Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Since I decided to join the Air Force (haha, you mods thought you throw down the gavel on a welcome back thread, didn't you??). Anyhow, I am finally in. I swore into the Air Force Reserve at 12:30 CST yesterday, and am officially a member of the US Armed Forces. [URL=http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/afjobs/bl2a6x6.htm]Click Here[/URL] for a description of what I'm doing....I'm in for 4 years, so theres no bonus, which blows.

Thanks everyone for your support in what I'm doing!

A1C LP
Posted
[color=purple][size=1]Congratulations.

Once I graduate highschool, my goal is to join the Air Force.

Though I must ask, since you are the one already sworn in, what is the exam like? I've heard it's horrible, the hardest of all the military branch's exams.

I was advised to take a bunch of Honors and AP classes to prepare myself for the "big test".

Is it really as bad as it's hyped up to be?[/size][/color]
Posted
Its not hard...figuring it's the same throughout the branches and Marines pass it all the time. Just pick up an ASVAB book at Barnes and Noble or even the library.

Now, if your going Interpreter or Medical....you'll need to take a specialty test for those jobs. If its medical, study hard. If it's interpretor, go into soemthing you already have a general idea as to what you're speaking, b/c it's ompossible to learn a language fluently in a short period, and thats what you need.

Overall, the entrance exam is easy...if you study. I studied for the ASVAB for 3 weeks, and blew it away.
Posted
Congratulations, that's excellent!

I really admire people who volunteer for positions in any branch of the military.

May God be with you.

-Justin
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LostProphet [/i]
[B]Its not hard...figuring it's the same throughout the branches and Marines pass it all the time.
[/B][/QUOTE]

**grumble grumble**

You'll get it for that will. Congrats btw. So, u gonna watch my *** with napalm when i'm on the ground then?
Posted
Yeah.....I'll wipe your a-s-s from the earth if you need it. J/k, Marines are tough muddafuggers, so I dont mean to dis. But they arent the smartest people in the world......
Posted
Actually, they upgraded their entry education limit. It used to be GED, now you need to graduate high school. I know it's not much, but hey, some high schools are hard to get out of.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...