Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Well, the big day's finally coming. HULK is going to burst into theaters tomorrow, and I was just wondering if anyone else was going to see it, and most importantly, what everyone's opinion was on the movie. Stupid concept, or blockbuster in progress? I, for one, am kind of delaying judgement a little bit, as, even though it's ANG LEE, the idea of a big, green neanderthal lumbering through cities might not be the best part to focus on, but I'm sure the movie will rock. The trailers have made me anxious (I'm a HULK fan, so...) Anyways, opinions?
Posted
I might go and see the movie next week because we are leaving for Detroit tommorow but anyways, it looks like an okay movie in my opinion. I liked Spider-Man and I am a big fan of the HULK but from the previews it didnt look to great to me for some reason. But I probably will go and see it.
Posted
I know for sure I'm going to see the movie. I like the Hulk point blank. I already got my ticket for tomorrow. And if its really good I'm going to see it three more times like I did Spiderman and X-Men.
Posted
[color=red][font=times new roman]I think its going to be very good...I believe it will be abit diff then the previews make it out to be...

All the interviews ive read with ang lee he makes the movie out to be far deeper and more concetrated on the characters and bruces internal conflict...

So I think the movie is gonna be deeper then the "HULK SMASH" type trailers that ive seen thusfar make it out to be...[/font][/color]
Posted
Me and my friends are gonna see it. One of my friends was making fun of it he said it's gonna be such a constipated movie, we all laughed.
The movies prolly gon' be action packed.
Guest EMPER0R_
Posted
IM prolly gonna see it since the trailers were pretty interesting.

Hopefully the Hulk doesn't look too bad like they said it did in some scenes they reshot.
Posted
A friend of mine saw it... He said it is just a piece of crap mixed with some ****... So I'm probably not gonna see it... Anyways, I believe there was a thread about Hulk before wasn't there?
Posted
I didn't see it yet but I might today after I wake up. (it's about 2 in the morning) I was a fan of the TV series but I never read the comic. The movie looks pretty cool. I'm looking forward to it.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DarK DeatH [/i]
[B]A friend of mine saw it... He said it is just a piece of crap mixed with some ****... So I'm probably not gonna see it... Anyways, I believe there was a thread about Hulk before wasn't there? [/B][/QUOTE]
I was thinking the same thing, but that other Hulk thread has to be at least a month old by now (not to mention at least 2 pages back). There's really not much point in bringing it back now.
Posted
[color=indigo]Well, I saw the Hulk last night and I wasn't very impressed. The story line was well done, but it wasn't interesting enough to keep me on the edge of my seat. I thought that the CGI was incredible, and it was interesting watching the Hulk's various emotions...especially around Betty. The acting was OK, but the plot was too long and drawn out.

The movie is worth renting, but I definatly wouldn't pay theater prices to see it again.[/color]
Posted
[color=green]For being advertised for almost 2 years, I thought it was a huge let down. I mean, I thought it looked good when I saw previous when Spiderman was coming out, but now that I have actually seen it, it wasn't what it was cracked up to be.[/color]
Posted
I saw it the other night. I didn't think it was that bad, but I wasn't that impressed either.

Going into it, I knew not to expect a basically mindless action movie... and that's what I think most people were expecting. At least from what my friends and people in the theater were saying.

The story was fine, and most characters were given plenty of back story... the problem was that they went so slow at the start that they had no way to catch up and end it well.

So it was kind of like "Okay. Let's bring up ten new things and not address them. Then we can [spoiler]freeze the Hulk and make everyone confused as to what the hell really happened.[/spoiler]"

The comic style cinematography was awesome... especially later on in the movie when it got used a bit more. I'm not sure why they mostly just stuck different camera angles of the same thing in the panels, but whatever. I did not like that stupid zoom out thing they used a couple times in the first half. It made some sort of "woosh" noise while it suddenly zoomed out a little bit. I thought I was at 2 Fast 2 Furious.

The modeling was great. Far better than any commercial had lead me to believe. Most of it was very believable, considering he's a giant green guy.

Anyway, not the best movie... but it was decent. I'd rent it, and leave it at that.
Posted
[color=indigo]The comic style cinematography was something that I also enjoyed...at first I thought it was odd for an action flick, but as the movie progressed, I thought it lended a comic book feel to the movie.

Another aspect I liked was the cameo with Stan Lee and Lou Ferigno. [/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Another aspect I liked was the cameo with Stan Lee and Lou Ferigno. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I thought that was great. It seemed like I was the only one in the theater who even knew who the hell they were. No one else even made a sound or movement over it heh.

Was strange that they only said "hulk" once in the entire movie...
Posted
I know what you mean, Azazel. I too was the only one who noticed. I thought the movie was good overall, but I didn't particularly like the whole aspect of what happens to his father at the end of the movie. But the giant mutant poodle was funny. Serious scene, funny poodle. The Hulk looked pretty good, too. Although in parts it was a bit too green. I give it a nine out of ten.

This is CNN...
Posted
I saw it last night, and I gotta say that I was dissapointed. While the Hulk scenes were amazing, the plot was too slow paced. They showed the same flashback at least 4 times, for God's sake! With a faster moving plot, and even more Hulk, this movie would've been excellent.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[color=blue]I'm sorry to admit that I have seen this movie. I saw it a couple of hours ago now, and it's one of the crappiest movies I've ever seen. I think all the people involved in that movie, were just doing it for money. The Plot was unclear and vague, and the scripped had so many holes it could have been typed on Swiss Cheese. Terrible[/color]
Posted
I didn't like it very much, there was too much blah blah and less action. I liked more Xmen 2 and Spiderman.
Posted
[size=1] It could have done with a bit more of the Hulk appearances. I understand that the movie was basically laying the groundwork for the sequel, and showing how Bannerman became the Hulk. But I think it could have done with some more "hulking up"

The Final scene with [spoiler] The military chasing the Hulk, and him smashing up their helicopters and tanks like they were mere cardboard, [/spoiler] I could have sworn I saw an Incredible hulk episode with that storyline, then again, that was ages ago.

I enjoyed the movie for what it was worth. It wans't quite what i expected and I enjoyed X Men 2 better. I now await The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen to hit our theatres, form what I understand it's another Marvel comics - to- movie, but I have never heard of it before.
EDIT: the cameo with Stan Leee and Lou Feringo I din't catch when I saw it on the copy that was *cough* leaked to the internet *cough*, but I did see it when i legitimately saw the movie in the theatres :p[/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...