Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I'm sure many of you are manga fans, so I wanted to talk about Tokyopop. Recently, Tokyopop held a contest in America for aspira manga-kas and as a result, have produced "Rising Stars of Manga" featuring short stories by U.S. manga fans. Has anyone read this book? If so, what do you think. Also, would you like to be a manga-ka (creator) yourself? What type of ideas do you have?
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]I've always wanted to start my own manga, but I never had the patience. I have an awesome storyline that would be great because it's a story I wrote when I was a kid that would be so cute as a manga series, but you know, I never bothered to try. Maybe I should have...maybe I should now? It's not like I have a stupid job or anything... >.<

I haven't picked up the book yet, but I am interested in reading it.[/color][/size]
Posted
The compilation manga is interesting, since you see everything other people did. I would have bought it if I had money just so I could study the differences, styles, etc. but since I didn't, I just skimmed through it in Borders.
Yes, I would like to be a manga-ka, no I don't think it'll happen... still, I did think up a sweet plot.
Posted
I'd love to create my own manga! I'm already in the process of writing scripts develping characters and everything. There's only one problem. (Which happens to be a major problem) I can't draw. >.<
Posted
I create my own Manga all the time. I entered for that Rising Stars of Manga.... but mine didn't make it :bawl: But that one wasn't very good... by far it was probably my worst. But at the time it was all I had.
Posted
Eh..I wanted to make my own manga, but despite the artistic talent I'm quite proud of, I can't seem to generate an original story line.
-_-;;. Someday perhaps...
Posted
I've created about nine manga so far.. but I haven't gotten published at all. I'm plannng on entering the contest, but I probably won't win. I'm having to create somethin totally different, and it's hard to stay within the 20-page maximum. The manga I'm submitting is called Dance of Lights. Either that or Dance of the Lights. Not sure about the 'the' or not. It's a very strange genre, something of ghost story, but then not really. Well, that's the end of my post!
Posted
[size=1] Yeah, I'm working on that. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to submit it this year, since I'm still at Duke and I don't have to work on it here. Even when I get back, I have to go back to school almost immediately and I haven't even finished the outline sketch of it. I'm also thinking of just working on a long-term project, since we're writing a story here and I like the plot I've come up with.[/size]
Posted
Eh, after a second glance at the Rising Stars of Manga compilation, the aspiring artists tend to get things out of proportion, but hey, who am I to talk about it?
Good luck all of you entering this year!
Posted
:D I'm either gonna make a manga or a game, I've got these characters I've been working on for years ad I only need to work out the fine details and remove the final hints of fanfiction. I already started making a game of it in The Games Factory, but it sucks, I don't have a clue what I'm doing. :D
Posted
Could someone help me with the title of my manga? Which sounds better: Dance of Lights or Dance of the Lights? I'm on the second page so far, about to go to the third, and I am proud to say I think I have come up with an original storyline! But... no offense, I don't wanna tell anyone. My idea.
Posted
Personally, I think 'Dance of the Lights' sounds better. I can't wait to know what it's about! You'll have to message it to me or something when you are ready to show it to the public.
Guest muemosyne
Posted
Heya, newbie here... me first posting ever...
I would love to be a manga-ka. I'm working on a manga story which I posted on fictionpress. ([url]www.fictionpress.com/~muemosyne[/url]) Like Half_Shaded, I can't draw either but I've a friend who's a great artist and she promised to help me with this manga someday. ( of course, someday could be very far off in the future...)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...