Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hataki Vash: I did already, see the first page, second banner.

Sara: Your banner looks nice, a bit big, but nice.
I think you should make the background images blend more and be less blurred.

Come on people, post more banners! :P
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DarK DeatH [/i]
[B]BTW, Syk3, the Vash banner doesn't look that good because of the background color... Try to use a faint yellow or red maybe, or just white... Other than that it is good. And the bottom one is very good, nothing wrong about it.[/B][/QUOTE]
When I made it, I think I was originally going for a color that would be familiarized with OtakuBoards, preferably light blue. After that, things sort of fell into place. I can always edit the colors, though, maybe a dark red would look nice.
Posted
Done. I might edit it a bit further after I look at it on my other computer, but I think this is what you all are talking about. It only took me about 10 minutes for the recoloring; I just had to go to my soccer game in the middle of editing it. :p

(edited a tad)[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=404765[/img]
Posted
Only problem with it is if was to be used it would look very cut off. Also putting a little line before "Rules" and after "calender" would be better. Hmmm... red text on red BG is kinda hard to read but that should due :P. And maybe a little more spiffyness to the banner o.o? Just subtle stuff.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hittokiri Zero [/i]
[B]Only problem with it is if was to be used it would look very cut off. Also putting a little line before "Rules" and after "calender" would be better. Hmmm... red text on red BG is kinda hard to read but that should due :P. And maybe a little more spiffyness to the banner o.o? Just subtle stuff. [/B][/QUOTE]
It's always something, isn't it? lol

I'm going to leave it the way it is, since I might as well make a new one if we are going to fuss about the old one.:cross: I changed the color of the text to red because the blue would seem out of place. Besides, I think the text looks fine against the lighter background; I actually edited the phrase a few minutes ago since it was too much like the background. *shrug*
Posted
[color=9999cc]Hittokiri, you aught to post up a submission. I know you're well capable of pulling something awesome off. I gotta see what Logan has to say about this so far, it's going quite well.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE]So..*clear throat* newbie question...How do I make a banner and set it up? [/QUOTE]
I'd put my money on:
1. Get picture(s) that you want in the banner
2. Open your graphics program, and make a new document banner-size
3. Act like you know what you are doing and/or play with transparency, colors, and other effects of the sort.
4. Post.
(At least, that's what I would do...)
Posted
Well Syk3 i'll agree with you and say the Red does look better because it matches Vash's wicked trench coat ^_^'. But atleast I think you can do better. Hmmm... maybe I will post something up x__X...
Posted
Well, I decided to make 3 entries, this one was just a ... well...a rushed version.....Im going to be making a much cleaner one later on.

[color=teal]EDIT:[/color] This is the second version, this one took me ages to edit the spike pic, I think it came out nice looking though.

[color=teal]Kenji, you know the rules perfectly well by now to know that you should at least wait for someone else to post. I kept the second post because the banner was so much better. -Syk3[/color]
Posted
Too small =\. It's intresting but the faded picture doesn't quite flow. @ 1st Kaisuke banner

@ 2nd Kaisuke Banner ---> Ooooh Simple, reminds me of my Onegai Teacher sig x__X. Add some vectors or something to that orange space. Small text is pleasent though ;)
Posted
[color=9999cc]Capital 'O' Kenji ;). The first ones a bit dark, and the text is hard to read, i quite like the second one. It's eyecatching.[/color]
Posted
Kaisuke: The first one is best, and the second one is better than the third one... All those round stuff didn't go very well...
How come it took you so long to edit Spike's pic? Shouldn't be that hard at all...
Posted
If you want the edges to look smooth you do. you have to cut out the background, then I went over it all with the pencil tool so I could get the smoothest edge possible.
Posted
[color=red][font=times new roman]Yeah I def like what you did with the vash banner Syk...The red suits him very nicely...And I can read the text fine...I cant wait to see if you make a new one :D

And wow kaisuke very nice banners...The first Has an interesting background but its abit too hard to see the pic and the otakuboards text...

And I really love the 2nd/3rd one...Just as good as the onegai one...the white and orange go together so well very pleasing on the eyes...

I think I like the 3rd better then the second cause the second just looks alittle too empty...Im really looking forward to your third one :cool:

And Ill agree with Zeh...post up one im sure you could make a great one Hittokiri :p [/color][/font]
Posted
OK, I've put this one on my other thread already, but yeah, tell me about it... It was commented by a few people also already...
[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=404923[/img]
Posted
[IMG]http://apoco.250free.com/OBbanner01.png[/IMG]
^its a lil plain to the left, but it took me sum time to make this... didnt know what to put left...
Posted
[color=9999cc]You're right, it is a little plain on the left, which is the biggest space. Stick a pic of Hatake Kakashi on it, he makes everything look cool. I think i already commented on yours, didn't i DD? (in the other thread)[/color]
Posted
Well I'm not sure if this will be my final entry but I do like it. I thought I'd try something diffrent and use green since most of you seemed to have used blue. I used only two pictures, one of which is from Reloaded'. I choose to use it because not many people added movies ect to theirs, though its not Anime it is however a forum here and would therefore be considered a part of OB. So yeah. -.-;

I realize that the quote is similar to Syk's but that was simply a coinsidence. I was thinking of The Matrix when I came up with it.

Right, well, please tell me what you think. ^_^
Posted
[color=9999cc]I don't really like the black-ish pic on the left, it takes away from the banner. The 2003 text could use some work too. It's not all that bad though, the colors are good and i like the corner-thing you did :)[/color]
Posted
[color=red][font=times new roman]Well D_A your right thats alot of negative space there on the left...It really needs some kinda something in that area to spice it up :D But I do like the blur effect and that very nice high quality pic of vash...But just like syk's vash banner it needs a diff color besides blue...Blue and vash dont mix so well ;)

SPX I like what youre trying to do with the green it looks nice...But I dont like that black pic and kenshin doesnt match too well with the green...

All the rest of it I really like though just not those particular pics you used for it :p [/color][/font]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...