OtakuBoards

Current Disses in the rap game

Guest Fly-T

Guest Fly-T
Eminem aimed at Ja Rule and of course Benzino on a new track called "Go To Sleep" off of the "Cradle 2 the Grave" soundtrack. In a violent outburst of words Em says he won't eat, sleep, and breath until he sees Benzino sleep permanently in the dirt. He also says the beef won't end until he agrees to meet with him in the flesh. On his last bar he says "Ja you'll get it too". We all know the specifics of the beefs, so just here is some excerpts from the song...

{Eminem}
"I ain't gonna eat, I ain't gonna sleep/
ain't gonna breath till I see what I wanna see/
and what i wanna see is you go to sleep in the dirt, permanantly..

you speak on my seed, then me no speak ingles/
so we gonna beef and keep on beefing unless/
you're gonna agree to meet with me in the flesh/
and settle this face to face, and your gonna see/ a demon unleashed in me that you never seen/
and you gonna see this gangsta pee on himself/
i see you D-12 and thanx but me need no help/
me do this one all by my lonely, i dont need 15 of my homeis...

i'm rid of you all you , JA you'll get it too."

The track also features Obie Trice and DMX who is also getting at Ja Rule as usual. The unfriendly song ends with Eminem tellin all his haters to go to sleep, die, rot and decay in the dirt. While Em is screaming "no more press" and "no more fame" you can hear eports of semi-automatic and automatic gunfire in the background.

More

Scarface has released a new song, "Snitch N--ga" featuring Z Ro and Bun B of UGK, which disses current reigning rap king, 50 Cent.

The song opens with Scarface interpolating the intro of 50 Cent's hit, "In Da Club," with the lyrics: "It's your worst day/Run and tell somebody it's your worst day." In the chorus, Scarface accuses 50 Cent of being a snitch: "You a snitch n--ga when you rat on your friends/A ***** n--ga when you steal cash from your kin/You a snitch n--ga running when the drama go down." According to Scarface's label, Def Jam Records, "Snitch N--ga" is not an official release, but the song is currently making its rounds online.

All it is is advertising. 'Badboys' sell. It's always been that way.

Also it's the only direction the doomed Rap genre can go in. They've sang, and I use that term incredibly loosely, about almost everything. Why not take shots at other rappers? It'll keep them going a bit longer.

You know i kinda like that they are having this feud..its like watching the 'Bold and the Beautiful' lyricly unfold....it also brings out the best in some of the rappers (It brought out the best in R.Kelly;s sex life(child rape)) lol.....but seripously i dont think theres anything wrong with gangsta rappers goin at it (u gota give em props for the words) but as long as it stays lyrical im cool , cause i dont wanna be readin about some Jay-z fanatic goin out an shoot nas....
goten

Guest dr.septagon
I want to see:

A street fight between 50 Cent and Ja Rule, a stage rap battle between Eminem and Benzino, Nas and Jay Z, a paintball battle between Prodigy (from Mobb Deep) and Cam'ron,G-Unit and The Made Men, a car race between all of cash money and all of no limit.

Guest Fly-T
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by dr.septagon [/i]
[B]I want to see:

A street fight between 50 Cent and Ja Rule,a stage rap battle between Eminem and Benzino, Nas and Jay Z, a paintball battle between Prodigy (from Mobb Deep) and Cam'ron,G-Unit and The Made Men, a car race between all of cash money and all of no limit. [/B][/QUOTE][QUOTE]A street fight between 50 Cent and Ja Rule[/QUOTE]
Ja would be killed or it would probably turn into a big *** gang fight.
[QUOTE]a stage rap battle between Eminem and Benzino,[/QUOTE]
Just to se Benzi Benz get humiliated? hah
[QUOTE]a paintball battle between Prodigy (from Mobb Deep) and Cam'ron,G-Unit and The Made Men[/QUOTE] You need to put the Lox in there. They would win over all of 'em. [QUOTE]a car race between all of cash money and all of no limit[/QUOTE] Two groups with so much money (from hustling) and yet they make the most shizz-iest rhymes that has ever vibrated into my ear. I would think Cash wouldwin though.[QUOTE]dude, pick up 50's 'get rich or die tryin' and put on 10, 'Back down' its all about Ja, and his little punk ***![/QUOTE]
Somebody rydin' hard.

• 2 weeks later...
Mc disses are battles and are a part of hip hop.It's too see who is a better mc!Some of you guys make it seem like a big problem.And always using big and pac as a example.But there death didn't have nothing to do with hip hop.Mc's use hip hop battles as a way of fighting would you rather have them shooting and fighting each other on the streets personally i like battles and disses we get to see how much skills a real mc has.And if you dont know everything about the hip hop culture and only know what u hear and see on tv.Then i think you shouldn't speak up on hip hop.:D

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Well, I actually like Eminem, though I don't agree with alot of his lyrics.

If I find a song with lyrics I don't agree on, or don't think are right, I just ignore it, or simply not listen to it. If it comes on the radio, or something, I just change the channel. [/color] [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ Gotenks ok [/i]
[B]Mc disses are battles and are a part of hip hop.It's too see who is a better mc!Some of you guys make it seem like a big problem.And always using big and pac as a example.But there death didn't have nothing to do with hip hop.Mc's use hip hop battles as a way of fighting would you rather have them shooting and fighting each other on the streets personally i like battles and disses we get to see how much skills a real mc has.And if you dont know everything about the hip hop culture and only know what u hear and see on tv.Then i think you shouldn't speak up on hip hop.:D [/B][/QUOTE]

(dramatization)

Actually it does get kind of old when all you hear is:

"I got money out the a**, look at my Mercedez Benz"- Who cares?

"I'm gonna' cap yo a**"- No you won't or you'd be arrested for murder and you're probably too much of a pu**y to do it anyway.

"I like to get raunchy with some h*'s"- Like you're really complimenting yourself there... Most of them probably have more a**, groin, and mouth diseases than you can count.

[B]Mc disses are battles and are a part of hip hop.It's too see who is a better mc!Some of you guys make it seem like a big problem.And always using big and pac as a example.But there death didn't have nothing to do with hip hop.Mc's use hip hop battles as a way of fighting would you rather have them shooting and fighting each other on the streets personally i like battles and disses we get to see how much skills a real mc has.And if you dont know everything about the hip hop culture and only know what u hear and see on tv.Then i think you shouldn't speak up on hip hop.:D [/B][/QUOTE]
My theory on the whole Biggy and Pac thing is that [i]somebody else[/i] took their lyrics too far. I don't think the two of them killed one another, but I think somebody listening to their lyrics took them seriously when they kept dissing each other. That's why I blame dissing, not because 6 years later some oddball lawyer has "secret evidence" that he got from a "secret source" that "proves" Biggy set up Tupac's murder. And until somebody comes back from the dead (be it Tupac, Biggy, or even Jesus himself) and sets it straight, all I have is my theory.

The other reason I don't like rappers constantly dissing each other is because they usually have no real reason behind it. I mean, when you get [i]Busta[/i] to lose his cool, you've gone too far. I think Ja Rule is doing it all for attention, not to express any real grudge in the form of rap. I mean, let's face it, Ja can't rap.

[B]Mc's use hip hop battles as a way of fighting
i like battles and disses we get to see how much skills a real mc has. [/B][/QUOTE]

personally, i can barely stand Rap/hip-hop;however, I see where your comming from. Only from a raver's perspective though. We battle all the time to see who's the better raver, and with what skills. Typically, you get disses when they get in your face while raving, but the true victor is the one that just flows better.

Sorry for going off topic, but i saw a comparison that cold be made.

Lets just face the facts here. Rappers have no better talent then to diss people and ryme at the same time. If it's part of a culture or part of some music, then I'm sorry, thats a pretty crappy culture and a pretty crappy style of music. They only do it to gain attention cause they know no one likes rap. People only listen to rap to see who is dissing who. Why would anyone listen to rap for the music lol. Thats like wanting to put myself in a washer machine for 3 hours.

Sounds like somebody's knocking the music of hip-hop.

I personally listen to a lot of rap for the music. That's why the producers who make/arrange the music for rappers are just as famous. Dr. Dre, The Neptunes, Missy Elliot, Timbaland, Rockwilder. These are some of the most famous producers in hip-hop.

The music may not appeal to you, and that's okay. But a lot of people actually like the music. In fact, I once had to have a discussion with somebody about why they should start paying attention to the lyrics of their favorite songs instead of just rocking back and forth to the music.

I dont like when someone doesn't know about hip hip and talk about it.If u dont like hip hop keep it to your self you might not understand it just as we might not understand your type of music.And alot of people like rap aint it the most popular genre of music?And it's not fair to say that rappers have no talent or are stupid.And you say people listen to rap just for disses that is not true maybe thats what you think but that is not true.But i understand you know nothing about hip hop because if u did u wouldn't call it crap.
:D

It's fair to say you know nothing about music, because you like hip hop. Hip hop isn't even music. It's a form of poem basically. I dunno why people continue to call hip-hop music, Endymion even said "they should start paying attention to the lyrics of their favorite songs instead of just rocking back and forth to the music"... rap is based on lyrics, not music, which makes it a form of poem, and not a genre of music. So to answer your question, no, Rap is not the popular form of music, it's not even music. It's some ugly guy with 9 of his loser friend standing infront of some slutty girls and crappy cars talking really fast with some crappy beats behind it. Sure it's a form of expression and art, but it's not music. No, Music implies talent of sound and instruments, rap incorporates none of that. They rip off from people who HAVE talent and add their own expression on top of it.

If you're gonna post a topic, you have to be reasy for disagreement. You can't assume everyone and their mother is gonna agree with you. Not that you even posted this topic, but you get the point. Rap is the only form of "music" to express negativity toward other artists. Anyone who's any type of artist knows thats that form of doing is immature, stupid, and pointless. When I paint, I don't put in "I hate Van Gogh" or "Monet blows goats" in it.

If rappers could talka bout something else other than hoes, cars, sex, violence, and their favorite basketball player, they might actually have some talent. But no, they don't for the most part. A few do here and there, and I can respect them but they are outweighed by the majority, which absolutely sucks. ANd just because it may or may not be the most popular form of "music" doesn't mean it's good. After all, this is America we're talking about. The Majority is never right. You can look at history and see that for yourself.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]It's fair to say you know nothing about music, because you like hip hop. Hip hop isn't even music. It's a form of poem basically. I dunno why people continue to call hip-hop music, Endymion even said "they should start paying attention to the lyrics of their favorite songs instead of just rocking back and forth to the music"... rap is based on lyrics, not music, which makes it a form of poem, and not a genre of music. So to answer your question, no, Rap is not the popular form of music, it's not even music. It's some ugly guy with 9 of his loser friend standing infront of some slutty girls and crappy cars talking really fast with some crappy beats behind it. Sure it's a form of expression and art, but it's not music. No, Music implies talent of sound and instruments, rap incorporates none of that. They rip off from people who HAVE talent and add their own expression on top of it.

If you're gonna post a topic, you have to be reasy for disagreement. You can't assume everyone and their mother is gonna agree with you. Not that you even posted this topic, but you get the point. Rap is the only form of "music" to express negativity toward other artists. Anyone who's any type of artist knows thats that form of doing is immature, stupid, and pointless. When I paint, I don't put in "I hate Van Gogh" or "Monet blows goats" in it.

If rappers could talka bout something else other than hoes, cars, sex, violence, and their favorite basketball player, they might actually have some talent. But no, they don't for the most part. A few do here and there, and I can respect them but they are outweighed by the majority, which absolutely sucks. ANd just because it may or may not be the most popular form of "music" doesn't mean it's good. After all, this is America we're talking about. The Majority is never right. You can look at history and see that for yourself. [/B][/QUOTE]
Again you are talking about mainstream rap i hate mainstream for the fact that all they rap about is cars money and hoes.And that is a reason why i stopped listening to mainstream a long time ago.If you are only talking about mainstream rap then i do agree with you TN it's crap but listen to underground hip hop and till me what you think underground hip hop artist's are about skills and knolledge i recommend you listen to some hip hop artist's from the underground dont give hip hop music a bad name just because of the stupid a**holes in the mainstream.:demon:And i listen to every other type of music i am open to everything im not sayin that hip hop is tha best type of music out there.

mu·sic__(myoo`zik)
n. The art of arranging sounds in time so as to produce a continuous, unified, and evocative composition, as through melody, harmony, rhythm, and timbre.

Okay, so maybe rap isn't music, in the sense that it usually involves very little melody and harmony. What's where the Hip-Hop/R&B combo comes into play, but rap by itself is hardly music. Rap, vocally, has no harmony or melody. A person can sing a capella and be considered music. A rapper cannot call his or her performance a form of music when there is no instrumental (be it real or synth) backing them up.

The music used it rap, however, is still music. Be it with real instruments or synthesized by sound-equipment in a recording studio, a rapper is usually going to have a background of noises consisting of "melody, harmony, rhythm, and timbre" (see also: music).

Rap is not necessarily music (as opposed to singing, which can be considered a form of music) by itself. The music used for rap is, well, music. Not everyone may like it, but it's still a form of music.

[B]Again you are talking about mainstream rap i hate mainstream for the fact that all they rap about is cars money and hoes.And that is a reason why i stopped listening to mainstream a long time ago.If you are only talking about mainstream rap then i do agree with you TN it's crap but listen to underground hip hop and till me what you think underground hip hop artist's are about skills and knolledge i recommend you listen to some hip hop artist's from the underground dont give hip hop music a bad name just because of the stupid a**holes in the mainstream.:demon:And i listen to every other type of music i am open to everything im not sayin that hip hop is tha best type of music out there. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, but isn't this topic about the dissing in mainstream rap? Thus the backbone to my argument. Maybe I'm mistaken here, correct me if I am. To your point in listening to underground rap. it's really not my interest. I don't listen to much American music as it is, and that in itself is not rap. I have 4,000 mp3s (no joke) and of those, maybe 5, MAYBE 5, are rap songs. I have no real interest in listening to rap itself, let alone underground rap. I however, will take your word for it. But as I said before, I believe this topic is about the current disses in mainstream rap.

Anyway, Endyion, I wouldn;t consider singing music either. Thats why it's called singing lol. You get the point though as you stated in your post. The actual rapping is not music, just as singing is not music. I think very little music is, however, used in rap songs. It's more periodical beats and noises. I mean, some of the crap they put in the background is hardly listening quality. Ther's only so much you can do with a 4/4 or a 2/3 or whatever beat. Some rap songs are sicking to listen to because of the horrible "music" they put in the background, but as you said, rapping isn't based on beats and music, it's based on the lyrics and style. Thus I don't see it as music, where as dance (ie trance, songs with little or no lyrics at all) or in some cases rock deals more with focusing on the actual music rather than lyrics.