Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
well, iv been thinking a lot lately (wow!) and iv come to the conclusion that i have no idea what Crim's weapon is. Iv heard been called a spear many times and iv even heard it been called one of those things the grim reeper uses. But what is it really called???
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vashstampede [/i]
[B]If it's what the Grim Reaper uses which I doubt it is it's called a scythe. But otherwise it's called a standard I think. [/B][/QUOTE]


Krim uses a weapon called a glaive. A scythe has a curved blade at a 90-degree angle to the pole.
Posted
a glaive. Thanks i'll have to remember that. Yeah, my friend at school just wouldnt stop complaining that it was a scyth. I was positive that it wasnt one. Thanks again
Posted
A glaive when i was first invented was a metal staff with a blade on the top. The blade was curved and was about 2' in length. the curve is very noticable from a far. and has two back curves. and 60 years after it was invented due to the weight prob. it was changed to wooden staff instead of metal.
Posted
I have never seen a real glaive either. I only know it is a glave because Shenlong Gundam (from Gundam Wing) carried a Beam Glaive.

I think it would look better if Krim had a Naganata. It is basically the same as a glaive, but the main blade is thinner and is backed up by a smaller blade facing the other direction. IIRC Sailor Saturn (from Sailor Moon) carried a Naganata.
Posted
well, a glaive is very similiar to the spear with one thing exceptional, a spear is more round in his end, and the glaive has a blade in his end. this is the only difference and this is why people ussualy get mixed with them. this is deffinatly a glaive crim is using. a sythe is for the grain, but longer, you know all this talking reminds me of diablo 2 lol... its a good game, but has nothing to do with this pos..
Posted
[color=#808080]But "heavy spear" is not what the weapon would be called in real life; it's just for the purposes of the anime/game.

Having said that, I don't even know if his weapon is a real life weapon. If it is, then it's got a proper name, I guess.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#808080]
Having said that, I don't even know if his weapon is a real life weapon. If it is, then it's got a proper name, I guess.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]


His weapon is a real one. As stated above it is a glaive. The only difference is the blade on it is shorter.
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
yeah, in the show they call it a Heavy Spear, but it is really a glaive. They probably thought Heavy Spear would be better because of Heavy blade and Heavy axeman and stuff like that.
Posted
Ren from Shaman King uses a similar thing.. I can't remember its exact name, but I'm pretty sure it originated in China... ^_^ I'm too lazy to get up off my butt and do research through my Shonen Jump. *sigh*
Posted
ok, In the TV show Crim is a long arm class because of his weapons appearance. In the first episode Crim appears is he say "Hi im Crim, master of the heavy spear..." Well, it seems they call it a heavy spear because most people dont know what a glaive is. The weapon Crim uses is a glaive actually. Not a heavy Spear. Go to google and look up the images.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...