OtakuBoards

Advice Forum?

XeEmO

I know this may sound stupid but i've noticed that over the past few days there have been a lot of threads from people asking for advice in the general forum. I mean face it a lot of people ask for advice here. I guess it doesn't really matter either way to me but it might get kind of annoying if the general forum is filled up with posts like that. Just a thought...

It already is annoying, if you ask me. We've replaced depression with love threads. It's probably even worse.

I don't think it deserves its own forum... but a single thread dedicated to all that nonsense would be nice heh.

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]*nods* I agree. A single thread would be better. There's already like, five or six threads on crushes and guy/girl problems. x.x;

Yeah, I don't think it deserves its own forum. Especially since so many people seem bothered just by seeing five or six threads in the Otaku Lounge.[/color] [/size]

Yeah, a single thread would be fine with me too. Whatever stops it from taking over the Otaku Lounge.

Edit: If it turns into a single thread why not have a rule that you can't post advice but only PM it? The people that need advice can post about it on the thread. It would be a lot less confusing to those who wanted advice.

[color=#335062]I don't want to regulate discussion to that point. In my view, that's going a bit too far.

Complaining about this is a bit ridiculous, really. It's a question being free to choose what you want to discuss. If you don't want to discuss/read about love threads or love advice stuff, you don't have to click on those threads. Ignore them.

If you think there are too many, make your own thread that is about something [i]you[/i] are interested in. I don't want to get [i]too[/i] restrictive in terms of how we go about discussing every single subject and such. As far as having its own forum...I don't think it's necessary. Most of these threads tend to run themselves into the ground pretty soon anyway -- the person gets the advice they are looking for and that's that.

So I'd basically say, don't worry about it. If you want alternative discussions, I encourage you to make your own threads.[/color]