OtakuBoards

A Point System

Thing296

a point system?well,let me explain

A "Store" option will be somewhere.you will gain points for something like posting a thread or replies.
for example:

you have 900 points,

you want to buy a midi for your profile which cost 800 points,

but you can also change your username for 500.

if you buy a midi,800 points will be deducted from your account.

if you buy a username change,500 points will br deducted.

so:900-800=100
or:900-500=400

and it is points,not no. of posts to be used.

Hows that idea?

[color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] It would cause an influxed increase in spam, and people just constantly posting for just a competitive reason. It's not a completely bad idea or anything, but we really don't have a use for it really, if you ask me.[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Thing296 [/i]
[B][color=black][size=1][font=rockwell]and it is points,not no. of posts to be used.[/color][/size][/font] [/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch [/i]
[B][color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] It would cause an influxed increase in spam, and people just constantly posting for just a competitive reason.[/color][/size][/font] [/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Thing296 [/i]
[B]a point system?well,let me explain

A "Store" option will be somewhere.you will gain points for something like posting a thread or replies.
for example:

[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#808080]This is basically like the RPG system that you find on many boards.

And it's usually based on your post count/points being intertwined and such.

I don't like the idea that your level of activity equals your ability to "purchase" new items. If such items (such as name change) are to be used, they should be available to everybody.

The last thing I want to do is give the impression that post count is important. Because it's not. It's just a number; it bears no relationship to your quality as a member, the quality of your threads/posts, etc...

If anything, we're going to be moving away from point/post-based systems in the future. I don't think OtakuBoards will ever be involved in those widespread systems.[/color]

[size=1][color=darkblue] Good points (no pun intended) bought Up by all, The way post counts are now is perfect, they're not necessary, so unless you think the newbie title is the great Satan, or the master of evil in disguise, it really doesn't flippin matter.

Buying things and having custom ranks ect. would only increase S.P.A.M I have to side with Mitch on that one. [/size][/color]

[i]Anything[/i] that promotes increased posting is going to promote SPAM. That's just the way it is.

Just like things that are made to help mankind usually end up being twisted and corrupted beyond recognition, and causing more damage than good in the end.

I'm one to talk at the moment, because I am involved in a FF:Survivor RPG (see sig) that equates Character level with posting per page. [i]However[/i], I've seen--up to this point--quality posting 97% of the time. (Another however--the people involved are quality posters.)

As I said earlier, but in altered form: nice idea but been there, done that, not gonna do it again.

[size=1]Thats 'cuz in FF: Survivor, levels really change nothing, but are cool to have, and if you were to spam, you'd be kicked out earlier. The same could happen on the board, it's just harder to keep up with on a larger scale.

I think we should have a system like the RPG one, where you could purchase things, but you get points for how long you've been here. That may even discourage spamming. You want a custom avatar, you can't get one by posting you have to wait, posts would have nothing to do.

(I still support taking away posts all together, and having our member number there instead.)[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]Anyone remember the evil that was the Star Rating system?

I rest my case. [/B][/QUOTE]

lol yeah... Back in v2 my first thread essentially involved everyone giving everyone else a 5 rating.. or was it me giving everyone else a 5 rating, and them doing the same.. oh well, I dunno..

Actually, it didn't exactly start that way, but heh.. that's what it turned into

(I'm not gonna recant this whole story about my first thread, and my old user name, again.. I'm sure someone else out there remembers it..)

[size=1]I remember like it was yesterday...

You cme on and made a topic insulting us all, [b]t[/b]himoc, rated you a five and made some silly old comment, then The Great Wind Fish began to warship you, and it continued from there...

Good times, at old OB. [/size]