall or tree or anything. Try practising on a friend holding a phone book (you're supposed to hit the phone book, but if you want you can just let them hold it so they won't be able to block your hit :cool: )

Don't forget to tell me your results
:)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

heh.. about all that would do is give you a very bad headache. I took martial arts and teach it now child, Taiji and Kung Fu to be more specific, and they taught me every strength increasing meditation there is. That is most certainly not one. There is no " wave of hatred ." It sounds more like you are trying to say you can charge up like Vejita to me...

-Justin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds silly I know, and I would never have believed it either had I not been really mad one time, screamed for as long and loud as I could and then come to a climax by punching a hole in a cupboard door. I was rather surprised. Obviously I didn't punch the door "accidentally", but i never expected to damage it in any way.

I tried punching another one as hard as i could after i had calmed down and all that happened was my hand bounced off the door and hurt like hell.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

hmm, i dont tihnk this qaulifies as a meditation,i heard some place a while bakc that when you are truelly mad,your body makes a chemical of sumsort that increases your strenght,this may be a load **** but its just a thought,and maybe the reason your hands dont hurt as much when you punch thru that door when oyu were mad is because your hands had become numb with all the clenching of your wrists or sumthin,its all just thoughts tho,maybe it does work im no expert on it :devil: :D :cool: :p :eek: :confused:
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Accidentally?

You mean you got so mad that you forgot he was your friend and you beefed him, or you tried to hit the phone book and your aim was a little off?

Personally, i don't think my friends would be prepared to stand there with a phone book for ten minutes while I turned myself into a boiling pit of hatred and those that would, would be too suspicious that I was gonna try and K.O them.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have known this for years even before i watched dbz it does work with me (i am constently angery) when i was 3 my babysitter and my sis locked me in my room because i wouldn't take a nap so then maybe they thought i would go to sleep well i did this (only different) and with a wooden bat kncked down my door lol and i was 3! funny funny funny!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Try to look at it from a scientific perspective. I have always been a somewhat angry person so maybe it only works for those of us with a more destructive personality.

The wave that you feel is actually a feeling of tension rising to a boiling point and the scream is there to help it along. The same reason weightlifters often scream to relieve pressure before a lift. If you didn't scream, you wouldn't feel the tension, and if the tension wasn't there in the first place you would not need to scream. Neither can exist without the other. Besides which, I'm not talking about a full blown DBZ style scream that lasts for half an hour or anything. 5 seconds should be more than enough to turn a gutteral growl into a deafening scream.

Plus it's not so far fetched that in this mental state your body releases a hormone that increases capabilites. Ever heard of muscle potential? Humans only use around 10% of their muscle power. The other 90% is wasted. Almost all animals besides humans use a higher muscle potential. This is why ants for example can lift 100 times their own body weight, yet your average human strugles to lift 3 times. It has been suggested that there may be a way to tap into this remaining 90%. Well, maybe rage and the biological chemicals that are associated with it are the way to tap into that 90%...

And BTW - my first "incident" also happened years before I'd even heard of DBZ, so don't suggest that I'm trying to convince myself that I can "power up" or anything.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[quote][b]Plus it's not so far fetched that in this mental state your body releases a hormone that increases capabilites. Ever heard of muscle potential? Humans only use around 10% of their muscle power. The other 90% is wasted. Almost all animals besides humans use a higher muscle potential. This is why ants for example can lift 100 times their own body weight, yet your average human strugles to lift 3 times. It has been suggested that there may be a way to tap into this remaining 90%. Well, maybe rage and the biological chemicals that are associated with it are the way to tap into that 90%...[/b][/quote]
Please don't tell me you people are actually trying this garbage. Look, you are all misinterpreting my meaning when I said "meditation." I know what he is saying but it IS NOT possible. You can't force your body to bring out adrenaline(the chemical that comes when your body is put under strain) it comes naturaly. You could put yourself in danger by doing this crap...
And in response to the paragraph I took from your post:
YOu got your muscle potential and brain potenial mixed. The average human only uses 10% of their brain capability and 90% is wasted...

-Justin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]heh.. about all that would do is give you a very bad headache. I took martial arts and teach it now child, Taiji and Kung Fu to be more specific, and they taught me every strength increasing meditation there is. That is most certainly not one. There is no " wave of hatred ." It sounds more like you are trying to say you can charge up like Vejita to me...

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE]

Justin is totally right. I take martial arts too, and I no anger only causes violence. I mean puching phone books?:rolleyes:
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Herne [/i]
[B]Try to look at it from a scientific perspective. I have always been a somewhat angry person so maybe it only works for those of us with a more destructive personality.

The wave that you feel is actually a feeling of tension rising to a boiling point and the scream is there to help it along. The same reason weightlifters often scream to relieve pressure before a lift. If you didn't scream, you wouldn't feel the tension, and if the tension wasn't there in the first place you would not need to scream. Neither can exist without the other. Besides which, I'm not talking about a full blown DBZ style scream that lasts for half an hour or anything. 5 seconds should be more than enough to turn a gutteral growl into a deafening scream.

Plus it's not so far fetched that in this mental state your body releases a hormone that increases capabilites. Ever heard of muscle potential? Humans only use around 10% of their muscle power. The other 90% is wasted. Almost all animals besides humans use a higher muscle potential. This is why ants for example can lift 100 times their own body weight, yet your average human strugles to lift 3 times. It has been suggested that there may be a way to tap into this remaining 90%. Well, maybe rage and the biological chemicals that are associated with it are the way to tap into that 90%...

And BTW - my first "incident" also happened years before I'd even heard of DBZ, so don't suggest that I'm trying to convince myself that I can "power up" or anything. [/B][/QUOTE]

screaming does raise your strenth, but thats only if u scream using your hara, so I've read
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Herne [/i]
[B]Ahhh, anger is indeed a great thing. It really can be harnessed if you try hard enough. Obviously, you aren't going to be able to blow fireballs out of your hands or fly, but put in enough effort and you can increase your strength and endurance. I have always found this technique did wonders for my strength, so why don't you try it out, and tell me if you found it helpful or not.

STEP 1 - First, think of something which makes you really angry. I mean REALLY angry! Think about it long and hard, allow yourself to be overcome with hatred for whatever/whoever you are thinking of. This cannot happen instantly unless you are already extremely mad about something, otherwise you may have to spend minutes really concentrating on that special something to make yourself mad.

STEP 2 - OK, having done this you should now be gritting your teeth and clenching your fists so hard that your nails are digging into your skin. Now's the time to focus your anger. Begin to growl, and slowly increase the pitch and volume, steadily building up to the loudest, longest scream you've ever done. While you're builing up, you should feel a wave of hatred buzzing around your feet and slowly edging it's way up your body towards your head.

STEP 3 - when this wave reaches your head it's time for the moment of impact. Your scream should have now reached as loud a volume and high a pitch as your vocal chords can take. Feel the wave of energy moving back down your body towards your hand. When it reaches your fist, punch as soon as you feel the energy enter your hand.

Tips: Obviously, you shouldn't try punching a brick wall or tree or anything. Try practising on a friend holding a phone book (you're supposed to hit the phone book, but if you want you can just let them hold it so they won't be able to block your hit :cool: )

Don't forget to tell me your results
:) [/B][/QUOTE]

i should try this to get rid of Piccolo
:flaming: :flaming:
Link to comment
Share on other sites

HMM i;m way ahead of the group I mean I'dont really take this stuff real but I tried it. And I actually Put a big @** hole in the wall.
The whole Gazinker cost $125.99 for repairs.
shhesh!!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i love letting my anger go crazy!!!!!!
i love to just run into an empty field or desert and Scream for ages and run around punching the ground or a tree!

anyway, make sure you dont' hurt your hand when you punch thru walls Pikeon.:flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :tasty: :tasty: :ball:
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...