OtakuBoards

Naruto

Phantom

Since I have not seen anyone ask about a Naruto section, however I see Naruto-based names springing up all over the place.. I figured since I am doing nothing else at the moment, why not suggest a NARUTO! section, or subsection in the anime forums.

From the last year I have noticed how one anime comes as another leaves... Maybe we could do something cool like vote on anime sections per season/year/somthinglikethat.

It would be cool if we could make an anuall section voting...Since anime changes all the time, it might be a great way to maximize the effectiveness of the forums, not giving any one particular section too little attention. :)

I was thinking besides my idea, Naruto has been getting very popular...since it is currently still an on-going anime (not sure if the manga is done, prolly is..im just too lazy to read manga :)) It might be a really good choice on adding.

Im suggesting because I honestly think that it has great potential.

If there has already been a thread about naruto, its not in the suggestions forum main viewing area at the moment :-D

[size=1]I actually really like this idea... See who wants what forum, and if any get enough 'votes' or whatnot give them a bit of a trial. If they don't get posts, or anything, delete them... It'd be a good way to see what would be popular...[/size]

[size=1][font=century gothic][color=gray] Naruto? What's that? Perhaps you could elaborate? It's an anime series, yes, but [i]why[/i] does it deserve its own forum?

Eh. Yeah, I'll be on my way now.[/size][/font][/color]

I dont know really, from my personal watching experience, if there was an anime to deserve it's own forum, it would be Hikaru no Go. But evidently anime otaku's ways dont seem to revolve around the anime's quality but it's popularity (maybe that is revolved around quality?). I think Naruto is a young anime which is going to be very popular...very very popular :)
That is why that I think it should deserve it's own section.

But as I said in my first post .(total idea popped up halfway through so I was too lazy to change title, hehe.) An anime series voting scenario would be really good. one anime can only be talked about for so long before something new is needed to say.

Well, given that as my basis of arguement. I dont really think Naruto yet has what it takes :) I do think that my idea is super good and is worth looking at :)

• 3 weeks later...
[color=darkblue][size=1]A Naruto section seems good, but most likely not yet. Not yet because it's not [i]as[/i] popular as say Dragonball/Z/GT, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, etc. Naruto is a manga/anime. I've only read a couple of the Manga in the American Shonen Jump, but I liked the way the art and story was made.

In Shonen Jump it says:
[b]Naruto first appeared in 1999 in Japan in [i]Weekly Shonen Jump[/i] magazine. Twelve years ago, a giant fox demon with nine tails attacked the village of Konohagakure, where the stealthiest ninjas in the world are trained. Defeated by the Hokage, the village champion, the mighty demon's soul was sealed into the body of a newly born human boy: Naruto Uzumaki. Now, Naruto is an adolescent with one driving goal: to become the greatest ninja that Konohagakure has ever known, and be recognized as the next Hokage.[/b]

Some of the main characters of Naruto are Uzumaki Naruto, Uchiha Sasuke, Haruno Sakura and, of course, their Team 7 leader Hatake Kakashi. That's the information I know about it.[/size][/color]

[size=1]That's not a bad idea, actually. We could make a big Event at the end of the calendar year, and the most popular anime/gaming series would be made. The problem is that people [i]wanting[/i] a Naruto forum is completely different from them [i]oisting[/i] in one. Even though Yu Yu Hakusho is extremely popular right now, only a few people regularly post in the forum. .hack//SIGN is doing a little better, but it all depends on the series. Digimon is considered a children's series, whuke it is actually our most popular anime forum.

[url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=24654]A Naruto thread in Anime Lounge only has seven posts, so there isn't much of a demand right now.[/url]

-Shy[/size]

Is the Naruto anime series even out in the US yet? I've only seen a few fansubbed episodes... I doubt it really needs its own forum until it's fully released here (if it hasn't been already), but that's just my opinion.