Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
there was a thread a while back about eva becomming live action, that ain't the only one, within the next two years or so there's gonna be live action akira, ninja scroll, dragon ball z, and some others.. please hollywood don't screw it up..
Posted
The word is that they'll be making a live action Sailor Moon tv show. Ewww, I know it's going to be as cheesy as the Power Rangers.

Zeram (the Iria movie) wasn't terrible, but it sure wasn't good.

The same for the live action Wicked City. It was just well, weird.

The Fist of the North Star movie was so horrendous I couldn't even finish watching it.

I heard they made a DBZ movie some years ago, but I heard also that it was one of the worst films ever created. I don't know any facts about that claim though.

Anime movies don't have the best track record for being good.

I have hope that the Eva movie will be good, but I'm not counting on it. Even though the people who worked on LOTR will be doing the CG, I'm still a little hesitant to get my hopes up.
Posted
One of the adult swim things said there was going to be a live actaion Lupin III movie. But I personally cant wait to see the DBZ one. I'm sure it will be one of the funniest movie ever made, although I'm sure that's also not what it was going for either ;)
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]I would LOVE to be cast in the Sailor Moon live action show, no matter how cheezy it was. I would want to be Usagi more than anything. And I think I could pull it off perfectly, too.

And by the WAY, I am a big fan of the Power Rangers. And yes, I am 18.[/color][/size]
Posted
Awww, I wouldn't mind seeing the live action movies.. even though, yes they would be cheesy.. but hey who really cares? And yeah I also liked power rangers :P.. it WAS cool, lol. I guess now with all the technoligy we have, one of those kind of movies would actually look cool. It's kinda like how they are doing all the old comic heros movies like Spiderman, XMen, Hulk, DareDevil, and so on. Well that's all I got to say.
Posted
The live-action Sailormoon show is being made in Japan and the creator of the original comic series will have some say in its production, so that shouldn't be too big of a problem.
But if they decide to dub the show into English ala-Ultraman Tiga, that would suck eggs. The best way they could ever bring the show overseas is to do it Power Ranger style and buy the costumes from the Japanese show and hire new actors.

And I really don't see how badly anyone could screw up a live-action Lupin III movie. There are some decent movies out there about thieves & larcenists, and that's all Lupin II really is... a series about a grand larcenist.

They didn't make a DBZ movie years ago, Hong Kong made a Dragonball (no Z) movie way back. It was really bad. They didn't even get the full rights to make the movie. The characters had to collect "dragon pearls."
Posted
I had no idea that there were going to be so many made; but it does make sense. American film and media people are all about destroying the comic book genre here in america with The Hulk, Spiderman, X-Men, etc... It seems to be catching on...let's just hope it won't spread like a wildfire and destroy the anime genre for the newer generations coming down the pipe....cross your fingers people, this may be a hard road ahead...
Posted
[color=red][font=times new roman]Well I just read in the newest issue of NewType magazine that anno is VERY excited about the new eva movie and has approved of all the ideas thusfar that have been developed and thought about for the movie...This makes me alot less apprehensive about this movie for sure...

If a man like anno approves of it this might just have hope...We'll just have to wait and see :devil: [/color][/font]
Guest sukuruhigashi
Posted
Hey was there a live action movie of Iria?
Posted
oh thankgod.. they have anno.. hehe they can't bastardize his child then.. just the dragon ball z movie.. hope they have enought sense to leave out some of the groaning at the very least. and godly's right, lets just pray this doesn't turn anime into a fad.. personally, i'm hoping for a l.a. cowboy bebop
Posted
Theres going to a new season of Sailor Moon airing in japan that it all live action...
gonna be a tad weird, but should be kinda cool

I really wanna see the live action EVA movie... I dunno why just sounds kool
Posted
An Evangelion movie.. Is it going to be from Japan or America?.. Wait. If the people who did LOTR are doing Evangelion.. Yeah, it'll probably be from America, right?..

Ooh I wonder if Shinji will be played by a 14-year old.. And how will they have orange and purple hair and stuff!?!? ~distressed~
Posted
[size=1] Well, I think that if they work hard on the Akira one, it could turn out all right. I saw the castings for the Eva movie:

Ritsuko: Nicole Kidman.
Shinji: Halley Joel Os-something.

Uh, I gotta go and I forgot the rest. The rest aren't famous or anything, and I'm very dissapointed in the castings. The characters don't even resemble the real actors.[/size]
  • 1 year later...
Guest djmidnite
Posted
hello I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good live action anime movies out on dvd right now? I recently purchased "Casshern" and "cutie honey" for my brother in-law for his birthday(hes really into anime) He loved Casshern but he hasnt seen "cutie honey" yet. I just wanted to know if anyone knows anything better than these movies thats out right now. thanks
Posted
In the future, please refrain from bringing back really old topics unless they pertain to a specific anime. If you see an interesting general thread that has long since died out, you should feel free to start a new thread about the same subject. Thanks.

Thread closed.

~Dagger~
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...