OtakuBoards

what games?

magic_raditz

for some time now I have been looking at ps2s and wondering if i should buy one. i already own a gamecube so this would be my next system out of the "big three". my problem is there are only a few games that look like i would enjoy and i dont want to buy a PS2 just for one or two games. so want i would like you to do is recommend games to me. i am a big fan of rpgs and action/adventure. i am not that big of a fan of racing or sports games. the games that i know i want are all of the .hack ones (i heard that two were our now) final fantasy 10 and dragonball z budokai. (even though its coming to the 'cube later this year) well if you have any suggestions please say them.

Since your a fan of action/adventure games and anime/manga I think you might like both of the Zone of the Enders games. The second game is the best one of the two, but its best if you get both of them. Zone of the Enders is a lightning fast mecha game unlike Armored Core and other games of the genre. The only bad thing about the two games are that they are too short.

Other good PS2 games are Metal Gear Solid 2 and Dynasty Warriors 4. These games are sure to please any action/adventure game lover.:devil

[color=darkblue]I'll recommend Dark Cloud 2 and Xenosaga for some of the newest RPG's out there along with WW2's recommendations. You'll find a lot of variety on the PS2. If you're looking for something in the survival horror category, Silent Hill 2 or Fatal Frame are two good choices.

Look around this fourm for some big topics or games that catch your eye.[/color]

Well, the Zone of Enders games are basically about you controlling a big robot,known as Jehuty, which you use to fight other giant robots. Your mission is to stop some evil group known as BAHRUM. But the coolest thing about the games are the massive battles. In the first game you go up against some huge bosses, sometimes as big as the entire screen.

But in the second game the big boss characters are cut back, and are replaced by huge fights against multiple enemies. In one part of the game you are up against over a hundred enimies at once, and it is just cool as hell. These battles are also very fast, its hard to keep up with the speed of your mech sometimes, especially when you learn to Zero Shift (type of teleportation).

Along with these big battles, comes some awsome explosions and massive colateral damage. If these sound like your kind of games you should try them out.:devil:

[color=blue][size=1]Games I would suggest checking out are:
Grand Theft Auto 3(Vice City if you like GTA3)
Silent Hill 2
Onimusha
The Getaway
Devil May Cry
Deus Ex
Meal Gear Solid 2
Kingdom Hearts

All are games with great storylines and gameplay in my opinion. They will pull you in deeper and deeper as you play til you feel totally emersed in there gaming universe. I would suggest you check out reviews for the games I and other people list to see if they are the type of game you would enjoy.[/color][/size]