OtakuBoards

Attracted to a cartoon character? Why?

Herne

I never understood how people could think a cartoon character (or computer sprite for that matter) was hot. It just doesn't make sense. However, since becoming a DBZ fan I have had something of a... liking... to Android #18.

Why? Obviously the thought of... well, you know... is ridiculous and inconceivable, but for some reason I DO find her somewhat pleasing to the eye, and I LOVE her attitude. It's so bad a$$! I always was attracted to evil.

But can anyone explain this phenomenon? How can someone be attracted to a fictional, no less 2 DIMENSIONAL, character?

start worrying if you find a gf that looks like android 18 then try to get her to walk/talk/act like her...

i think its fairly common...i like characters from books, video games, and anime. i think they have style and i think some of em are beautiful. if they were real i'd prolly like them.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Put it this way, we don't like them as drawings on paper.... we think, that if this person were REAL[/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=purple]Exactly! Characters like Trunks from DBZ and Gene from Outlaw Star have awesome personalities. People who find anime characters "hot" are visualizing or....fantasizing(sp?);)...about that person being [i]real[/i]. Hope that makes sense!!:D[/color]

Well some of the better written characters in anime are very human. They have emotions and problems just like everyone else. If you are attracted to an anime character then it is probably because of their personality and voice and not because they are drawings. I hope you and Android 18 are very happy together....but watch out cause Krillin had her first.

I think Krillin is A LUcky playa playa.
HE gets with a HOt gorgeuos CHil LIke android 18. And i aint no freak on her or nething but yall would agree that she got it goin on at times