Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Well, we decided to have a lil graphics battle, more of a contest really, we both made a piece, and we're putting it to your vote as to who should win. So, here are the images, Hitto will post his.


l i f a F L U X

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=386274[/img]
Posted
[url]http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/1759212[/url]

yeah more attempts at airbrushing more of an experiment =D.

Click the thumbnail of image for full version. Read the description there.

Rules:
----------
Rape at 4
First to 8
----------
Posted
[color=#808080]Wow, what a tough decision. Both images are very high quality. ^_^

I have a bit of an "if" situation here.

If the comet tails in Hittokiri's image are produced via some kind of filter/automated effect with little editing...then Kenji's would have to win. I find Kenji's to be the more "outwardly beautiful" image, I suppose. It doesn't depict anything specific -- maybe it depicts the intangible.

But if Hittokiri produced those gorgeous asteroid tails by hand...then his art would have to win. I don't really find the rest of it terribly appealing, but the asteroid trails aren't just "trails"...they're very stylized and powerful. I love 'em.[/color]
Posted
Yep yep James, the image was made without the use of any filters, completly with the airbrush. The only tools I used on this piece were as follows:

Airbrush <--- All the trails and "comets" and "planets" were made mainly with this. =D
Color Burn Tool
Color Dodge Tool
Smudge Tool
Type Tool
Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Both were really neat, and I really liked both of them.

Kenji: I love the icy colors with the misty texture. It looks like it's kinda sucking us in, which is really kewl.

Hittokiri: I love those astroids, and they kinda look celestial. I'd love to have a diary cover like that. ^^

My vote goes to Kenji, though. They were really close. ^^;[/color] [/size]
Posted
[b][size=1]Hitto's work is great, but Neph's is just the one that does it for me. Nice size, brilliant colours and blending, and it looks very polished overall. The font and logo fit very nicely into the image, too.

Sorry Hitto, great work, but I just think Neph's takes the biscuit.[/b][/size]
Posted
[b][size=1]
Sorreh Kenji.

HZ gets my vote on this one. His just seems different to what I usually see in this forum. I think that's probably the only reason why.
I liked both of them, but yeah. His one was different.[/b]

Hittokiri, was that originally a banner or something? It looks nice, so small..[/size]
Posted
[size=1]For some reason I am unable to view HZ's image. The link isn't working properly, or something. As a result I have to vote for Nephroxide, who did an excellent job on their image. I'll change this if i am ever able to view the second image.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
Hmmm... You probably were unable to view the image because I'm guessing at the same time you were trying to view the image I was busy editing the description of the image -_o;. Either that or DA was glitching again =\. The image should be visible now.

Votes =

HZ - 2
Neph - 2

(Shyguy undecided???).
Posted
Oooooooh a battle, I can't remember he last time I was in a battle anyways I'm going to go for neph on this mainly because the tail on HZ's comets are a bit iffy and neph seems to have done everything right.


Reverence-out>>

P.S
What are the votes up too?
Posted
[size=1]Well, i really like the way HZ made his image, it's not all abstract, like Kenji's, it actually has an image in it, if you understand what i'm saying.

Kenji, ya really should make images in the things you make, like what HZ did, it'd look awesome.

I hate brown >.>

+1 for HZ[/size]
Posted
[size=1]HZ's takes forever to load on my computer. But I like his the most, it was definitely worth the confusion. The comet/meteor things looks very cool. Good job.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
Hmm I go for Neph, although i do agree with Ajeh on the "diffrent thing" and Zeh with the "actual picture thing" but i don;t like the colours used in HZ's and Neph's seems more light and cheerful..>_>.

Great work, both of you.
Posted
I...whoooooooooa....

*blinks* I...whoa...

Dang.

(Standstills still suck, standstills still suck, standstills still suck...)

NephEH's looks real celestial and watery. And his is still a tech out of my reach. Oooo...
Hitto's is purdy and all, but...=\ ...somehow, knowing how to do that myself sorta takes away from the art, if that makes sense at all. Personally, I'm a tad more impressed with the border.

However, I cannot choose which should win. O_o;
Posted
Ay there's a difference between knowing how to do something and doing it *___*;. Ask Neph about his first attempt at airbrushing, it's alot harder than it seems *cough* *cough* and I still suck at it so I see what your saying... :D.

*Goes back to wandering the net*

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...