Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
i think jealousy is kinda bad cause jealousy leads to other
things and it makes it worse....for friendship it's like you dont
trust them but then it's not always good if you'r not jealous....
but what do you think about jealousy???
Posted
i think controlled jealousy can be a good thing. i mean, you just can't let it eat you up inside and blind you, that's when it get's out of hand and you can't control it. that's whe ppl start calling you a psycho.
Guest Unosuke
Posted
Ya, here's how I see it. Jealousy has it's place. For instance, let's say your boyfriend, husband, whatever sees some dude flirting with you. And you give him attention. What would you think if he didn't get jealous? That's just an example, but there are lots of other such thing. It's not jealousy that's the problem, it's the way you deal with it.
Posted
Jealously is healthy in small doses: there should only be a handful of things that you would want to keep all to yourself. The rest of the world, you should be able to share. ;)
Posted
[color=green]I think that jealousy is good for the soul...it just lets you feel all of your emotions and how you REALLy feel...i'm not sure if that made sense..oh well...I also believe that when you get jealous you should either state your feelings to a close friend or the person him/herself...you should never keep things bottled up inside..[/color]
Posted
[size=1]I hate to feel it, but it really cannot be helped. I always feel guilty whenever I experience it.

Unosuke had a good example.. I have gone through that situation in some form or another numerous times. I am usually quick to get over it, and I usually confess to it because I usually feel bad about it.

Jealousy is okay, I suppose. Just as long as it does not get out of control.[/size]
Posted
Hmmm..I was actually having some major jealousy problems a few days ago..JEALOUSY IS EVIL!!! O_o

But yeah. I feel it is true, that if you don't get jealous over someone or something, your feelings arent as strong as they could be.

Also, when someone is jealous..it can be a sign that they really care for you.

argggh!! its so confusing *twitches*
Posted
Ugh. I had this one bf who would get jealous of all my guy friends, even the gay ones, even the ones with steady girlfriend's that they clearly loved. This grated on my nerves and was one of the reasons I broke up with him.

That being said, jealousy in small doses is good. We all do love to be wanted.

-Ness, and I swear it's the last time
Posted
Jealousy can be good in some ways in relationships. Say for instance, well this happened to me, this guy had a moped and my girlfriend really wanted to go on it, and the guy let her as he frove and she sat on the back. I admit I got jealous because she was riding with some other guy but I didn't completely lose my mind over it because I thought it was just a harmless thing. This can be a good way to show you are concerened about your partner and what is going on. This can however lead to being very overprotective in some ways which isn't a very good thing because it can lead to you not trusting your partner etc.
Posted
Jealousy is the basest of human emotions, next maybe to anger. Ideally, it should not be had. since the world is far from ideal, jealousy is best ignored. it leads to as many stupid and pathetic decisions as drugs. transfer into hate, if you can. hat can be controlled, it doesn't control you.
i don't know, now im preaching hate, which isn't good either. but, it is better than jealousy; in my opinion anyways
Guest cjcrossfire
Posted
In some ways Jealousy is good, because if someone was in a relationship with another person, and let's say that a guy came up to the girl and started flirting with her, her boyfriend would get very jealous. But it's an instinct that tells us that we are protective for that person and we don't want to lose them.

It's a natural emotion, of course everyone knows the negative effects of it.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]RequiemofaDream[/i]
[B]hat can be controlled, it doesn't control you.
i don't know, now im preaching hate, which isn't good either. but, it is better than jealousy; in my opinion anyways [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm going to have to disagree with that. Hate is an emotion that takes over your life. It consumes your every waking moment to the exclusion of all else. It's terrible and does nothing good.

Jealous, while foul, does have a few good qualities. It is, as has been said, best in small doses. However, when jealousy gets out of control... then, it is not so good. No one likes to deal with the overly envious.

-Ness, hate in your heart will consume you too
Posted
[size=1]What do I think of jealousy? Personally I think that, while a destructive emotion, jealousy is something we all feel. We all get that pang of envy deep in our stomachs -- when you see someone who got a better grade, or who has better friends, or better posessions. Thing is, though, that's just plain humanity. We all [i]want[/i] to have expensive cars, and nice houses, and food in our stomachs. Material things -- in my opinion -- are signals of how far we've come in life. We attach memories to things.

For instance, you smell something, and you think -- I know that smell. I'd completely forgotten it until then.

Material things jog our memories. To do that you need money, and to get money, you need ambition. Jealousy -- to [i]me[/i] -- is another form of ambition, driving you on to greater heights, materialistically, at least.

In relationships, I think that jealousy is unwarranted. You see someone flirting with your significant other -- as long as it doesn't go anywhere, what's wrong with that?

Although, in saying that, Jealousy [i]is[/i] a gut reaction, so often you can't help it.

I don't know. Maybe someone green-eyed can tell me.[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Asphyxia [/i]
[B][size=1]What do I think of jealousy? Personally I think that, while a destructive emotion, jealousy is something we all feel. We all get that pang of envy deep in our stomachs -- when you see someone who got a better grade, or who has better friends, or better posessions. Thing is, though, that's just plain humanity. We all [i]want[/i] to have expensive cars, and nice houses, and food in our stomachs. Material things -- in my opinion -- are signals of how far we've come in life. We attach memories to things.

For instance, you smell something, and you think -- I know that smell. I'd completely forgotten it until then.

Material things jog our memories. To do that you need money, and to get money, you need ambition. Jealousy -- to [i]me[/i] -- is another form of ambition, driving you on to greater heights, materialistically, at least.[/size][/B][/QUOTE] Whoa, let's not mix subjects. Jealousy is when you want to keep something all to yourself, while envy is desiring what others have. Envy is great, if you desire bigger and better things, but jealousy is a different story.
Posted
jelousy is unavoidable it's attached the human need to want what they can't have and that's usually what someone else has but like others have said before it's a double edged sword.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...