Samgee Gamwise Posted May 31, 2003 Posted May 31, 2003 Just looking for words of advice for improvement. Attached is banner I made using AS3, the original image I concocted in PSP (v.7). Sorry about the SIZE:wigout:. [IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/alt/samgee/images/Flag.gif[/IMG] And if that don't work: [URL=http://www.angelfire.com/alt/samgee/images/Flag.gif]Click here[/URL]
Syn Posted May 31, 2003 Posted May 31, 2003 It looks really nice but the ending spoils it a lot with that cheap starburst effect thing >>;
KittyLynn Posted May 31, 2003 Posted May 31, 2003 [SIZE=1][COLOR=dodgerblue]I think the endinnd starburst thing was a great way to finish it. ^^;; I really liked it. Toodles CL[/COLOR][/SIZE]
PiroMunkie Posted June 1, 2003 Posted June 1, 2003 [size=1]*goes cross-eyed from watching it* I agree that the star-burst at the end kind of cheapens the whole thing, but the rest is pretty much hypnotic... @.@[/size]
DarK DeatH Posted June 1, 2003 Posted June 1, 2003 I agree about the starburst being not good... I mean, it is all cool and psycothic and then, something common like the starburst there just pops up... That made it worse... Maybe you could try to keep the cycle of it, like if there was no end...
Desbreko Posted June 1, 2003 Posted June 1, 2003 [color=indigo]Wow, you finally made a good animated banner. ;) *claps* . . . *with one hand* :p Hmm. . . . I think it'd be better if, at the end, it split up into the three parts but the parts were narrower. And then instead of getting narrower and narrower until they disappear, they'd get shorter and shorter until they disappear at the center.[/color]
Arkadyz Posted June 1, 2003 Posted June 1, 2003 [color=red][font=times new roman]***waiting for it to d/l*** and waiting...Ah finally...Thats looks pretty cool...But ill have to agree with the rest...It would be cool if it just kinda kept going indefinetly instead of just ending and restarting...Id be more interesting atleast to me :D [/font][/color]
Samgee Gamwise Posted June 1, 2003 Author Posted June 1, 2003 Here's three more "versions" made after reading down through DarK DeatH's advice. (someone please tell me that inserting an image tag into this reply does not make it load the image onto the server, I would feel horrible if I was the source of an OtakuCrash) [IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/alt/samgee/images/Flag2.gif[/IMG] And if that don't work: [URL=http://www.angelfire.com/alt/samgee/images/Flag2.gif]Click here[/URL] [IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/alt/samgee/images/Flag3.gif[/IMG] And if that don't work: [URL=http://www.angelfire.com/alt/samgee/images/Flag3.gif]Click here[/URL] [IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/alt/samgee/images/Flag4.gif[/IMG] And if that don't work: [URL=http://www.angelfire.com/alt/samgee/images/Flag4.gif]Click here[/URL] I cannot decide on one, the first two are nearly the same, and the last one just seems to plain. Help!:( P.S. I'll be making a fifth one to satisfy Dessy's "needs" soon. :cross:
Spikey Posted June 1, 2003 Posted June 1, 2003 [COLOR=purple]They're all very good. I think they should be like Desbreko said, but it diming out, and not faiding out, so the light would dim out to dark and just have it all dissolve. But that's just me, you do what you want. Good-job.[/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now