OtakuBoards

What level should my pok

Genkai

What level should my pokémon be at if I'm preparing to face mistsy and on the way to BILL's house.... I've alreadybeaten the nugget people and the rocket guy, gary, etc.. and the first trainer in Mistys gym(how many are there in that gym besides misty?).....

This is pokémon red, by the way. Right now most of my pokémon are at 17...I have one 18, one 19, one 22, and three 17s...

Is that good? Should I fight misy, train more, go to Bill first???

Thanks.

[color=indigo]Well, it depends somewhat on which starter Pokémon you chose. If you chose Bulbasaur you'll have a much easier time beating Misty, and as such, not need to be as high a level as if you chose Squirtle or (especially) Charmander.

Any easy way to find out if you need to level up, though, is to just battle Misty once. If you lose horribly, that means you need to go up a couple levels. If you almost beat her, just try again a few times until you manage to beat her. (If you lose, you can just reset your game so that you don't lose half your money).[/color]

• 1 month later...
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Well, I always like to keep my Pokemon's levels higher than the first pokemon in the Gym Leader's party. I'm at Koga's in Blue Version, and they're all at Level 31.

Though, I usually boost up the ones I'm not going to use up a level before battling the Gym Leader, so I don't have to worry about them lagging behind. ^_^;;;[/color] [/size]

[color=royalblue]A good measure of how high your Pokémon levels should be is to fight the underlings at the Gym. They all are at levels somewhat close to that of the Gym Leader. I would think you'd want to have your levels at least 6-10 levels higher than that. That way, you can be assured an easy victory. If you so happen to have a weakness to the particular Gym, you may want to train a bit more than that.

Edit- Oo; I just noticed that this is about a month old. I think it's safe to say he's past Misty, so I think I'll close this now....[/color]