Spikey Posted March 25, 2003 Posted March 25, 2003 Yes I read it. I don't like it that much, but I'm sure some people do...
SaiyanPrincessX Posted March 30, 2003 Posted March 30, 2003 Yep, I love it! :toothy: I'd like to see the Anime.
Posthumous Posted March 30, 2003 Posted March 30, 2003 [color=teal][size=1][b]Damn, this has to be the best anime/manga next to the [i]Dragonball[/i] series.I read/watch it any chance I get. Sasuke owns you.[/b][/size][/color]
Guest Musahi Posted March 30, 2003 Posted March 30, 2003 No I do not read it in Shonen Jump. But I own a vast majority of teh episodes. It's animation is the 2nd best I have seen in any anime. Though the fights aren't as good as YYH's and DBZ/GT's, they are amoung the best/fastest paced. The only thing that ever turned me off to DBZ was the lack of character development, and Naruto shines there. It is truly one of the best anime I have ever seen. I can't wait for more. ^_^ *squeels like a piggie*
Arkadyz Posted April 7, 2003 Posted April 7, 2003 Yeah i read naruto in SJ every month. I love it to death. Its funny with a good amount of action. And like was said in previous posts it has some decent character development that alot of action manga/anime lack. I def. look forward to my next edition of SJ and i hope they start bringing over the anime series soon. :D
TheDarkOtaku Posted April 7, 2003 Posted April 7, 2003 It is great! :D The only thing that scares me about Naruto and Shonen Jump all together is that you get X amount of manga pages for only 5 dollars. It's strange, yet beneficial to people because its affordabale.:)
hellfire78 Posted August 22, 2003 Posted August 22, 2003 dude shonen jumps cool i have every issue exept #4 cause they didnt send it to me caues my mom forgot the payment. oh sorry naturo's awsome hes realy funny especailly when he stabs himself in the hand crying hes not gonna run away. anyway narutos cool and so is the freaky eye master kakashi has.
Guest Tical Posted August 22, 2003 Posted August 22, 2003 I love that manga! Naruto is my 2nd favorite manga and I plan on getting the anime soon. Tis thread will be closed soon, sorry. Anyway I love the ninja action, the whole ultra high speed action and special powers and stuff rocks.
Hiei Jagashi Posted August 24, 2003 Posted August 24, 2003 I read naruto is shonen jump and i haft to sayI LOVE IT.Its a realy funny and action packed.I like the manga better then the anime.I have seen pics of the anime and i like the drawings of the manga better then the anime.I dont know if its just me but they look different.Naruto looks like he's all happy and care free all the time.And the guy who wants to kill a person cant remeber his name he looks wierd so dous there ninja trainer and the girl because in the anime they just dont catch there over all aditude.The girl is sposed to look like shes the best in the world the other boy is spose to look quite and seriouse and there trainer is sposed to look like he'd be easy to beet and on alcohol or something and he just doesnt.
Guest canti Posted August 25, 2003 Posted August 25, 2003 ya i love it as well.............thats not all im gonna say haha its like my 3'rd fav. manga and it is a good anime but (it not out in america yet) love hina and kare kanno r my fav. manga (love hina rules all) naruto is great for shonen jump ya hear shaman king is coming t the fox box soon
Semjaza Posted August 25, 2003 Posted August 25, 2003 I've not read the manga, but I have seen several episodes of the anime. It was surprisingly good, although the first episode didn't seem to tell its story very well from what I remember.
Assassin Posted August 26, 2003 Posted August 26, 2003 [size=1][color=crimson]I believe I have all the issues of Shonen Jump. I love Naruto due to that it is like Ninja's with special powers and stuff. Shurikens are cool looking. Anyway I do read naruto in shonen jump.[/size][/color]
Jubei Yagyou Posted August 27, 2003 Posted August 27, 2003 [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]This show is the best, I love it. I have all the episodes availible and cant wait to get more of them. *cough* Itachi is the best *cough*[/SIZE][/COLOR]
OtakuSennen Posted August 28, 2003 Posted August 28, 2003 Ah, Naruto.. As of date, it is my favorite manga.. It takes the oh-so-familiar-and-cliche genre of ninja stories and somehow makes it feel fresh.. Whether it be the fact that the ninja have microwaves and fridges or that the ninja use magical techniques instead of constant katana slices.. The animation is great, and it's even better when Kishimoto colorizes it.. It has the color quality of an American comic like Spiderman or Superman then.. It's really quite amazing. My only problem with it is that sometimes it's hard to follow what is happening.. But that's good because it makes me read the manga over and over and over again to study exactly how Zabuza died. Hehe... [spoiler]Although my sources say that he doesn't really die.. Yet.[/spoiler] The anime is supposed to be even cooler, but I can't say that it is true first hand.. I haven't downloaded any videos of it or anything.. Though I DO have the music.. Very good stuff. Oh, and according to the most recent issue of Anime Insider, Naruto has a 3-to-1 chance of being liscensed and dubbed by a company, most likely Viz, for 2 reasons: -Naruto is a Shueisha-based franchise and Viz is an affiliate of the same company. -Viz already has the manga, which is pretty popular.. (Also, One Piece has a 2-to-1 chance, according to them..)
Guest yalborap Posted August 28, 2003 Posted August 28, 2003 The anime rules. I own a dvd of it, and I must say, I've never seen better.And, the manga is almost as good.
ramen Posted September 9, 2003 Posted September 9, 2003 naruto anime is a mixed bag...first few epsiodes were funny and the stories flow quite nicely...then the flashbacks and still shots ruin the action sequences in many subsequent episodes thereafter. the direction of story telling could be more to the point... but once you get over that hump, i think the overall story told is fun and interesting watch. how is it in manga version?
tattoi nobori Posted September 12, 2003 Posted September 12, 2003 I've seen the first few episodes of the anime, and it just rocks.. ?_? I was a little disappointed with just how closely the anime followed the manga, in terms of storyboarding... I mean, most of the time it's literally shot-for-shot. But the animation is pretty well done, and the action sequences are great! Also, the voice actors are quite good, which lends a lot to the timing and overall feel of the anime. One of my recent favorites, for sure!
ramen Posted September 12, 2003 Posted September 12, 2003 i haven't seen the manga yet, but i hope there are less flashbacks in manga than in anime. too many flashbacks to exlplain the background of characters especially during critical fight moments ruins the flow of the story...just bad timing or do less of them. in the last few episodes, some of the fights are actually pretty intense and inventive. [spoiler]rock lee rocks! i thought he was a total dork, but his current fight vs gaara (in ep 48 - ) is turning out to be one of the best.[/spoiler] he's got some amazing skills and talk about an iron will! i suppose his characterization is that of bruce lee...a bit exaggerated (hair style, eyebrows, his skin suit and his quickness) but nonetheless reminds me of bruce lee.
AzureWolf Posted September 12, 2003 Posted September 12, 2003 [quote]a bit exaggerated (hair style, eyebrows, his skin suit and his quickness) but nonetheless reminds me of bruce lee.[/quote] :twitch: I think that's why he was named "Rock Lee." Haha, I wonder, when they bring the series over to the US, if they'll actually shift Lee's name over to "Lee Rock." :laugh: Anyway, Rock Lee is drawn in the old anime style and is supposed to look ridiculously uncool. That's why [B]that[/B] episode surprises everyone. Gaara, on the other hand, is just chock-full of [I]freaky[/I] symbolism... [quote]how is it in manga version?[/quote] All I have to say is ignore those who say the manga version is better. The only thing the manga has over the anime is story: it is further in the Naruto story-line, and there are [I]A LOT[/I] of surprising, developing, and intriguing aspects still unseen in the anime. To give you an idea, the Naruto manga is up to volume 21, chapter 185 - the anime is up to volume 10, chapter 83-84. Anyway, when you compare what has been shown in the manga and anime, the anime's foresight is definately taken full advantage of, and you get a more thorough and fuller experience. Personally, I would be disappointed if the anime didn't follow the manga so closely. The small changes made, so far, are for the better, but the overall story is too cool to mess with. :D [quote]too many flashbacks to exlplain the background of characters especially during critical fight moments ruins the flow of the story...just bad timing or do less of them.[/quote] Meh, I think the "rewind" at the start of every episode is unneeded, but it is understable. Besides that, the flashbacks are fine. Mindless fighting is great and all, but fights are more enjoyable if you have some kind of backstory and understanding, IMO. EDIT: Here's to SaiyaMan! :excited: [spoiler]Wait until you see episodes 49 & 50[/spoiler]!
Magnum Apex Posted September 12, 2003 Posted September 12, 2003 [font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]I read the first two issues a couple of days ago, after having it being recommended by Fate. It looks promising, and the "Doppelganger Ninja Centerfold" technique made me laugh out loud.[/color][/font]
Garnet Crystals Posted September 13, 2003 Posted September 13, 2003 Naruto's great,I read it in Shonen Jump and love it.I also totally relate with Naruto's love for ramen(a small piece of heaven in your mouth :love: )
Dan Rugh Posted September 13, 2003 Posted September 13, 2003 I [spoiler]downloaded[/spoiler] the 3rd episode today and I have to say that I really enjoy this show. The characters are great, especially Sasuke and Kakashi. The part where Naruto [spoiler]transformed into Sasuke in order to talk to Sakura was great[/spoiler]. Sakura's daydream about Sasuke, [spoiler]saying how he liked her wide forehead was funny, too[/spoiler]. The best part, though, was when Naruto [spoiler] kept getting diarrhea from the spoiled milk[/spoiler]. I love this show!
Sun Posted September 13, 2003 Posted September 13, 2003 i only read it on shonen jump! but kakashi will r0x0rz your b0x0rz!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now