Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
What in your opinion was the best duel in anime history. This excludes nothing and can range from DBZ to any mecha one wishes. My pic yould have to be Wing Zero and Epyon in the last Episode of Gundam Wing. Second would be both Spike Speigel and Vicious fights since they kinda tie in together.
Posted
I believe some of the best duels can be found in Rurouni Kenshin. The Kenshin/Saito fight has to be one of the best fight scenes ever animated.
The same can be said for Kenshin's fight with Shishio.

There is also a very good arial mech duel towards the end of Macross Plus. The amount of detail put into that fight scene boggled the mind.
Posted
Two of my favorites are the fight between Vash and [spoiler]Knives, in the last episode of Trigun, (I love how pretty the Angel Arms look...)[/spoiler] and the last fight between Spike and Vicious in Cowboy Bebop.
For mech battles, I'd have to pick in End of Evangelion where Asuka fought the military and [spoiler]the MP Eva series[/spoiler]. I really love that scene...though I hate how it ends...
Posted
Not that i care but there has to be a thread of this that has been made already...anyway though mine has to be probably Spike and Vicious (episode 5) or Spike and Vincent(2nd meeting). Both were amazing and showed the feelings of each character towards one another. Another part of me wants to include Yusuke and the 4th saint beast (cant believe i forgot his name i just saw the episode for like the 4th time but i dont want to look it up right now) because of the quotes Yusake says during that fight.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by pbfrontmanvdp [/i]
[B]Another part of me wants to include Yusuke and the 4th saint beast (cant believe i forgot his name i just saw the episode for like the 4th time but i dont want to look it up right now) because of the quotes Yusake says during that fight. [/B][/QUOTE]

That guy's name is Suzaku.

My favorite fight scenes would have to be anything between Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru. Not only do they look awesome, but they both have really cool attacks. I like that whip that Sess uses (the one that comes out of his fingers). :devil:

I also really liked the fight between Yusuke and Jin in the tourney (haha I said tourney) in Yu Yu Hakusho. Jin's wind abilities made it seem like he was invulnerable to any of Urameshi's attacks.
Posted
[color=indigo]I tried to narrow it down to one specific duel...but I was unable to do it, so her are my top three duels...

1. Spike vs. Vicious: The final episode of Cowboy Bebop ends with one of the coolest fight scenes in anime history. I had to include this as one of my favorite duels because it seems so realistic, and it is really cool how he repeatedly blocks Vicious katana attack by using his gun.

2. Vegeta vs. Goku...Saiyan Saga: The greatest DBZ saga has the best fight scene. The first fight between Vegeta and Goku establishes who the two key strong men will be the entire series...Vegeta's biting remarks and Goku's Kaioken tecnique really make this fight really cool.

3. Guts and Griffith: The first fight scene between Guts and Griffith does not end in bloodshed, instead it ends with Griffith leaping on Guts' sword and pointing his own blade at his adversary's throat.[/color]
Guest XBebop
Posted
My Fav: Spike Vs Vicious. i'm not going to say why becuase Heaven's Cloud already explained it..
Posted
[color=crimson]Hmmm...I think the duel between Altron Gundam(piloted by Wufei) and Tallgeese(piloted by Treize) was my favorite duel. The end of it made me cry a bit.
The fight between Hiei and...Wu(?)...was really cool. The way it was done was cool. Go Hiei!
I also like the Genkai and Toguro fight. That was a really good fight, Genkai used her best moves, which are pretty cool. That one also made me cry.

~Lumi ^_^[/color]
Posted
I loved Juri and Utena's duel. For the first time in that series I though Utena might actually lose.

It's insignifigant in the grand scheme of animes, but I really like the fight between Ryoko and Azumi from the first episode of Real Bout Highschool.

Rayearth vs. Regalia in the second season of Magic Knight Rayearth. Truly some of the best mech fights I've seen.
Posted
the best duel was wing zero vs altron custom.
spike vs vicious matchups werent that good in my opinion. because each time he fought vicious (spoiler)[COLOR=silver]he was already shot like 5 times and in the last episode he could barely see and still won[/COLOR]
Guest The Vietnamese
Posted
I don't understand how kenshin battles could be interesting. All you see is a bunch of floating still bodies when they slash. I own the Samurai X film. So I should know. Same with Samurai Shodown. These 2 movies bore the hell out of me.

If you want interesting fights, you should watch street fighter films and nightwarrior films. They show almost all the frames of a fight, not some slow motion floating bodies. Those get boring after a while

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...