OtakuBoards

Quick Attatchments?

Hyper

[size=1]Since we have those quick-reply boxes at the bottom of a thread, shouldn't there be one for quick attachments too? It would be much easier than having to click new post.

Well, much more [i]convenient[/i].

Not that I use attachments a lot, but I'm sure other members might enjoy that feature.[/size]

[color=#808080]It's a nice idea, but not something we're going to include anytime soon.

I say that primarily because there are a ton of other things we have to do that are going to have a greater impact on the boards. But eithe I'm busy, or Justin's busy...and it doesn't get done on time. So we're trying our best to get around the time issues.

In addition, a quick attachment feature could potentially be a problem with mass spammers (you know, attaching a million files to threads everywhere within five minutes). That's not the reason we don't have the feature right now (because it's a risk we'd probably be willing to take), but it's a risk regardless.[/color]

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=hotpink]Nice idea Hypy. I think that would be convieniant. ( I can't spell) Well James, do what you can.

Whoa, there is a lot we ask of you, isn't there? *hugs James*

-CL

James: Take it Easy.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

I'd be afraid people would abuse it. Less work to stick in some images just for the sake of hosting somewhere else... I'm still surprised by how often I see that.

At the same time, 99% of my posts are from the Quick Reply box... so it'd be helpful for me heh.

[color=indigo]Almost all of my posts are posted using the quicky reply feature too, but I don't think a quick attachment feature would be all that more convenient. I mean, really, how often do you need to attach something? I barely ever post attachments, and when I do want to post up an image or images, I usually just use [img] tags.[/color]

[size=1]The vast majority of my posts are quick reply, but I don't mind spending the extra thirteen seconds using the attachment feature on the regular reply page. Chances are, even if the "quick attachment" option was added, I wouldn't use it. Habit. [/size]