Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
No, I'm not suggesting that a cartoon be made of this series of games, I'm just suggesting that there already was.

Weird huh?

When the Orical of Ages/Seasons came out for GBA I had asked my mom if she could drive me (and my brother, he wanted one too) to the store so that I may perchase the game. When I said that it seemed to strike a cord and my mom suddenly seemed to remember that there was a cartoon on it a long while ago (I was 3 apparently when it was showing. I'm 15 now, do the math), A little guy in green that carried a sword was always comeing to the rescue of a princess named Zelda. The cartoon was also called Zelda. I can't remember it but my mom does and she told me what she could remember of it.

Is there anyone else out there that remembers such a cartoon? And was it made before or after the games came out?

I'm just very curious, tis all. It sounds kinda interesting, I'd be interested in seeing it again some time just to know what it was like.
I'm pretty sure they don't show it anymore, but I could be wrong.
Posted
Well, maybe you're too young to have seen most of it. I guess you being 3 to 5 or so would make sense.

Back when I was younger, we had something called the Super Mario Brothers Super Show. It was this goofy live action show, with a cartoon stuffed in it. Every Friday they'd show a Zelda cartoon instead of a Mario one.

Let's just say it was awful and leave it at that. It became kind of infamous for Link always saying "Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me princess!" It's not worth seeing or hunting out. I did kind of like the Mario ones though.

It came well after the games. The show is basically based on the Nintendo game, not the other way around.
Posted
[color=indigo]Heh, yeah, they are pretty bad. I've seen all of them that were made (I think), and the best part of watching them is laughing at how bad they are.

Oh, and here's a .wav file of the "excuuuuuse me, princess" line. :toothy:[/color]
Posted
My gracious, I remember that, too. I always thought the Zelda ones were the best, for some odd reason.

There was one Cpt. Whatever-his-name was episode where they were actually in Hyrule, and made poor Link out to be some sort of real jerk. I started to detest the Cpt. (Video?) cartoons after that.

I remember the Zelda eppies that had Link as a ghost, Link as a Frog, the pegasus/unicorn thing, the water park one, and...*thinks hard* There weren't all that many. Not that they were any good, anyway.

I agree, don't take the time to look for them. They are too short and cheezy to make it worth your while.
Posted
I think you're talking about Captain N: The Game Master.

That show was horrible, now that I look back on it. He could randomly pause everything around him, but for some reason never used it when it made the most sense to.

Simon Belmont of Castlevania was a big, tan blonde guy... Mother Brain looked like dripping pudding. It was awful.
Posted
Mother Brain had that VOICE. The one that broke windows. And Kid Icarus stuck "ithus" or something like that on the end of half his words.

If I ever find those writers...:mad: :flaming:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Oh, and here's a .wav file of the "excuuuuuse me, princess" line. :toothy:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

...I don't know whether to die by laughter or die by shock. O.O
Posted
O.o;; I guess it an't as populair as I first thought it was, lol.
I remember the ending of one of the mario one's, and that's all. I think he saved a bird and got a meal as a prize which happened to be a worm though he mistakened it as spagetti.
Posted
Ok, I've had a look on iMesh. I've downloaded the starting movie and I'm in the middle of downloading the first episode, and to put it simply...Well, it's...Just...Euuuuuughhhhhhhhh...XO

Let's see...

1. Link is a complete jerk (even the starting movie shouts it out XO )
2. Link has BROWN hair.

Oh, and the "excuuuse me, princess" line was in there too. >_<

Link and Zelda are on a bridge, then aload of monsters come so he grabs Zelda and jumps off the bridge then uses his sword to do some magicy stuff. He ends up on a rock while Zelda is in the water, soaked. "Nice job, [I]hero[/I]. >_<" "Well excuuuuuuse me, [I]Princess[/I]! XD"
Posted
Zelda is also blonde in there. That was the most confusing Zelda time for me, because I hadn't gotten ahold of any of the games. Some images showed her as blonde, others as a red head, though now I know she's blonde.

That outfit they put on her though...*shudders* That screams 80s, heh. >.<;
Posted
The games are based on the NES series. Back then, all the art from the instruction manuals I have had Link with brown hair and if I remember correctly, Zelda as blonde. It's not any different than it should have been.
Posted
[color=green]Sadly....this cartoon is horrifying....but oh well. Here's a place to download the episodes if you are that desperate and curious.--[/color][url]http://www.zeldaforever.net/cartoons.php[/url]
Posted
Well, I too am in the process of getting a few episodes. There's still that same thrill I get when I hear the theme music play during an episode--oh the memories--and the music itself is decent. The animation could be better, but the voices and stories are passable.

The whole Zelda-Link love thing is frustrating, though. That was never really brought up in the games (really, Link was younger than Zelda). And Spryte is an early, just as annoying Navi, just more visible.

So if you want nostalgia, grab the episodes. But don't expect to be impressed.
Posted
[color=indigo]Actually, in the original instruction booklet art for The Legend of Zelda, both Link and Zelda have brown hair. I have no idea why they made Zelda have blonde hair in the cartoon, though. It just looks wrong, especially after seeing her with brown or golden-brown hair in every other game besides The Wind Waker. (I actually just realized she has blonde hair in the TWW and that it actually looks good).

Personally, I think the best episode of the cartoons is "Doppleganger." Gannon makes a sort of evil clone of Princess Zelda, which results in one of the best parts in the whole series, I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link: Hmm, there's only one way to tell which is the real Zelda... A kissing contest!

*fake Zelda kisses Link*

Link: Okay, your turn!

*the real Zelda slaps Link*

Link: Yep, she's for real.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or something like that, anyway, it has been a while since I watched them. I think I watched them shortly before I joined OB, and have never watched them again. :cross:[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Personally, I think the best episode of the cartoons is "Doppleganger." Gannon makes a sort of evil clone of Princess Zelda, which results in one of the best parts in the whole series, I think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link: Hmm, there's only one way to tell which is the real Zelda... A kissing contest!

*fake Zelda kisses Link*

Link: Okay, your turn!

*the real Zelda slaps Link*

Link: Yep, she's for real.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

...Right, I know which one I'm going for after I finish downloading the first episode. XD That's if I don't die from watching the first one. XD
Posted
[color=009966]Ick! I don't remember it, but from what I've seen off the internet, I don't want to....How could they [i][b]do[/i][/b] that to Link and Zelda?! >< I think it's best to be left forgotten.[/color]
Posted
I remember the Super Mario Brothers Super Show becuase I remember that my brothers always watched that show, but I can't remember the Zelda cartoon. Although, a few years ago, the WB showed the Super Mario Show on Sundays, pretty early in the morning. They played a scene from Zelda and I was left....... disgusted. And believe me, that "Well excuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess!" got on my nerves pretty fast.

Oh yeah, I have two Super Mario Brothers cartoons on tape on my family's video shelf. Nice to have something from the past that I vaguely remember.
Posted
[IMG]http://www.x-entertainment.com/pics/zeed4.jpg[/IMG]

Why did Link always seem like such a jerk in that show? This pic conveys it like instantly.
Posted
The only time he was good was when he was quiet and fighting. Which is how he is in the game. Which is the ONLY was it should be.

They totally screwed him over.
Posted
[color=red]I've never seen the cartoon, but from what I've read here I don't want to see it. I have seen a few of the Mario cartoons though. They were cool...though I can't remember too much about them.[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...