OtakuBoards

Basic Role Playing. Midieval Characters only. Make it up as we go.. and have fun.

Dmitri_Dragoon

Dango stared down and grinned at Dmitri.
'Hope he don't try a fast one on me, 'cos I'm a demon...' He thought. Dango looked up and smiled. Then, suddenly the two looked into the woods. There was a huge blaze of red, firey light there. Dango sheiled his eyes.
"Wh...at is it?" The two looked at a magnificent creature arise with flames around it. It's wings were red hot.
"A phoenix!" Shouted Dmitri. Dango stared at the huge creature as it flew off into the sky. The whole night was lit up by it's wings of flame. Dango smiled.
"Wooowww!..." He looked at Dmitri.
"Only few have seen the legandry Phoenix! It blesses those it sees!" Dango rubbed his eyes.
"I heard it brings good look!" Dango replied.
"I know. But why did we see it?"
"I quest we were just lucky..." Dango growled.
"I think it was antoer reson...but why?" Dango stared into the red night sky...

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dmitri knew that a phoenix was to bring good luck, but felt deep down that for him it was a bad omen. His past experiences with a phoenix made him feel so.
"Another reason..." he said softly to himself. Night was fast approaching and Dmitri sighed.
"Well we are in Dark Wood, we saw a phoenix, we are surrounded by spirits, and it is becoming night. Best thing for us to do is to get some rest." With that Dmitri settled himself against the tree and slept only as an elf can sleep. There he dreamt of his past.

[I]He saw his wife and children die at the hands of the assasin as he was helpless to do anything. Then saw himself killing those very assassins as they had killed his family. Then he saw him battle the demon that sent the assassins. It was a long and tedious battle, the outcome were both fighters defeat, the demon losing a eye and ear, and Dmitri almost losing his life. The two came to an agreement, and fought no more, though Dmitri dreams that he will soon again see the Demon again.[/I]

OOC: Thanks much! Here's my character. Umm, I don't know if I'll metion this later, but she's a half-demon, half-human.
IC: Valkyrie walked slowly through the Dark Woods. They had been her home for some time now. Her father had cast her out of his home. All for loving an elf. And for being a half breed. She had such human tendencies, she couldn't help admiring his beauty. He said he loved her slightly tanned skin, her amber eyes with cat-like slits, her long, silverish hair, her little dog-like ears. He said he loved all of it. Then he left her. Alone. With a daughter. Her father had kept her. He said she was his replacment for her. The bastard. She was easily the strongest of any of his children, fully demon or otherwise. Before she left, she stole his prived sword and a pair of sais. Both of them were priceless...and very powerful. She'd train then take her sweet revenge on all of them. There was a light ahead. She crept close not making a sound. It was a half-breed of some kind and a demon. A very powerful demon. She quietly climbed a nearby tree and waited for dawn. She'd find what they were here for in the morning.

Valkyrie pricked her ears. The elf knew she was here and was telling the demon. Sighing, knowing she no longer had the element of surprise, she jumped down from trees, slightly ashamed. "Why are you in these forests? Who has sent you?"
"The same could be asked about you. Why were you watching us anyway?"
"My name is Valkyrie. I live here. I thought you were sent by my father to kill me. Does that answer all your questons? Now answer me."
"Fine. I am Dmitri, the half-elf, half-drow. This is Dango, a wolf demon. We're on a quest. Would you like to join us?"
She stared at him in slight disbelief. An elf, even if he was half-drow, accepting her? It was impossible. "I, uhh, I...yes?"
"Well, if you're not sure, decide in the morning. You can stay here for tonight."
"Thank you. Sorry for any trouble I may have caused you. You can call me Val, if you wish."
"No trouble at all, Val. None at all."

Dmitri gives her a small smile and a nod. He looks at Dango wondering what to expect from him. He gives him a look of "behave yourself".
He looks back at the half breed.
"If you must know Valkyrie, I do accept you because I am basically like you. Like you I am a half breed, a breed that is usually killed by the drow and shunned by the elves. I have cast myself away from all elves. And if you are wondering how I knew you were there I heard you breathing, it was loud enough to wake a snoring dwarf."
With that he gave her another nod, and closed his eyes. Not going to sleep, but just making it appear that he is.

That little...she'd get him for that comment. She had trained herself to make her breathing as light as possible. He'd pay, along with everyone else. Unless he'd help her. That would change everything. "Dmitri, I kow you're not asleep, so tell me. What have I just agreed to? I do have my own agenda and need to know."

He grinned and opened his eyes.
"I myself am on a quest to purge the world of evil. There is a kingdom not far from here that I am going to, Dango is coming with me. Though why he is coming with me is beyond me. If you do not wish to come then you may leave anytime you wish. And forgive me for the comment I made earlier. It's just that these many decades living on my own in the wild has made my hearing supurb, I can even hear your heartbeat from where I sit now."
Dmitri looks at her calmly. Looks into her soul, her being, her mind.
"So your father cast you out as well. My father did the same, but he is dead now, killed by my own hands. It seems you and I have more in common than I originally thought. Well, if you wish to come with us in the morning I suggest you get some sleep, I would rather not make any unnecessary stops." This time he closes his eyes and falls to sleep, even though it is a light sleep.

How could he know? This was usless. If she wanted to, she could go with them, find out more about him, maybe even get her revenge. It didn't matter. As long as she did [i]something[/i] she would be happy. And there would be someone like herself with her. Even if he did scare her slightly. She didn't enjoy anyone being able to read her so easily. She'd just have to deal with it. She made a promise and couldn't go back on it. Still uneasy, she fell asleep. Morning was coming soon.

Even in this light sleep the dreams come to him.
Dreams of death, destruction, betrayal, and power. He dreams of armies meeting on the battlefield, destroying one another time and time again. Dreams of gods, of angels, of people from the moon. Dreams of his loved ones dying again.
He wakes with a start, he is covered in a light sweat. He looks around and sees the fire burning low, Dango fast asleep, and the unusual girl asleep as well. He knows that he won't be able to get back to sleep so he stands, and as silently as a ghost jumps into the trees, he climbs to the top and looks up at the sky. He looks back down at his companions, and stays in that position, being the guardian for the two until the sun's light returns to burn his eyes until he is dizzy. He sighs but knows this is the way it is every morning, and knows that the pain will pass quickly.

Valkyrie woke slowly, yawning the entire time. She hated mornings. They were always so bright. She rolled onto her side and saw Dmitri sitting in a tree, staring at the horizon. "I'll be back later. I need to take care of some things." She began to walk back into the forest.
"I'll go wih you. You might need protection."
She turned and looked into his eyes. They seemed full of sadness. "I'll be fine. I'm going to bathe and then I have to find some 'friends' of mine. You should stay with your friend here. He's still asleep." With that, she took her leave. There was a small stream nearby. She quickly undressed and began bathing. She was about to get out when she felt a pair of eyes boaring into her back, almost as if they were searching for her heart. "Dmitri, please leave. I thought you were supposed to be with your friend."
"He awoke, so I came to find you. I thought you might be in some kind of trouble."
"Right. Of course you would." Keeping her back to him, she walked to the tree she had left her clothes under.
"They aren't there anymore."
She turned and looked. He was right. "WHAT DID YOU DO WITH MY CLOTHES?!?!"

"I did nothing with your clothes" Dmitri said in all seriousness. He takes off his cloak and tosses it to her. "Wrap yourself in it, don't be modest. I care nothing if you are naked or not. I'll go see if I can find your clothes."
As he walks away he laughs to himself, knowing where he put the clothes, but doesn't want to tell her. He honestly doesn't care about her nudity, but thought he would have some fun. He walks back to the camp.
"Well Dango? Did you find yourself food this morning? If not I saw some real squirrels out there."
Dango looked at him with a growl, then stalked off into the woods. Dmitri shook his head and ate some fruit he picked off the trees.

Valkyrie quickly wrapped the cloak around herself and waited. She hated going back on a promise, but this guy was pushing it. He came back minutes later, her clothes in his arms. "Here you go. I think something must have taken them. You should be more careful." She grapped them and went to a more private spot to dress. She came back, but not after having drawn her sais and hiding them in her sleeves.
"Why would you steal my clothes? Just answer that one question for me."

Gives a small laugh. "Who says I took them.. perhaps it was the animals of the forest? I am a ranger after all. And you can put your weapons up," Dmitri gives her a smile. He tosses her a couple of apples which she catches.
"Eat those, we are leaving soon."

"Do you think I don't know the animals of this forest? I've lived here for several years. They would never pull a cheap trick like that on me." She sheathed her sais and began eating the apples taking only small bites and watching his reaction closely. He merely smiled.
"Do you think I would try to poison you? Hurry, or we'll leave without you."
"I have to tell the deer I'm leaving. They might be worried."
"There are no deer in this forest. Only ghosts."
"I know. They protect this forest and I have tried to help them while I have lived here. They've taught me a lot. You can come along if you wish." She left and headed for the clearing were they usually stayed.

Narrows his eyes at her back, decides to follow but won't let her know. He jumps into the trees silently, and just as silently jumps from branch to branch, from tree to tree, following her.

He follows her to the clearing where the deer spirits graze. He stops in the tree line, not wishing to follow any further and just watches. Wanting to see what ranger skills she may possess. He takes another apple from the pouch on his side and eats it in silence.

Valkyrie smiled at her old friends and calls to them. She kneels down to their levels as they walk slowly over.
"I'm very sorry I have to leave you," she whispered. "I'm going to continue my journey. Thank you for all you've done though. You're the closest thing I've ever had to a family. I'll come back as soon as I can. I promise." One of the spirits sniffed at the tears that had begun rolling down her cheeks. She wiped it away. "Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. I have Dmitri to look over me." Suddenly all their heads snapped upwards. She had felt the eyes in her back for some time. "He's the one who will protect me. Don't worry." She stood and walked away, daring not to look back. It would only hurt more.

Looks down at her as she approaches.
"Have a nice chat?" gives an amused look, he heard everything she said, wonders if she is right in trusting him so well. But he knows he won't harm the girl any. He has dubbed her as a good person.
He jumps down out of his tree and stands before her.
"Dango will catch up to us, he has some other business to tend to. I don't really know what a wolf demon has to do, and frankly I don't want to know. So we will continue on without him." He turns and starts walking back into the forest, to his destination.

"Don't listen in on my conversations again. It's embarassing." She still felt a slight sadness at having to leave. But if she ever wanted her revenge, she would have had to leave some time. But suddenly, she didn't want revenge. All she wanted was, ironically, a family. She wanted to take care of something. She could have told Dmitri about this, but it didn't seem very appropriate. Maybe she just wanted the responsibility of a family. It would give her a purpose in life. While thinking about all of this, they had emerged from the forest and were walking across a prairie.
"Is something wrong? You haven't said anything."
"What? Oh, nothing. I'm fine," she lied.

Dmitri gives a smile again. He knows she is lieing, he wonders if he should warn her of his slight psychic abilities. He decides he won't tell her just yet, and koows that he won't feel guilty for knowing her thoughts because quite frankly he had started ignoring his conscience long, long ago.
"Very well," he said evenly. Then continued the walk in silence. Thinking of what she thought about earlier. He wishes her luck in that, but also pities her. An adventurer can't have a family, he tried and his wife and children were murdered before his own eyes, while he was unable to help them.
He clenched his jaws, and put more steel and stone around his heart.

OOC: I'm gonna join, hope that's ok...here's my char.

Name: Saraneth

Race:Fallen Angel

Appearence:(5'11") A man with black hair and green eyes, he wears black chain mail, a black cloak, black boots, black pants, and has a sword sheathed (in black :P) at his side. Hew can transform into his (un)angelic form. He grows to be 7 feet tall, dresed in black plate armor, black feathered wings burst from his bck, and his sword becomes longer, turns from metal, to a black blade, wreathed in flames.

Weapons: his sword, magic

++EDIT++ sorry about the typo at the beginning of the post...heh heh:blush:

OOC: It really doesn't matter to me. If that's what everyone else wants, so be it.
IC: Valkyrie looked at Dmitri. He seemed more distant, colder than he had before. "Is something wrong? You seem, I don't know, further from me."
"Really?" He wondered if she had more secrets. "There is nothing wrong with me. But if you truly want a family, reconsider."
"Please, don't read my thoughts. It's...disconcerting." They continued on as the sun neared it's peak in the sky.

OOC: Wheee! I'm in!

Name: Orien Xel

Race: Half-Elf

Appearance: Average hieght, around 5'6", with a dark blue coat over a pure white tunic and black pants. he wears a breastplate over his chest, and there is a rapier at his side, however, his true power lies in maagic...Blue eyes, brown hair.

IC:[color=blue]Suddenly there was a bright flash of white light, and a man dressed in a drk blue cloak, white tunic, and black pants appeared. His well crafted features, and pointed ears revealed him to be a half-elf. His face, and clothing had a slight layer of ash on them. In fact, for about five feet around him, the ground was schorched.
He wiped the ash of himself, and then pulled out a white peice of cloth, which he used to wipe his face off.
"Damn transportation spells...never could get them right.."
He suddenly loks up, notcing the three for the first time. He steps forward, a smile on his lips.
Oh, excuse me...Allow me to introduce myslef. I am Orien Xel, sorcerer extrordinare..."
He bows, nodding to each in turn.[/color]