OtakuBoards

Why is it like this...?

DarK DeatH

I was wondering, why do people sometimes give NO feedback at all for threads and things like that? I mean, I'm a newbie, registered in less than 3 weeks I think, and I had already 2 or 3 threads which no one gave any feedback... Or only one person did... I mean, when you ask for feedback, people who don't know how to help should at least say they can't help and maybe point out someone or some website that can... Is it that hard to do that?

[size=1]Well ifyou wnated people to say that they can't help you rather than not post at all, we'd just end up with pages of posts saying "I can't help you."

And then you'd have trouble finding the no-helpers from the people who would respond with useful feedback.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DarK DeatH [/i]
[B]...I mean, when you ask for feedback, people who don't know how to help should at least say they can't help and maybe point out someone or some website that can...[/B][/QUOTE]
Hmm... I think that part was well explained, right? Pointing out sites that can help is quite easy I think...

[color=green]People may not even KNOW of any sites that can help you, so they don't bother to reply. Ever think of that?--

You can't expect others to know everything. Maybe things you are asking or posting up don't make sense or are too hard for others to know.Oo If you get no feedback, it usually means nobody can help you, it doesn't mean everyone on the boards are cruel and rude.--

Maybe you should think about what you're posting, and whether anyone would really know anything about it. If you seriously think they do, then by all means post it, but if you get no feedback or replies, it obviously means they don't.[/color]

Sorry Dark Death, I have to say I do know what you mean. I will try and make sure I reply to your posts though. I try and reply anything to anyone if I have something to say in that specific thread. But, it's okay, just don't worry about it for now, you're almost going to be at another status other than newbie, so if it is that, then just keep posting!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DarK DeatH [/i]
[B]Pointing out sites that can help is quite easy I think... [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Yes but part of that has to do with the rules.
You can't link to sights that have content theOtaku.com doesn't have. (I mean animé)

But if people couldn't help you, they probably wouldn't have a website to suggest.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kaola Su [/i]
[B]...you're almost going to be at another status other than newbie...[/B][/QUOTE] Hey, I'm not worried about being a newbie or not... I'm just saying that people should look at people's threads more... I've seen lots of threads with only 1 or even no replies at all... I mean, people know things don't they? Is it possible that so many threads have just very few replies if there are so many members here?

But also Dark DeatH that poeple may make seem uninteresting and nobody will reply. With the Banner request i would love to learn how and stuff, but i have no one to teach me. With that it show that certain thing not many people know about. But your right that people should give feed back but sometime that feedback do nnot make sence or really stupid response.

[color=#808080]OtakuBoards is a relatively free place, in the sense that people can choose which threads they want to reply to.

Nobody can change that. I can't force people to reply to questions if they choose not to; it's just how the boards work.

I don't know what else I can say - it's the members who decide which threads get replies and which ones don't. I don't think you can really blame anyone for that. You might also want to look at the questions you're asking; either people don't know the answers or you're asking something redundant (or something that's only just been answered a few threads back).

Members are not always going to sit down and go through that sort of thing with you for various reasons. And really, they shouldn't have to either.[/color]

Yea I know what Dark Death means, but you have to take into consideration that even though someone doesnt reply in like a day, not everyone was on that day. So just give it some time and people will post, eventually.

No no no... I don't mean a day... I mean a week or even more... Ya know, I can be really patient, but I believe that, after a week, the thread will be on bottom of the page already, and most people don't look at those bottom threads... So that is what I mean... If you search in the Art and Design forum for some Flash thread started by me, you will see that there is only one reply for it...

[size=1][color=darkblue] So, no one wants to reply to your threads?

o_O;;

I don't see a problem here.

I am a [i]member[/i] and threads i post here still only get 1 or 2 replies sometimes. People reply to what interests [i]them[/i]. as for your flash thread, I'll have a look at it, since i'm pretty average tih flash. that's another possibility, that it wasn't seen.[/size][/color]

[size=1]It can be frustrating not to get replies. Been there, nyeh. Sometimes the strangest threads can go on for pages, while something else won't get a single post. Some threads that no one is really interested in will get a handful of replies simply because the person who posted has been around for a while.

As for more specific instances...your name threw me off for a while. Anything with varying caps and lowercase tends to be a lower priority for me. *crooked smile* Unfair, maybe, but true.[/size]

Oh well, it varies only on first and last letters ^^;; And I don't see a problem with names at all... I care more for the "subject" than for who is posting it...
And Shinji, thanks, but after all, I could figure how to do what I wanted ^^;; I was just saying an example of a thread with no reply...

*remebers avatar and banner thread he recently made*

I got zero replies to that and I've been here over a year. It doesn't bother me anymore. People either looked at my stuff and said:

"Wow, that boatload of cr@p doesn't even warrant a reply."
or
"Hey that's cool. Whoops dinner's ready! Gotta go!"

Help threads usually get a few responces. There are the minorities that don't.

[size=1]whatever...[/size]

Eh. I can spend a long time getting a thread together (look at some of my music or game ones) and be lucky to get 2 or 3 repsonses sometimes. I even put in pictures and everything else. This place isn't busy enough, and people often don't share the same interests.

You won't see me adding much in the way of discussion to Linkin Park threads, but everyone else here seems to love them. It works the same way both ways, and I think is rather understandable. Usually there are a couple responses at the least, but you never know.

Based on my experiences here, no one honestly does know much about Flash. I personally know Flash and Director, but I honestly never saw your thread, and I'm sure I wouldn't be of much help. If no one else knows the program, then why would they respond? There is little reason to post if you have nothing of value to say, and even less reason for them to put a link up about something they know nothing about. I mean, what would they do? Search in Google and tell you some site looks good? You could do that easily on your own.

So this isn't something I'd get worked up over. It happens to everyone here, and you can't really expect any differently. It's a living community and you can't just force it to work in a certain way that it normally wouldn't.

If you were some guy on the street and asked me about Flash, and I knew nothing about it... I'd say so. I think that if no one replies to you in a thread, either they simply don't care or they just don't know... and in either of those cases, you don't really need their limited thoughts and opinions anyway.

I personally think that there's not much that's more annoying than someone that posts something that's an equivalent of "I don't know."