OtakuBoards

Newbies

Ayokano

I'd say that you need to politely post that newbies who have not signed up are unwelcome guests and state that until they do sign up and enter legitimately, their characters may not be very safe from the locals. . .~.^ That usually works well.

Also, once this announcement has been posted, ask a mod to deal with the newbie posts. Since it's in the rules of the board (IIRC) that people participating in the RPG threads must sign up first, that would be yet another way of dealing with the problem.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Get rid of the whole damn forum!.... Ah that'll never happen though... My dream is over. [/B][/QUOTE]

*chuckles* Why do that? Then I'd be homeless and alone ;)

Anyway~
I agree with Milliefan. However, you really don't need to notify a mod. The fact is that most people don't read the rules before posting, so if you point the said newbie in the right direction they'll get the idea and do it properly from then onwards. Not a drastic situation...

The only case in which to notify a mod would be if they basically said "haha, i don't care" and carried on posting in your roleplay. That's harassment and [i]is[/i] against the rules.

I suppose that's my 2 cents ^_^

[color=#808080]If someone posts in your RPG without your permission (if you've chosen to designate who will join), then you should tell them that they aren't allowed in. If they ignore you, PM Warlock (the forum's moderator).

However, you must remember to explicitly state whether or not you are choosing members. Some RPGs are "open sign ups", where the creator doesn't choose members, but accepts all who sign up.

So there could be confusion there. So, make sure that you clearly state your intentions within the recruitment thread. And, as always, if there are any problems, notify the forum's Moderator.[/color]

[size=1][color=darkblue] Here are three things you can try if you're stuck with unwelcome RPG'ers all the time, I personally like the second one :p

1) Ignore them and their posts, they will hopefully get the message.

2) kill of their characters or humiliate thier characters in gruesome and horrifying ways (such and such slips on a banana and is killed by a mop, for example.)

3) Let them in!, 1nclude y0 fellow noob13s!

* The "Gruesome Killing of Unwelcome RPG'ers Awareness Association" makes no apologies to the "I like to get Killed by Mops Association" for using their unfortunate fetish as an example. seeing as most of it's member have already died by the mop.* [/size][/color]