OtakuBoards

Rule enforcement request

MillieFan

Could you please make it against the rules of the board to post that victims of crimes such as rape, murder, and unwilling hazing "got what they deserved" or "were asking for it?"

Such posts serve no purpose except to start flamewars between these coldhearted persons of low intellectual stature and their fellow posters who have a bit more humanity and common sense than they.

:angel:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MillieFan [/i]
[B]Could you please make it against the rules of the board to post that victims of crimes such as rape, murder, and unwilling hazing "got what they deserved" or "were asking for it?"

Such posts serve no purpose except to start flamewars between these coldhearted persons of low intellectual stature and their fellow posters who have a bit more humanity and common sense than they.

:angel: [/B][/QUOTE]

I have to agree. Some of the threads have been a little more graphic the I would have prefered. But the one about the friends getting raped, that was just asking for help, that wasnt really bad.

I've never really understood while people post that anyway. They always follow a comment like that with "I don't care about it though" or something to that extent. Even in the thread about your friend.

If you don't care, why the hell do you post? Especially something so needlessly negative?

I have a lot more I could say about that sort of stuff, but I'll keep it to myself lol.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MillieFan [/i]
[B]Such posts serve no purpose except to start flamewars between these coldhearted persons of low intellectual stature [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]Hahaha. Child, you know not the true wrath of coldheated, and if you did you would not speak its name so vainly. '

So basically you're saying that if someone has an opinon other than yours, that you want it deleted? Sort of like a tantruming child that has **** it's pants?

They serve a purpose, the purpose is an opinon, and opinons cannot be wrong since 'wrong' itself is an opinon.

This thread should be closed, because biasedly deleteing posts on the basis of 'cold-hearted'ness is just as stupid to me as deleteing posts on the basis of 'overwhelming happiness'.

*licks his lips* Tasty little children when they roast.

*walks away*[/color]

[quote]So basically you're saying that if someone has an opinon other than yours, that you want it deleted?[/quote]

No. I'm saying that some posts are pointless and offensive. For example, a post in a thread for fans of a particular anime that said "I don't care about this stupid tripe. My favorite anime is much better than that one! Why don't you all go jump in a lake!" would be justly deleted as spam.

As Semjaza said, if you don't care, don't post.

[color=crimson]Technically, posts that are just "I hate this!" and have no explination for the dissatisfaction, should be delated.

But if they back up their opinon with some sort of speech or whatever, then unless its full of very offensive material it can slide.

but if you see any of the "I hate this!11" posts, report it and let it get deleted. ^_^[/color]

[color=#808080]I'd have to go with Desbreko on this one.

Even though people here are allowed to express opinions, it must be done in an appropriate way. Saying something deliberately inflammatory like "I hate this" or something something simplistic like "I like this" is just pointless.

In all cases, you've got to explain yourself a little. I don't think it's much to ask.

As far as Millie's suggestion...I think we have enough rules as-is. I'm not prepared to rule out people's expression of opinion, because if I start with that...where do I stop? The aim is not to rule out people's expression of views, it's to rule out deliberate flaming/rudeness to others.

I think you can express your view without being directly rude and inflammatory to others, which is what we should be encouraging.[/color]